Slaley Hall
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
3,327 results
All reviewsgolf coursedukes grillon arrivalspa treatmentshadrians restaurantgolf breakplay golfafternoon teaevening mealbottle of wineour waitersteam roombuffet stylerelaxing breakquad bikingmain restaurantboth nights
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed on one of the Christmas party nights. Slaley is a well looked after hotel, with very good service. I don't normally flinch at bar prices, but i thought the prices here were a bit excessive to be honest! It didn't spoil our stay though and we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
seanboyce, General Manager at Slaley Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Catherine A,

Thank you for your kind review following your Christmas celebrations with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have shared your feedback with the team at Slaley.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back next Christmas, if not before!

Many thanks

Sean Boyce

Reviewed January 8, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at Slaley Hall at Christmas. We did the 3 night Christmas Package once again and it was excellent. From Christmas Eve afternoon untill breakfast on the 27th we were very well looked after and entertained. The food was very good and the service in the restaurant was superb. On one occasion my mum was eating breakfast and the manager of the restaurant happened to ask if everything was ok to which we said "yes". He then said to my mum "would you like another egg freshly done that one looks a bit hard," and immediately he ordered her another egg freshly cooked. All the staff from the Restaurant to the staff keeping the rooms beautifully clean and tidy were always pleasant and cheerful and always spoke when you passed them. We as a family had 3 refurbished rooms overlooking the golf course, these rooms are gorgeous with everything you need for a comfortable stay. We are now planning our 4th Christmas at Slaley. We cant think of anywhere better to go for a comfortable relaxing Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear montague,

Thank you for your very kind review following your recent family Christmas break with us.

I am so delighted that you continue to enjoy your Christmases with us and hope that you will be enjoying many more!!

I have shared your comments with the team who are very grateful for the time that you have taken to acknowledge the very hard work that they do ensuring that all of our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable time with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back this Christmas and please do drop me a line at Slaley if there is anything else I can do to help with your family booking.

Many thanks

Sean

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We payed 75pound with groupon for two .people.......included 60mins treatment all use ov lesuire facilites ,drink,slippers and gown..
The staff were rushed off they feet on arrival and we got told we werent both booked in for massage....i was fumming as id rang twice too confirm....then she realised she was lookin @ the wrong name....
However our massagers where fab and lasted the full hour ....
The jacuzzi was out of use for 1 hour while it was getting cleaned ,which wasnt a problem i was happy to know it was clean after wards ......
The sauna and steamroom were red hot too :+)..
Overall we had a fab day after hearing bad reports and would defo go back on a deal as dont think it would ov been worth 270pounds like it was ment too..

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank ashleacorker
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights should have been 4 but had to leave early do to a problem
at home only charged for the nights we were there. Hotel was excellent from staff to food would love to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clarkSwaffham

Dear clarkSwaffham,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your break with us and very sorry that you had to return home early.

The team are delighted with your feedback. We are always very grateful when guest acknowledge the great work that the team do.

I am delighted that you would love to come back to Slaley. Please do let me know when you have a date in mind as I would love to help with your booking.

Many thanks again.

Yours sincerely,

Sean Boyce

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We got married at Slaley on Dec 28th and had our reception at Slaley Hall. The service we recieved was impecable i really felt like a princess! We had 120+ guests many of which stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights. It was lovely to hear from them that they had such a lovely time and were extremely impressed with the hotel. Getting married anywhere you want it to be perfect and the service and support that we recieved from the team led by Anuja was fantastic - nothing i asked for was too much and the whole day went completely to plan. It was busy at the time with many people enjoying Christmas and New Year packages and my only small regret was not booking the SPA in advance it was so busy there was no availability - a learning for my next visit. A fantastic venue i couldnt recommend it enough and i look forward to returning and remembering the whole thing all over again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CatherineWright

Dear CatherineWright,

Thank you for your lovely review. The team and I are delighted that you all had such a great time.

We are all extremely grateful for your feedback and thoroughly enjoyed looking after you, your family and guests.

Please do let us know when you are planning a return trip to Slaley as I know there are a number of the team who would love to see you again and say hello.

We’ll need to start thinking about those anniversary plans before too long as well!

Many thanks and I hope that we see you again soon.

Sean