Review Highlights
Stunning

Absolutely fascinating 1st century AD Celtic settlement on the coast. The structures are... read more

Reviewed November 12, 2018
Lin D
Royston, United Kingdom
via mobile
Amazing 1st century BC Celtic settlement

This is definitely in my top five most astonishing places visited in recent years. It’s quite a... read more

Reviewed September 28, 2018
Nicholas H
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews century bc settlement views remains ocean ruins peninsula galicia site setting spot rocks wind trek town community entrance
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

I was amazed that these ancient ruins were free to access and walk around. The setting was beautiful and unspoilt. I can imagine if in the UK there would be gates and guards and lots of interactive boards. Instead we could wander at our leisure, imaging how and why the celts had chosen this particular spot and discussing what each building could have been used for.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

The ruins are located in Porto do Son area. A scenic road next to the ocean is leading you to the place. It is a very nice place to watch the sunset. It is not very known place so usually it is not full of people.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed November 25, 2016

Every time I go to Galicia and they ask me where I want to go, I ask them to take me to the Castro de Baroña celtic ruins. The view of this historical site with the roar of the ocean the wind in our face makes one image how it must have been 2,000 years ago when it was settled. I can't even image how one would consider raising children in this dangerous spot.But I guess protection for the enemy was their first concern. Magical indeed!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

Stopped off to visit the Celtic Ruins. We parked next to a bar restaurant and made our way down. The views are wonderful and the ruins are well wort seeing. Given my Scottish roots it was nice to visit here. A great place to spend a few hours taking in the views, beaches and history. Enjoy

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed August 26, 2016

We spent almost two hours wandering around this headland enjoying both the ruins and the location. The ruins are magical, and well preserved. The location is spectacular, and includes a nice sandy beach. Travelers tip: Enjoyed a good cold beer at the cafe, which is very decent and provides free wifi. This was one of the highlights of our days in Galicia, and would have happily spent more time here.

Date of experience: August 2016