“Great place for the children to seek adventure! Great party experience too!”
Review of Gambado

Gambado
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Beckenham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The UK's most exciting indoor play and party centre. We offer children the opportunity to play, run free and explore in a fun, safe and stimulating environment. Giant Play Frame, Huge Slides, Dodgems, Carousel, Ball Pits and Lots of Soft Play for the little ones. All rides included in standard admission. 3 hours free parking on site. Great party venue - party offers all year and private hire of the venue available.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We have been to gambado lots of times now and recently booked our first party here for my sons 5th birthday on the 5th of August 1-3pm.

Our part host was amazing so helpful and friendly. She was great with the children the food was great and the children had a great time.

I must say since the refurb the place is much better with loads more to do. Cleaner and you can feel that the place has improved a great deal. Our party host was lovely and she made up balloon animals and swords for the children.

The young man who was running the merry go round and bumper cars was so great with my children the birthday boy was reluctant to climb to the top and he helped to encourage him and asked my son to give him a wave from the top of the frames. This helped as my son was excited and ran to the top.

So much of the usual party stress was taken away and left us having more fun.

We will be back some of our guests will be booking parties and we shall re book again.

Gambado , General Manager at Gambado, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2014

Thank you for feeding back to us in regards to your child's party . Its great to here that you are enjoying our new look and had a great experience .

All reviews
"great party"
"tables and chairs"
"great birthday"

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I've been to Gambado's pre makeover and post makeover with two of my children so I am writing from my experience over time.

* It is expensive to get in, and really only worth it if you get a good deal on something like Groupon.

* Parking is always difficult at peak times.

* My 15 month old daughter sustained a facial injury (her cheek was cut open and we had to ride in an ambulance to get stitches on her face) from a fall onto their SOFT PLAY equipment. She was playing in an area which is for under 4's. Signage didn't suggest this at the time- and was not clearly labelled as being age specific - just you have to be under X cms high - so try to pay attention, god forbid that your child has an accident on SOFT play equipment.

* Food is actually quite keenly priced, but there are long queues at peak times.

* The highchairs are ALWAYS filthy, even if you get there first thing in the morning, suggesting they are never cleaned.

* If you have an issue, the management are useless at dealing with it, and they run around in circles looking confused! For example, on the day of the accident, it took ages to find a first aider while blood was pouring down her cheek, it was another parent who said I would need to get an ambulance - never suggested by the 'management', the 'management' promised to call to see how my daughter was doing the next day, but didn't (!!), they also offered to send her get well gifts but never did. I had to CHASE them several times (!!) to refund our membership, they never EVER used her name in email correspondence (because I suspect they hadn't actually read the accident notes) and just had an air of 'couldn't care less that your daughter is scarred for life or had a horrible experience here'.

The General Manager just wanted to sweep our conversation under the carpet so he could go off and enjoy his holiday. On at least three occasions he said he would call me and he didn't, so I had to chase him! Honestly, it has been the worst customer service experience I have had in 34 years.

*A lost child was crying hysterically (had lost parents), and when a staff member was approached who was filling water jugs, she said "I'll be there in a minute".. and continued to fill jugs. She had to have it pointed out to her that a hysterical child is more important than a jug! When it was pointed out to the 'Management, the response was "well it is the parents responsibility to look after their own child".

Hardly the actions of a company who care and who are providing a service for families. I don't feel they can be trusted with providing a safe and comfortable experience for my children and so we will not be returning, ever. Which honestly, is no great loss it was only ever a mediocre expensive experience at best.

There are much better cheaper options within the vicinity, with staff who care. I suggest you spend your well earned money and take your pride and joy there instead.

Just to finish: I don't have a vendetta against this company of any kind and I'm not the sort of person to go out of my way to write bad reviews to ruin a reputation, but I honestly think people need to know what happens when things go wrong, the way the whole thing has been handled has truly truly disgusted me.

10  Thank Cinderelle-oh
Gambado , General Manager at Gambado, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us...

While we don't claim to be perfect and we do make mistakes, we think this review is a little harsh. Some of your criticism is welcomed and we will action that... its only with feedback like this that we can push forward and improve standards for you and other customers.

We have looked at our frame and signage off of the back of the incident and again spoken to RoSPA who have signed off various items and equipment as safe.

We obviously sympathise with what happened and we'd like to think we helped you on the day immediately after the incident. We also contacted you and Groupon to arrange a refund of the membership that you took out. Something that was out of our hands and we gather there were a lot of missed calls to each other - hence taking a bit of time.

We were and still remain very sorry over what happened. Your daughter was very unlucky to sustain this sort of injury. We have taken all practical steps to ensure safety and although this will be no consolation to you... this remains one of very few injuries in the 9 years we have been operating.

We hope in time you will regain trust in us and our product and visit again. You will be more than welcome. In the meantime all the best to you and little Lilla.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was my first time to this venue but I was dreading it based on previous visits to similar places. What a pleasant surprise!

Despite the hot summer day, it was nice and cool inside with plenty of seating. The staff were helpful and polite. I had pre-registered online so cut short our waiting time on arrival. The security protocols made me feel very reassured and so I was able to relax whilst watching 6 nephews and nieces on my own! Coffee in hand, unlimited free wifi and some decent food kept me going for several hours (the venue was not busy so they were not restricting patrons to a 2.5 hour limit). Check the website before visiting as you may find a promotion to cut your costs - during our visit we were able to enjoy a buy one get one free deal on tickets which halved our costs!

The facilities are very good, clean and varied enough to sustain the children's energy and interests. Car parking was easy. Overall, I really liked this venue and would definitely come back.

Gambado , Manager at Gambado, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback about your first visit with us ! It's great to hear you have had such a wonderful time .

We look forward to seeing yourself and your family again soon .

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My granddaughter had a fantastic birthday party here last week, the children enjoyed over an hour of play time which included free unlimited use of the carousel ride and dodgems, as well as plenty of time to explore the frame! Our party host Tamara was excellent with the little ones, very welcoming and helpful which was much appreciated as this was our first time coming to Gambado. We'll certainly be booking another party here next year and would thoroughly recommend it- there is something for everyone to enjoy!

1  Thank Andrea G

Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback to us in regards to your child's birthday party . Its great to hear you had such a great time !

See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I recently returned to this attraction after visiting last October. The first time I visited I found the place to be not very welcoming and a tad run down. However I returned this past week to an amazingly bright centre with such wonderful staff. I look after my grandchildren on a regular basis and find I run out of places to take them so once again thought I would give Gambados a go! WOW what a difference, firstly I came into the reception area and noticed how much brighter it was. I was greeted by a lovely teenage girl with braces (didn't get her name) but she took five minutes talking to my child which he loved. She even gave him a sticker before we had paid any money!! She very efficiently found our membership in her computer and let us in. We went and sat in the café area and I felt safe for my 3 year old Grandson to run off and play whilst I sat and enjoyed a cup of tea and slice of very nice cake which I purchased from the café. I found it a little expensive but the nice lady serving me made up for that. I asked her if I could see the manager to which she duly went out the back and found him. His name was Michael and he took a good 15 minutes to sit at my table and listen to everything I had to say about the improvements. He was very interested in my feedback and even discussed and informed me about some birthday parties that I might wish to purchase for my Grandson. He then informed me about a membership which I have decided to take out which gives me access to the centre when I went. What a great place with warm welcoming staff who actually care about opinions of the public. Michael even approached me afterwards to thank me for my feedback and offered to refill my tea for free. I then didn't even have to move as a very nice man then brought me over a fresh cup of tea. So nice to find such brilliant customer service in an era where pople tend to be in too much of a hurry to listen to people.

Sarah, Its great to here you had such a positive experience at our centre ! Are management team are passionate about delivering excellent customer service , we are so delighted you were happy with your visit . We hope to see you again soon .