Goodwood Hotel
$41
Agoda.com
$97
$83
Premier Inn London Tottenham Hale(London)(Great Value!)
$64
$70
$66
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbreakfast was freshly cookedfull english breakfastclose to the train stationbreakfast was includedcomfortable bedtea and coffee making facilitiesnice stayhigh streetstayed for nightsbromleykeyprivacy
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We left booking a London hotel till the last minute, and as it was a bank holiday we had little choice in the area we needed to stay in without paying thro the nose.
Well, the old saying 'you get what you pay for' certainly rings true here!
On arrival the outside of the building looks impressive and imposing which is typical of those big houses.....we love that tho.
The lady who greeted us was not particularly friendly, so first impressions were not good.
Latest check in is advertised as being quite late and we were well within that, but we felt as though we had inconvenienced her.
Our room what outside, underneath the main house in what we assume would have been cellars.
On first glance, it seemed ok.
However, on closer inspection.............
The bed linen was not ironed but looked fresh, and there were what looked like old tea stains on the duvet covers.
The wardrobe was in an obscure place and was unstable!
The loo was in a little doorless cubbyhole thing inside the shower room.......it was clean tho.
The room was tidy but needed decorating and cleaning....it looked as though it hadn't been used for a few weeks.
Whoever was in the room above sounded like a heard of elephants!
In the morning, the lady of the house greeted us with a smile on her face.....maybe she'd had a bad day the day before. But her husband and son, both of whom you had to walk past to get to the dining room, offered no greeting as we walked by.
Husband turned out to be the chef.......talkative, albeit a bit brusque, when taking our orders.
The lady was becoming more friendly as the morning progressed.
The omelettes were amazing tho :-)
No fresh fruit or yoghurt option.
So, all in all, not an experience we would want to repeat.

Room Tip: Ask to be accommodated in the main house. Whilst we have no experience, they may be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I live some distance from the London Area, and was supposed to be attending a 50th party Sat 6th July after searching the internet for accommodation , I thought the Goodwood would be fine, so booked it in the middle of June 2013 and received confirmation of the booking

However yesterday, I received a phone call from the owner , who told me someone had now decided to stay on extra days, so our room was no longer available, but couldnt guarantee another hotel or offer any compensation for the incovenience

Obviously this has caused me an issue, hassle and a disappointment, she said she'd try to suggest some alternative hotel - which she did today, which is nearly another 10 miles away from the venue , which was unacceptable.

I really just wanted to put this on just as a warning that you might book but not neccessarily will have your booking honoured

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jacko2310
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Tried this hotel primarily because of its location, we needed to be close to a friend's party and there isn't a lot of choice in this location. This is (relatively speaking) a cheaper hotel and I wasn't expecting much. The initial signs were not reassuring, we had to ring to get in through the door and the reception is really a small office. Our room was downstairs and right next to the kitchen/breakfast room which I thought would prove noisy.
However, the room was a reasonable size and faced straight out onto a neat lawned back garden, everything was clean and tidy and worked. The bed was a standard double but quite comfortable. The room was very quiet and we slept well, one could open windows and get some fresh air. The Wi-Fi was fine. Breakfast was freshly cooked for each individual and was very good, much better than the standard hotel dried out buffet, cereal choice was limited but there was as much toast as you could eat, good coffee too.
The initial welcome did not work well but I think this was mainly a language issue, the lady running it was in fact v friendly and helpful as were the small number of staff.
So I would like to rate this as "good" rather than "average" or "very good". It is not a Hilton and is really a B&B but we would use this place again, it served its purpose perfectly well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ljrNLincs
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the Goodwood recently and was very plesantly surprised. I read some of the reviews and was thinking "what have I done?" but as I was only staying one night I took the risk. I am really glad I did, the staff were very welcoming and we arrived slightly early but there was no problem in finding us a room, which was fantastic as we were going to a wedding reception.. We had the family room, No. 4 which has a lovely aspect and was clean and a good size. Plenty of towels, tea and coffee making facilities. My only minor complaint was it was very difficult to fill up the kettle in the bathroom sink due to the sink design and it being a normal sized kettle. The beds were extremely comfortable. Breakfast was also very good in the clean dining/kitchen area in the basement. It had a really friendly atmosphere. I would recommend staying here if you are visiting the area. The room was warm and I opened the door/window which was pleasant but could be noisy at certain times e.g. rush hour although the hotel is back from the road. I guess it depends on what you are use to.

Room Tip: I only saw the rooms on the 1st floor which I believe are Rooms 1-4, they all looked really clean and fresh
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013

book before reading some review on trip advisor!! was a bit concerne about it!
had 2 familly room for my brothers and they where very happy with the room and service provided.
i can recomande this hotel without hesitation
Maybe just a bit noisy from the other room on one ocation but you cant control what happen next door!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family