“The Dogs”

Croydon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Dogs”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Just had the most spectacular meal at this fantastic curry house. Absolutely outstanding service with great attentiveness shown to my family over every detail. For presentation, portion size, cleanliness, and depth of flavour alone I would rate 5 out of 5 but for pure service this curry house gets top marks, what a wonderful night out. The chefs recommendations were greatly appreciated and were just as good as described! Can't fault at all. Won't be going anywhere else for a while...
Love the winnys x

1 Thank MiyaGeorginaJoi

London, United Kingdom
“Firm Favourite”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

my female friends and i love it here, we go here when its one of our birthdays and spend a few hours enjoying the popadoms & dips, and mains ( we all have our favourites but i try to taste something different frequently) their peshawri naan is awesome! been going here for years and years and never been disappointed. great staff. great service and great food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Julie D
London
“Is it really this good? Oh yes!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I saw that all 5 reviewers on this site had given Taste of India very high marks, so I was keen to try it out for myself. It is a medium-sized restaurant, with agreeable decor and music playing not too loudly. Service was polite and prompt, and also friendly. My favourite curry house starter is Fish Tikka/Kebab, and as Taste of India have it on the menu, I chose it immediately. It was probably the second best I've ever had - Spice Society round the corner have an even better offering (IMHO) but this was really good. Two pieces of very nice fish with (and here's where it differed from all the others I've had) grilled tomato and pepper along with the more usual onion and salad. This is a really good way of serving a fish starter. For the mains I had the Duck Jalfrezi. I've never had duck curry before, but I wasn't disappointed. The sauce was suitably spicy and delicious, but crucially you could still taste the duck - excellent. With it I had aubergine (easily enough for two) and special rice. This was excellent food and at a very reasonable price indeed. This corner in Elmers End has several very good restaurants - I suspect they have to be in order to survive against the competition next door. Taste of India is well worth a visit.

• Visited February 2014
emrahpiro
“AMAZING!! 10/10”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Me and my fiance visited Taste of India for a Valentines meal.. Where do I start? From the quality and taste of food to staff to service to hygiene to everything was just spot on!! The staff are very warm, welcoming and friendly! The food- Well all I can say is it was Indian I've ever had! I highly recommend this place and rate it 10/10 just becuase everything was perfect!!!

• Visited February 2014
Crystal Palace,London
“Fantastic Indian with Magnificent prawns”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We frequently visit for great value Sunday buffet, one of the few my brother in law will eat at!
Very clean, nicely lit and the food is delicious and never too oily.
Tried it one evening when Chef's special was King Prawn Sagra - magnificent, proper huge prawns in delicious sauce beautifully presented. All the food was tasty fresh and good value too.
Waiters pleasant, as attentive as you wish them to be, and overall contributed to a lovely evening out. Both my companions felt the same. Must go again soon.

• Visited January 2014