“A must if you visit Kotor”

Restaurant Forza Mare
Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in Dobrota
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wherever you have been, whatever you have seen around the world, be prepared to revise your opinion of what constitutes the best. From the very first moment that you encounter Hotel Forza Mare, you will have a new measure for your wishes and needs. It is not just the ambience and the view; it is not just the hospitality, nor spectacular mornings and stunning evenings from the terraces of your suite. It is something more, something words and even pictures cannot quite describe. It is something which has made Hotel Forza Mare unique and something that keeps its guests always coming back. It is the reason why Hotel Forza Mare is such a special place to stay. It is the true pleasure. Hotel is located in Dobrota, 3 km away from the old town, at the shore of the Bay of Kotor. Striking five stars Hotel with warm and friendly atmosphere, is a place where you can find everything that suits your needs and that will make you wish come and stay here once again!
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Visited this wonderful restaurant for lunch whilst on our recent cruise. Had been introduced to their great food, service and ambience by some friends last year who frequent there often and our return visit did certainly not disappoint. The fresh fish selection was second to none, presentation and taste of all our chosen dishes was delightful. Had originally thought that we would stay in the main town this time, but after looking in a few places we decided to return to this wonderful place and after a short 4 euro taxi ride we are certainly glad we did. Not cheap but then for the quality and excellent service it is worth every Euro. Well done, we cannot wait to return.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Forza Mare

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The restaurant has excellent views of Kotor Bay and the surrounding mountains, especially the bit that extends onto the water. The service was excellent, as was the food that I ordered. They also had an extensive range of desserts (placed directly in front of the hotel's glassed-window gym!) that included cakes and ice creams. However, my friend was not terribly impressed with her food (although she liked my choice), particularly when the chocolate soufflé was a chocolate fondant.

Additionally, be aware of the restaurant's unnecessary cost. I was aware that the restaurant would be expensive given the hotel it was associated with. However, I have never ever seen fresh fruit juice priced at 10 Euros!!! A lot of their dishes were atleast twice as expensive than what I would normally be prepared to pay at an expensive restaurant.

If you are prepared to overlook their prices, I'd highly recommend this restaurant for its ambiance (particularly if you are staying in Dobrota).

2  Thank serina2000
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Booked a table by the bay. An excellent setting and one of the most exquisite views I've ever experienced. Waiter seemed very genuine and presented us with the fish special which encompassed 4 courses of beautiful fresh fish styled on French bistro cuisine.

All of this was perfect. I even asked for some local wine to go with the food and this was matched well enough.

Deserts were incredible. I recommend the chocolate soufflé.

The bill came. €230. €50 of which for wine that costs €6 in a supermarket. Dissapointing value really.

We had a great time though so I presented the waiter with €250 as I had no change. He came back 2 minutes later and thanked me for my generosity.

Tipping is not customary in Montenegro and this is the first time in any restaurant that a waiter pocketed the difference. I felt embarrassed for him and we made our way without creating a scene.

Be aware of this if you visit here. It could blow your Montenegro budget!

2  Thank MikeCharles05
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went kayaking and ended up in this restaurant , the attention given by the staff was excellent even though we where not dressed for the occasion !The food was superb and the prices very attractive !

2  Thank Didier_Rillof
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Seated on the Bay of Kotor at sunset while eating at the Forza Mare was our most romantic evening of our entire three week visit to Croatia and Montenegro. The staff was attentive and helpful without being overbearing. We felt we had the entire bay to ourselves as we enjoyed an excellent dinner of Ston mussels, seabass and Zlahtina wine.

1  Thank BnThrDnThat