“Lively loud buzzing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Halibut was very dry and over cooked along with grey sauté pots also sirloin was well done instead of med rare but did replace but alas my fish was still very dry to me I found this place very lively but lacking cooking skills also my king scallops were very gritty x

3  Thank Kim F
Irene B, Owner at Pierluigi's, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

After reading your comments, Pierluigis certainly is not lacking in cooking skills!

On busy evenings everything has to be well coordinated.
The waiter called for your meals and at that moment you all left the table to go out to smoke (as you did several times throughout the evening) and the food had to be sent back.

Our fresh scallops are one of our most popular dishes and they are definitely not gritty.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Excellent find in Beckenham.
Sunny Sunday, & this is one of the few places in town with outside seats, albeit may not have the best views.

Service is good & the waiter was happy to advise on recommendations.
Food was really good. Portions were ample. They offer gluten free pasta - not advertised but when asked they were happy to oblige.

Fairly priced & so much nicer than the average chain!

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I found this place to be an over priced version of the chain zizzis with slightly better food. The service was great and I love the feel just shame about the menu!!

2  Thank James19841
Irene B, Owner at Pierluigi's, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Reading your comments I am pleased you noticed the standard of our service within a nice enviroment.
With respect, I feel we cannot be compared to any chain restaurants, as our food is freshly made on the premises, prepared daily with fresh produce delivered daily NOT brought in frozen from a depot! I would like to point that out!
Our food is about quality, our chefs professional, qualified from 'La Scuola Alberghiera'
We work hard at keeping our standards high.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Some of the things I've read on here about over priced food and wine are simply ridiculous. If you cant afford to wine and dine in nice places go to macdonalds dont complaine. As for service and feeling comfortable and welcome no where touches this place and will forever be a favourite of mine. Thanks for exceptional food,freindship and service.

Irene B, Owner at Pierluigi's, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

For us this is the best restaurant in Beckenham, the service and food is amazing, their seafood platter is beautiful, if we could afford to dine out every week this is where we would go.

Irene B, Owner at Pierluigi's, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments.
Kind regards