“A great Sunday lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lalezar - CLOSED

Lalezar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Liverpool
“A great Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I visited for a quick lunch. The food was very tasty and well priced. The service was good and the restaurant has an authentic feel.

1 Thank stracrat

Beckenham, United Kingdom
“A really excellent addition to the High Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

A great fan of turkish food, I have been to a lot of these restaurants over the years all over London. Kebab shops aside, the first turkish restaurant in Beckenham that I had noted was the ill-feted Nene up the road, which was fine, but unremarkable (in my opinion.)

Lalezar delivered a really excellent experience though, and I hope that it will flourish. In many ways this sort of food is not rocket science, but simple food done well can be immensely satisfactory. This is exactly what Lalezar delivered. The borek were powerfully flavoured and rich that belied their size. The falafels were frankly the best I think I have ever actually eaten. And I have had more than a few...
The main courses were super, with the meat, herbs and spices well balanced and powerfully flavoured. My wife enjoyed her chicken too; I tried some and it seemed fine, but my mouth was all a-tingle from my own meal. No desserts, but rounded off with great coffee.

The service was attentive, cheerful and overall very good. The bill was not excessive by any means.

I will be returning. And soon.

2 Thank RicolasUK
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Great food and top class service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I will never eat falafel from anywhere else! Not only is the food unbelievable but the service is amazing - happy staff who cater to every whim and make it that little extra special! Great night with friends and didn't break the bank!

1 Thank Georgia B
London
“Far better than Havet in Bromley. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I was wandering lonely as a star in Beckenham a few weeks ago, wandering where to eat & what to do!
So it was with surprise that I spotted a new Turkish restaurant in the High Street. Needless to say we went in & took our seats.
We ordered a large selection of classic nibbles, hummus, meatballs, cacik, fried liver etc.
they were all excellent in taste & size.
The manager was brilliant, chatty professional & witty to boot. Also very reasonable in price. As I have said before this is far nicer than Havet in Bromley & well worth the trip to Beckenham.

2 Thank Londonlocal1970
“Best Turkish food in SE London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We went for a meal and were pleased to try a range of wonderful tasty dishes. All food is homemade and extremely good value. Its a family run restaurant with a great ambience and friendly staff. We recommend the meze starters which were delicious!

• Visited April 2014