“Nice food, terrible staff”
Review of Friends of Mine

Friends of Mine
Ranked #83 of 113 Restaurants in Beckenham
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in High St Beckenham and aimed at a glamorous and discerning crowd who enjoy the finer things in life, Friends of Mine is the perfect choice for clients to mix business with pleasure in a spirited and dynamic atmosphere. Friends of Mine has set a new standard in Beckenham’s hip nightlife landscape by blending the nuances of London, Europe and New York’s ultra chic bar scene. We have an extensive list of perfectly pitched cocktails, designed using only the best premium spirits which are created by our on-hand, friendly and highly skilled mixologists. We boast a superb range of international spirits and beers as well as a fantastic selection of quality Wines and Champagnes. Our team will be on hand to meet any request. With a Retro-Modern interior design, professional waiting service and sumptuous décor, we offer an intimate and sophisticated setting for our privileged clientele.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was told when booking my table for 4 that a bottle of white wine would be waiting, when arriving I was shown to a table and asked if I would be eating so the bottle of wine obviously wasn't waiting for me. The waitress took forever to ask us if we wanted a drink and even longer with our food. Halfway through the meal there were ants crawling over our table, complained to the waitress who said she would deal with it, then we just saw her taking everyone's orders instead so we had to find the manager who gave us a shot each for the inconvenience , was called by the owner the next day as he had received a missed call from me, advised him there wasn't any wine on arrival (didn't even mention the ants) he asked for my email address to send a voucher through for my next meal, no voucher received , emailed him to advise of this & a month later still no reply! Nice food it's a shame the staff let it down so much!

1  Thank Michellepawheatley

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We hired Friends of Mine for my daughters christening which turned out to be a great choice. Tony and his team were extremely helpful and were more than happy to accommodate everything we requested.
Decorations, Food, Drinks and the venue were as we expected amazing and would not think twice about returning and highly recommending the venue.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Went in a group of 9 for a mid week meal. Drinks came quickly enough and the service was friendly but the food was really slow. We had an eight o' clock table and didn't manage to finish eating until nearly midnight. I enjoyed the set menu but others in the party found the tapas very bland. The music was very loud when we arrived but staff did turn it down when we asked a couple of times. Overall I would say it's a pleasant bar but not really geared up as a restaurant and my rating reflects that.

1  Thank Caroline G
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My friend had a party of about 14 for dinner here recently, you would've thought we'd signed up for a 7 course michelin starred meal - 'chef's ordered all the food in etc etc' we had a few frozen prawns, bit of dried Chorizo and stale bread to start followed by Co-op pork chops and Bisto gravy.

Massively overrated, hugely pretentious, they think thy're Mayfair, but in reality they are borderline Penge.

3  Thank adamgerrard84
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Lovely breakfast dishes at Friends of mine. I also went there for two birthday parties and the seafood and meat platters are very good. The service is excellent. The price is good.