“Eating out locally - Beckenham”
Review of Prezzo - Beckenham

Prezzo - Beckenham
Ranked #44 of 107 Restaurants in Beckenham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

On a wet Saturday afternoon I visited Prezzos on the strength of being told that there was a 'gluten' free menu. The restuarant was not full, it is full of natural light and fairly spacious, popular with families it woud seem.

When asked for the gluten free menu we were presented with a well laid out and detailed file of the gluten free options. The only problem was that this chain had not gone out of its way to include gluten free meal choices it simply pointed out those foods which did not include gluten. which to be fair we could have figured out for ourselves. There was no gluten free pizza - but there was gluten free pasta. At which point we started giggling, I ordered 'pork belly and vegetables' and my friend ordered a pizza. We had intended to share a pizza, all of which would have been OK, but this was our second visist in as many weeks and we chose to return becasue the previous week's waiter seemed to be saying that they did do gluten free pizza - may be we just misunderstood.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

There is a very good reason why on a rainy Sunday afternoon you will find Zizzi Beckenham completely full and Prezzo only a quarter to half full.

My chicken Mariano (£10) came but I struggled to find the chicken amongst the pasta. My six tiny pieces of chicken amounted to approximately half a chicken breast. Worse I wasn't asked during the meal if things were ok so the meal was sent back to the kitchen but too late to be able to rectify it and enjoy a meal with family. At this point the waitress insisted pointing out that the six pieces of chicken were inline with portion sizes, but after the manager had come over she then back-tracked and said she wasn't sure what had happened and did I want another with more chicken. Nope!

My children's mains comprised just two chicken drumsticks, which went down well but was followed by two hungry voices asking if they could have more. My wife's risotto was OK.

Three of the four of us came home and sat down to a proper meal.

If you're considering going for a meal at Prezzo Beckenham, I strongly recommend that you don't bother. Stay home or go somewhere else. We wouldn't have gone to Prezzo is Zizzi hadn't been fully booked and I regret not going with my wife's fallback suggestion that we go to Pizza Express. Never again will I go to Prezzo

1  Thank GiveMeFive
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food in this chain restaurant is distinctly average and tastes as if it is just reheated in a microwave. The calamari was the worst I have ever had being very dry and rubbery with virtually no taste and the crab cakes were incredibly salty. Staff were ok but had to be asked for drinks and our pre booked table for 6 was only set for five when we arrived. However my partner enjoyed his burger.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The food here is ok, it doesn't amaze or disappoint. A bit overpriced if your paying the menu price, but if you use your tesco vouchers it's fine. The pizzas are pretty good though and well worth a try, meat zilli is my favourite there.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a lovely meal on Saturday with my close friend. We hadn't seen each other for a long time and had just left Zizzi's following being unable to get seated (thanks to being completely ignored at the front door by all staff)

We were sat at Prezzo within 30 seconds of walking in. The atmosphere was lovely and the table layout meant that we weren't sharing our conversation with the table next to us (like some other restaurant chains do!)

Waitresses were all very friendly (although one clumsy lady kept dropping a bag of bottles which was noisey to say the least but, it was late and not really an issue)

I had a goats cheese with caramelised onion, balsamic glaze on flatbread which was DELICIOUS!! so amazing. nice generous portion of fluffy cheese, good amount of onion and glaze was gorgeous.
I had a pepperoni, chicken and thyme pizza. Was nice, except I forgot I didnt really like pepperoni and the rosemary got a bit too perfumey after a while, but was a good pizza though.

The menu all looked delicious and I was so hungry I struggled to choose.
We also shared a Prosecco which was £20 so good value and a pudding shared too - honeyomb smash - it was smashing!

a lovely evening and will happily go there again - especially on a weekday with my tastecard!!