Review Highlights
An amazing cooking class

Reviewed January 24, 2016
Elewaem
via mobile
Learning Cooking can be fun and educative

Reviewed October 4, 2015
LifeisExperiment
Colorado

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 24, 2016 via mobile

I' ve attendend a cooking class at foodies place with two friends . The theme was easy and fast dishes for everyday life. In 3 hours we learnt how to cook delicious vegetables lasagna, two amazing cruncy chickens, roasted califlowers with an alternative besciamelle and tasty vegetables croquetes . We had a great time and brought home smart and innovative ideas for our meals. Valentina is a great cook and a wonderful person. I'm looking forward our next class!

Reviewed October 4, 2015

One definitely feels at home in the environment and something that can be replicated at home. In addition, Valentina has a unique skill in combing the science and art of cooking in the way she teaches you. Once you cook all the recipe items, you will be surprised that she is one of the harshest critiques - that not only tells you about her humble nature, but also allows the student to understand what tweaks can be made. She is very accommodating in taking requests on food restrictions - so we made all vegetarian dishes!!
You can tell the impact of this lesson on me, simply by the fact that I bought the KitchenAid pasta maker last Christmas, and now I don't buy pasta from the grocery stores - even if the label has all the eye catchers - organic, low carbs etc.

Reviewed June 26, 2015

First, the place striked me. It was not like some other boring cooking schools with professional kitchens and fancy appliances, but here the place was so cozy and relaxing as if you were spending time with a friend's place, Valentina taught us lots of valueble tricks which can really be used in our daily lives, in our own kitchen when we are back home. And at the end all the pastas looked so good and were very very fresh and yummy.

Reviewed February 15, 2015 via mobile

Valentina showed us lots of tricks to make all sorts of different pasta. In 4 hours we'd made tagliatelle, lasagne, gnocchi, ragout, pesto, tomato sauce, tortellini and various other pasta shapes in her flat. Then we ate the main dishes with wine and coffee. Yum. We didn't need to eat for the rest of the day! Best bits for me were the pasta/mincing machine, the mini gnocchi tool and learning tricks like putting the tomato stalk in the sauce to add flavour! Valentina is very friendly and funny and helped us with local tips. A fun way to spend what was a rainy grey day in Milan.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My 19 year old son and I spent 2 days learning to cook Italian with Valentina in her kitchen.

The venue is the owners kitchen in Gessate which is easily reached from central Milan on the very efficient underground system they have. Valentina collected us from the station and drove us the short distance to her home which has a light and airy kitchen which is really well equiped with plenty of work surfaces and professional quality cookware.
Each session lasted 4 hours and we cooked 4 or 5 dishes each day which you then get to eat and enjoy with selected wines (we sampled 3 wines on each day) all included in the price. Valentina was very flexible about what we cooked and the sessions were packed with great tips and top quality ingredients. She was also very flexible about timings of the sessions which helps when you are planning these things. On one day she took us to the local market to see the produce on offer which was an added and unexpected bonus.
Valentina is obviously a gifted and passionate chef and was absolutely charming and welcoming. Her English was excellent as she spent 4 years living in Canada.
All in all, it was a really fantastic experience and great value for money............I'd have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Foodies Place to anyone who wants to learn to cook some great Italian classics in a really relaxed and friendly environment.

1  Thank StewartLorimer