“Great place”
Review of Marle Place Gardens and Gallery - CLOSED

Marle Place Gardens and Gallery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Permanently closed. Thank you for your previous custom , but we are no longer open to the public. Privately owned
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Travellers will love this place with its gardens and great gallery. A short drive from where we stayed it provided a beneficial trip for us

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I visited Marle Place on a Friday, arriving about 12 noon. The grounds are truly magnificent and so beautifully cared for. The grounds are over ten acres and there is also a lovely wooded area that you can walk through, so there is plenty to see. There are many benches around the place so you can just sit and enjoy the scenery if you want to. As the grounds are quite big there is plenty of space to wander around without really bumping into other people. It is totally quiet with no traffic noise. We had lunch in an outside area (can recommend the homemade quiche!), but there is also an inside area if you prefer. We bought a few items from the gift shop and also a couple of plants from quite a range they have available for sale (very healthy and very reasonably priced). The staff are friendly and welcoming. We can highly recommend Marle Place if you are looking for somewhere to unwind. It may be busier on the weekends, of course, but it was perfect when we visited. Word of advice - take your satnav as well as a traditional atlas - we found it one of the more challenging places to find but lovely when we got there!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We visited Marle Place gardens for the first time today and it exceeded our expectations. After a very friendly welcome we set off to explore, with mum in a wheelchair. We managed to easily access most of the main garden areas. The gardens had the feel of a series of charming 'rooms', each with it's own character. Do be sure to explore the full area marked on the map...there are some lovely hidden away surprises. The rose garden - although small, had some wonderful blooms and scents, and we loved the vegetable garden and the bog gardens. Herbaceous beds are looking good too, and it is definitely worth seeking out the Orchid greenhouse.
I'm not sure where Jax240 usually goes for tea, but we thought that £2 for an enormous piece of delicious gateau was excellent value, and the tea or coffee was £1.50 per pot. Their own apple juice was just £1.
Admission was £6.50, which we thought was very fair, and wheelchair users get in free. It will be a garden we will return to, as I think it will look lovely in Spring too.

1  Thank LateGappers
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Every time I come here I start off thinking it's too expensive, the food's overpriced and I come away planning my next trip. I think it's the gardens. Go down to the farthest pond & there's a very tame duck who brings her ducklings to peck at your feet. I recommend you take food for them. Last year there was a duck perched in the tea room trough on eggs. The art displays are a little magical. It just works

2  Thank jax240