“Wonderful trip, beautiful resort”

Ho Tram Beach Boutique Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ho Tram
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We spent four nights at the Ho Tram resort in November 2010.
It is a beautiful resort, and as soon as you arrive you're treated to excellent service. Everyone was helpful and very polite. Our villa - a beachview suite - was absolutely stunning and had everything we could've wanted. We were just a few steps from the beach and it was very quiet when we visited so the restaurant and bar staf were extra attentive.
Well worth a visit, this made our holiday in Vietnam something extra special and I'm glad we made the effort to get there. We have already recommended it to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ho Tram Beach Boutique Resort & Spa

Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed for one weekend with friends and kids in this resort and it was the best resort we had until now in the long hai beach area. it is a pleasant escape from HCMC (around 3h drive) We will certainly come back.
We were traveling with a lot of children and the staff was very friendly with them. Good and friendly service, very nice rooms, great beach. A lot of shadow under the trees for the children and a nice slide in the swimming pool. The 'karaoke bar' is underground so the resort is relatively quit (often not the case on Saturday evening in other resorts...). Room for improvement: cleanness in/around the swimming pool and of the pool towels, more choices on the menu would be nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2010

This was our first time in the Vietnam and it was wonderful. We spent 1 weeks at Ho Tram Resort on our honeymoon. It really is a beautiful place. Both side of the beach front has lovely sandy beaches, clean and quite with many shells to collect. We had a room called lily 2 in a traditional Vietnamese villa which was brilliant and had a gorgeous sea view. It was located near the fresh water pool which is the quieter part of the resort and the long sandy beach opposite the room. the massive plus is that it is much quieter than the rest of Vung Tau as this resort is 1 hour drive away from the City, there are plenty of fish swimming on the lake! You can even catch them and cook in the kitchen for your lunch! The beach is very clean and good for snorkeling too. We saw fish here daily. The best sandy beaches about 15 kilometters long on both side of the resort. This Resort is probably not the best if you want to do lots of snorkeling like my kids wanted to do. We also did a trip to Vung Tau City as the Resort is providing a FREE Tour to the City every Saturday, We visited the Park in the sky it was amazing as you will see the entire city in all angle. The Spa is magnificent and the treatment is very holistic.My husband had a massage and rated it very reasonable, he was offered a 15 minutes FREE head and scalp massage that I can be able to use (at the cost $25 only). The room and facilities were lovely and the outdoor shower a real novelty! The bed was the best we have ever slept in! Massive with the most comfortable mattress! We even tried to see if we could buy one when we returned, it was so good! The staff are excellent and apart from one incident in the Nautical Bar when our food took ages (and they apologised profusely), we had no problems at all as we feel even the Hotel manager took cares of us. Breakfast Buffet is wide and appetizing open for longer time too, start from 6:30 to 10:00am. The selection of Menu was at average but you can choose from International or Vietnamese Dishes but after 7 days and would be better if it repeated after 14 days to cater for those who stay longer. The location of this resort was perfect away from the busy areas. There were tourists from everywhere particulary from the Japanese and Far East which didn't bother us at all. There was no Evening entertainment but it compliments with what we want to be in a quite place. We did get some extra special treatment as we were on Wedding anniversary and these were nice touches. The staff do try to accommodate you and help when they can. Though the English needs more improve. The free wi-fi in the room was also a good feature. There was free drinking water in the room and the Fruit basket of local harvest are delicious. All the good things you have read on this site about Ho Tram Resort are true and we would definitely recommend it, having thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HDT207
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This is my 4th hotel during this trip and it's the first one where front desk staff are not at all. They kept hanging up the phone when my taxi driver asked them for directions. When I walked up to the front desk to make arrangement for the next day's transportation, I had to speak loudly to them to get their attention. It was as if I was invisible to the front desk staff. What kind of service is this? At all the other hotels that I have been to, I was greeted with a smile before I even reach the counter.

The bathroom sinks leak (both of them). There are a lot of bugs in the room, esp. the bathroom. When my 4-yr old daughter goes to the bathroom, I have to use the mosquito zapper (very fun to use) to fan the mosquito away from her. I have over 30 bite marks on my legs. I doused myself with mosquito repellent and carry one of those OFF fans.

The restaurant is very expensive. They charge $2.50 for a coconut. A fresh coconut doesn't even cost that much in Los Angeles. We do not know the area well so we had to eat at their restaurant. On Saturday nite, there was a seafood buffet for $21.50 per person. Breakfast is like a zoo. There are a lot of guests moving around getting their food. There was only one staff who was clearing the tables. Most staff just stood around doing nothing.

The pools and the beach are nice. However, there are a lot of family from Saigon that come to this resort for the weekends. So it can get quite crowded.

I find the staff at this hotel less professional than any other hotels that I have stayed at. For the price that I paid in such a remote location, I expected the level of service to be higher. Perhaps, it is difficult to hire and train staff who are willing to live in such a remote location. Bottom line, I would not return.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank jiamin
hotram1027, General Manager at Ho Tram Beach Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2010

Dear Reviewer

I must apologise for your experience at the HoTram Resort, Please allow me to once again reiterate that we take such feedback most seriously. I sincerely regret my efforts to contact you were initially unsuccessful and I would like to again express my apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in this regard.
I am sorry that I did not meet you whilst you were at the Resort and hope that I will be able to welcome you back to the hotel to provide you with the levels of service on which we pride ourselves.
We appreciate the opportunity to have fully investigated your complaint - I am pleased to reassure you that a thorough review of our records including the professionalism of our staff, our restaurant pricing and the bathroom sink details found all conditions to meet the high standards we pride ourselves on maintaining.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and allowing me the opportunity to contact you. I trust we will have the occasion to welcome you back to HoTram Resort in the near future and we will ensure you are well looked after.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write.

Allan Tuppil
HoTram Resort and Spa, Vietnam

Reviewed August 2, 2010

A gem of a hotel. From the dramatic view when you enter at the main entrance as you arrive at the Resort, to the clean, well-equipped rooms, everything was superb. The rooms are beautifully and thoughtfully equipped, amenities, even have a basket of goodies, down to the 'personal romantic dinner by the beach, the shades, local fishermen, the beautiful garden and landscape and the Vietnamese music.
The pool area is stunning. There is a table with Jacuzzi, a table of fresh wash towels with flowers – Drinks is really thirst quenchers, after a dip in the clean beach. Even some sunblock cream can be requested and available.
The restaurants and Beach bar were either good or excellent. We liked the two open-air 'deck bars' with subdued lighting so you can watch the stars and feel the breeze.
Kite flying, Boat and jet ski and windsurfing facilities were all well-equipped. There were several families with children, who seemed to make the place more relaxed than other Vung Tau Hotels hotels I've visited.
My main memory will be the friendliness of the staff - even the lowliest gardener had a permanent smile and a greeting.
We will definitely miss this place, It’s a best experience. You’re rate is number one from us.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
hotram1027, General Manager at Ho Tram Beach Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments at the Trip advisor. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the services Hot ram Resort and have given us almost best scores. Our goal is “the satisfaction of our Guest is our happiness”.

Should you wish to return to Vung Tau, Vietnam it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and have you stay with Ho tram Resort and Spa again.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

On our last phase of Vietnam tour, we arrived late into Saigon from Hanoi and directly travel to the south east of Vietnam all the way to Vung Tau, Hotram Resort. It took us 2 hours drive from the airport to the resort arrive at 3:00am, it was too tiring trip. It was a good impression that even at 3:00am we were welcome by the pleasant receptionist and make a fast check in and guide us all the way to our Room.

Perhalps due to being sleepy and tireness from the trip, I did not notice the welcoming presentation of the room but was surprise us when we get up at 10:00am when the Room Service inform obout our breakfast in the restaurant. We looked onto picture perfect sand and swaying pine trees and nice landscape as we were greeted by the staff in the restaurant.

After the breakfast we opted to come back in the room to our Garden view Suite butterfly 2. As we entered our room our jaws dropped. The layout and spaciousness of suite is perfect. The bedroom is on the ground floor and a mezzanine loft level looks down onto the lounge area. The king size bed was very comfortable and a toilet discreetly located in a room is a open to nature. The bathroom/dressing room shower and toilet area is huge and has plenty of space to hang clothes and a big buth tub. The access to the beach has few steps dipping into the South China Sea were many moments were spent early morning and late afternoons just watching the abundance of marine life around the steps.

After two nights of stay in this beautiful resort, we caught the transport back to the airport. A short time of stay makes us feel diminutive to we were heading over the country of our destination.

But I promise to be back to spend much longer time soon.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank htruong5

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments at the Trip advisor. It was gratifications for the us to read that you enjoyed the services at Hot ram Resort were able to make your stay as comfortable as you had anticipated and we as well did.

As always the satisfaction of our Guest is our happiness. Please note we have shared all of your comments with the team as we constantly review feedback.

Should you wish to return to Vung Tau, Vietnam it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and have you stay with Hotram Resort and Spa again.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

We stayed for 3 night in a 2 bedroom apartment which was huge. We spent a wonderful day touring Vung Tau . This hotel was a bit dated but clean and the large apartment suited our family of 4. It is in a great location, the staff were very efficient & polite and the food was excellent especially the Vietnamese Chicken Salad and breakfast was huge and very tasty.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
hotram1027, General Manager at Ho Tram Beach Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the location, food and service during your visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ho Tram
#1 of 77 in Vung Tau
Leman Cap Resort & Spa
Leman Cap Resort & Spa
#3 of 77 in Vung Tau

Been to Ho Tram Beach Boutique Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!