“Pizza Express, V Good as Expected”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pizza Express - Beckenham
Ranked #70 of 103 Restaurants in Beckenham
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Beckenham offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
London, United Kingdom
“Pizza Express, V Good as Expected”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have eaten at the Beckenham branch many times and the food is consistently good, when they are very busy the service suffers. It is quite a busy and large restaurant, so why they don't have enough staff on is any body's guess. We will go there again but maybe complain to the manager if we experience the same, my little boy loves the doe balls, boycotting them is an option but that means going to West Wickham or Bromley. I hope they read these reviews.

• Visited August 2012

Dubai
“LOUSY service”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I went to Pizza Express with my 2 teens at 4 pm, the place was almost empty but the service was appalling. We were seated quickly and were asked about our drinks, and I ordered a bottle of water to start and said that we would choose our drinks in a minute. A waitress came over to take our order, she barely made eye contact and was busy checking her phone messages. Then she came back with our pizzas, dumped them down with a pizza cutter and that was it. I struggled to slice the pizza as I have arthritis, but I could not see a waitress to get their attention. Nobody came back to our table to get our drink order. Then all of a sudden she appeared and whisked our plates away without asking if we were done, and gave us a dessert menu, which I declined. I waited and waited, but nobody came, so I got up and walked across the restaurant and asked her for my bill……..SUCH POOR SERVICE…..and expensive food too, this place need to vet their staff more thoroughly, I guess they don't care, but I won't go there again.

• Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Couldn't be bothered”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Sunday lunch time in Beckenham, my son's wanted to go Pizza Express, and when we arrived I thought it’s surprising to find the place with so many empty tables.
We were seated immediately and that was it till I had to go and find our waiter and tell him we were ready order (The restaurant was not busy!), once we ordered two of our meals arrived quickly but we had to wait for the third which was COLD. I complained he apologised while looking out the window of the restaurant. I paid and left.
Once I got home as is my way I got angry and sent Pizza Express an email stating what happened a couple of days later I got a reply saying they were looking into it. A week later the Beckenham Manager Phoned me having no information of my complaint, so I went through the whole thing again for her because they couldn’t be bothered to forward my original email. To which she said she was sorry and offered me a free pizza.
The upshot of this is that when my boys ask for grossly overpriced cheese and bread they get a very firm no, there lots of restaurant chains in Beckenham all of whom offer better service so we go to them!

• Visited June 2011