“Average high street curry house”

Beckenham Curry Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Beckenham Curry Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Beckenham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This festive season I am getting an opportunity to dine almost everyday after my long trip to India, Srilanka and Nepal. My friend treated me at Beckenham Curry Club last week. Had prawn as a starter which was slightly overcooked and marination was not unique but tasted okay. I did not find good choice of real Indian curry in the menu. Once you visit India you would feel what the real curry should be. I was not happy with the name of the curry listed in the menu and to avoid the risk decided to go for tandoori lamb which again over cooked and little chewy like average high street tandoori restaurant.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic little restaurant. It has the feel of fine dining, but with all of your local curry house favourites. The place itself is immaculate, the service is excellent and the food divine. Very good value for money. A must if you are in local area!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have been looking around a for a really good Indian restaurant for a little while now and have found it! The menu is fresh with a few twists to the "standard Indian Fare,the House Specials seem interestingand varied"-recommended the House Lamb curry-its spicy but well balanced-one word though the portions are HUGE! so bring the comfy trousers-the side-dishes are a meal in themselves or order 1 between 2!-my partner has the "mixed grill"-well-spiced,well-presented and hanging off the plate! Service was very good though as we were the only ones there cant comment on a busier night-really appreciated the offer of a free drink as it was our first visit To sum up-we appear to have found our new local Indian restaurant-will be back soon

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We moved to the BCC after the owner of the old Viceroy, which we patronised for many happy years, called at our door to say he had relocated. We have now been quite a few times. I am very surprised at the review which said that the food was slow in coming and not good when it arrived. We have been delighted on every occasion with both the friendly and helpful service and the flavoursome food. It is always prepared exactly as requested, from extra mild to vindaloo and beyond, and is very reasonably priced. My husband says the lamb vindaloo is consistently the best he has ever tasted, and believe me he has tasted thousands. There are several competitors close by, but we are pleased to note that the BCC is steadily increasing its trade, and deservedly so.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

After a long day we decided to order a curr, an hour and 15 min later we were still waiting. When our good did finally materialise it was cold and not very well flavoured. I don't think we'll be going back!

1  Thank N100KDW