“Beautiful Palazzo”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dobrota
london
“Beautiful Palazzo”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Beautiful, cool property, run by beautiful people. I have stayed at Palazzo for two weeks with my family and had a great time. Everything was absolutely perfect, the food, atmosphere, beautiful grounds, our family room, amazing view...I would recommend their little boutique, little fashion corner, with amazing dresses, caftans, and very cool accessories. Perfect choice in Boka for sure. I am looking forward to my next visit! Thank you everyone at Palazzo!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
London
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I want to write a review that will be useful to other reviewers but I'm not sure what I can say about Palazzo Radomiri that hasn't been said before so apologies for saying some of it again but I will also try to say something a bit new if I can. The location is simply stunning, the terraces for sunbathing beautiful, the building is wonderful and has been decorated very stylishly, the staff and owners could not be more helpful and friendly and being in Dobrota is a haven away from Kotor but with very easy access (everyone talks about the walking time but it is worth noting that the taxi is only 4-5 Euros so hardly breaks the bank for the lazy among us!). It is well worth getting up for Maya's yoga. My partner did it five days in a row and he doesn't like early mornings or exercise! I chose to go running on some of the mornings because I have never run anywhere so beautiful (and flat!). My partner also wanted me to say how fantastic Maya's massages are. He has a massage at every opportunity and said this was one of the best (well actually he had two!). I felt sufficiently relaxed just looking at the scenery especially with a cappucino (the best I had in Montenegro especially when Miki was making it) or a glass of Prosecco. I sympathise with the recent reviewer who felt that certain noisy children and noisier parents spoiled the breakfast experience. We were there at the same time and felt exactly the same but I would make the same comment that this is not the hotel's fault. Once these guests had left breakfast was a lot calmer. Having said that I do think the whole breakfast operation could definitely be run more smoothly with a bit more effort. I don't want to fault the hotel as we loved the place and the people but there are some minor issues. We had the loft suite (Civille, room 303) which was very large and comfortable except the bathroom. This had a sloping roof and my partner had to bend over a lot resulting in back ache (he is 6ft). I didn't have a problem. As for recommendations in the area - we ate at Fork and Spoon twice and had excellent food for the very reasonable price paid. Galeon in Kotor was a very special experience. We also ate in the restaurant next door to the hotel where we had lovely food and excellent service. We took the hotel bikes and cycled to the other side of the bay - about 20 kms (3 hours taking it relatively easily and with a lunch stop). The other side has a different feel (less developed) and is worth experiencing and of course you get views back to Palazzo Radomiri. I thought cycling through Kotor might be a bit of a nightmare but it was okay (and you can always get off and walk). I also thoroughly recommend walking the old town walls which wasn't half as difficult as I expected (but I suggest you do it late in the day) and driving the back road from Kotor to Locven National Park and then on through the park (the views are out of this world). Don't try to walk up to the mausoleum if you get vertigo. I had it for the first time in my life! If you don't have vertigo then do it, the view must be amazing. Finally, and I'm sure this information will be useful to someone, if you need to watch a premiership football match whilst you are there then Babilur (a few minutes walk from the hotel - turn right on the bottom road) will accommodate you and show a real interest in your team (even if it's Crystal Palace).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Fi_07
Palazzo R, Public Relations Manager at Palazzo Radomiri Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Fi-07,
I cannot thank you enough for such amazing review! You have really covered so many sides of staying not only in Kotor, but in Montenegro as well. I am also more than happy that you have enjoyed all that Dobrota and Palazzo Radomiri can offer. We have changed our breakfast concept, so that guests can have it in different locations around the hotel, so it will be a much nicer experience from now on.
As for the sports, we will probably have to accommodate football watching guests as well this season, so if you decide to come again, just ask for your favourite team!
Best regards from Montenegro!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

What a fantastic, family run hotel with great hospitality and a personal touch. This hotel could not be better located in the bay. It is far enough away from Kotor, not too be annoyed by the floods of tourists pouring into town from the increasing number of cruise ships anchoring in the harbour. It is a quick ride by car into town or as you are on holiday enjoy the 50 minutes walk alongside the seaside. Kotor can become quite hot. The location of the hotel appears to be perfect with a nice breeze picking up around midday providing some cooling off. Or just take a quick dive in the crystal clear sea or in the courtyard swimming pool. Make sure you get a room with seaview to enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Service in the hotel is personalised and breakfast is of a good standard. As always there are some areas which can be further improved. We felt that food was too expensive for the quality provided. There are many very good restaurants with a better value in the area. We only dined in the hotel once, which is a shame as there is a beautiful outside dining area. Breakfast was good and it would have been even better if there would have been the possibility of enjoying it outside in their beautiful courtyards.

In brief: Thank you for a fantastic holiday!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PerceptionOfReality
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A very nice boutique-style hotel in a stunning and quiet location. We enjoyed sunbathing on the private pier and swimming in the clear waters of Boka Kotorska (Kotor Bay).
But the most important aspect for us was the genuine friendly staff and owner. Anna let us enjoy the live music at her end-of-the-summerparty with the other (hotel)guests. A great experience with great people!

Room Tip: We had a standard room on the upper floor. Seaview is limited and shower a bit small.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a nice, friendly hotel in a beautiful, historic older house. The staff is friendly, the pool is nice, the buffet breakfast is nice also. The rooms are attractive, in an old fashion way and the location is dramatic. If you enjoy a local experience when you travel and you enjoy meeting and talking with local people also, staying here should be a nice experience. I found the rooms a little too authentic for the comfort that I would like. The mattress in our room was not very comfortable, although our biggest problem with comfort was the lack of adequate air conditioning. It was very hot and humid weather and the 2 bedroom suite we were in never got very cool. They did bring us a fan to circulate the air and that helped a lot. The hotel is across the street from the sea and has a nice dock with chairs and an awning. Staying here is a very authentic experience and the scenery around the hotel is just wonderful. It has been in the same family for a long time. The quality is impressive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The other reviews have surely hit on the major appeal of this fantastic boutique hotel: picturesque views, private pier, access to Kotor without being overwhelmed by the tourists, delicious restaurant. But what made our stay so excellent was the help we received from the hostesses when my wife came down with an ear infection. The hotel arranged for us to meet with a doctor, gave our cab driver directions, and checked in on us periodically. We would have been in real trouble if not for their personal calls to doctors on our behalf. If we ever make it back to that part of the world, we'll definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Yes, the location of this hotel is absolutely fantastic. It has uninterrupted views of Kotor Bay from most (all?) bedrooms - we were in Lecos, which certainly has a perfect bay view. The hotel is in Dobrota and it's easy to get into Kotor by taxi or in about an hour walking along the lovely bay side road. There are a couple of private jetties on the bay which are just wonderful for lazing on, sunbathing and taking in the view. There's also a good small pool in an inner court yard. The free yoga classes are a great extra each morning, held on a lovely terrace overlooking the bay.
Ours was a standard room which was smallish with a really tiny but well appointed shower room - we managed well enough for a five day stay. The bed was large and the furnishings just fine.
The hotel staff are all very pleasant and really helpful - they know the local area well and can provide advice on restaurants, book taxis etc - everything you'd expect from a decent hotel.
Sadly the breakfast experience - slightly chaotic and unrelaxing - lets the hotel down; this would otherwise have been a 5 star review. Unrelaxing during our very recent late August/early September stay because of loud families travelling as a group dominating the restaurant throughout breakfast every day - noisy kids/even noisier parents - though of course this is difficult/impossible for the hotel to manage. And slightly chaotic in a way that's easy to put right - such as not enough spoons or bowls then there are no glasses or it's difficult to get a cup of coffee, the fruit has run out or there are no salad vegetables etc etc you get the picture - basic easy to remedy stuff. I heard Fawlty Towers muttered by other guests on more than one occasion - a tad harsh but I knew what they meant!
In terms of value, Montenegro isn't a massively expensive country (which you'll notice if you're travelling from Dubrovnik) but nevertheless we thought the hotel was pretty good value for money.
Don't let our breakfast problems put you off staying here - we still loved our visit!
By the way, if you're looking for a good restaurant nearby, try Fork & Spoon just along the bay road in the direction of Kotor - nothing fancy but great quality, service and value.

Room Tip: Our standard room - Lecos - was very small and the shower room tiny but the amazing views totally ma...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MartinC132
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dobrota
Hotel Pana Kotor
#3 of 18 in Herceg-Novi
Hotel Conte
Hotel Conte
#1 of 2 in Perast

Been to Palazzo Radomiri Hotel? Share your experiences!