Lowest prices for your stay
$117
Fully refundable before Sat, Mar 16
$122
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
$122
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2016

Purchased excursion after getting off a cruise ship. Price included 3 hours at all inclusive 4-star beach resort. We found it to be a 2-star property. 2 small pools. Very few lounge chairs. Only 4 umbrellas on beach for several bus loads of people. The beach was the worst I have visited in 20 trips to the Caribbean! Worst of all, everywhere I went on the property, there was a strong smell of an open sewer. The only thing good I have to say about the property is that the all inclusive buffet was good and the bartenders were liberal with the liquor! Would never recommend.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlwaysCrusin
Reviewed November 3, 2016

First of all this is not an "Excellent" review. Please do yourself a favor and read the reviews under "Terrible" They are extremely accurate. I am pretty sure that those who wrote great reviews were too drunk to remember. We took the Carnival sponsored "Autoprogreso" bus to the market place and then were held on the bus until their representatives tried to sell us some excursions. We got off and were bombarded by beggars pushing us to buy their goods and get massages. We went back over and talked to the representative about an all inclusive 3 hour excursion that the bus guide had offered for $35 a person. We were skeptical but we decided to do it as we wanted to go to a nice beach. The pictures he showed were beautiful and he said we would be back to the cruise by 3:30. Perfect as there was something I wanted to do at 4:15. As we are making our way 25 minutes into a 30 minute ride to the resort, Mario said we would be back to the cruise at 4:30. >:-( The beach was extremely low grade, worse than Galveston. The property smelled like urine and the closer you got to the water the worse it was. The "buffet" was horrible. It consisted of the makings for a chicken fajita and a quesadilla. The chips were like the ones you get at the ballpark with the fake cheese over them. I asked for a quesadilla and the lady gave me one triangle, I asked for another. I am an extreme lightweight and I drank about 5 drinks which did nothing to me. I can't do tequila but apparently that was the only way to get drunk. It was really a waste of a day off the ship. Also our tour guide who told us numerous times that he didn't get a wage and only lived in tips- Hint? We had a server that every time he walked by he harassed us to make sure that we remembered to tip him. Also, the bathroom chick was waiting for a tip as well. For What?? Listening to me pee? It was the longest 3 hours of my trip. The best part was when we got back on the bus to leave and all the drunks got on. They were pretty entertaining. "Aunt Jemima" with her $25.00 braids and "Jose slow down I am going to be sick".

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank stacey f
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

Everyone here was great and took great care to ensure we enjoyed our time. We ended up here after being unable to find our connection to a previously booked shoreexcursioneer.com outing. It was about $5 cheaper and was a great time! Our guide from AutoProgreso, Mario, was very charming and helpful!

The beach was full of beautiful sand, although the water was cloudy from the seaweed.

We only spent a few hours there, but I would definitely consider returning and staying a couple of nights in their rooms!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

We bought this excursion off the carnival boat by the bus station. We paid $40 since we had a group of 8. We took a van for about a 40 minutes drive to the Mayan ruins, not the main attraction ruins, just some random ruins. It cost $5 dollars to see these. We stayed about 30 minutes then headed to the beach for 2.5 hours. The resort had all you could eat and drink. It also had a pool and plenty of shade. The ocean had lots of seaweed yet the sand was like silk once you got past the rocks. The resort is wheelchair accessible, the ruins are not.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

Was dropped off in the market place in progreso Mexico, and taken to this resort. About a 20 minute drive nice driver no English though, very nice resort, clean, good food, great prices on massages and hair braiding. Staff was very friendly. Great prices and I felt safe there. $25 all you can eat no alcohol and $35 for alcohol

Trip type: Traveled with family