“An outstanding restaurant!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have been a regular visitor at the Darjeeling since the late 1990's. It is without doubt my favourite restaurant in the world!
I have never had a bad meal or poor service there. EVER!
The variety and quality of food is superb with freshly cooked meat and vegetables (unlike many restaurants who choose to simply re-heat the food) and a wonderful mix of spices.
The service always comes with a smile and nothing is too much trouble for the staff who clearly have a huge passion for their food and the restaurant.

I have recommended this marvellous restaurant to many people over the years and they have all said great things.

The restaurant has recently agreed to give a 20% discount to Armed Forces personnel and Veterans between Sunday-Thursday evenings if you pre-book. BRILLIANT support!!

I took my children to the Darjeeling at a very young age and we were a little worried about introducing them to the world of spicy Indian and Nepalese cuisine however, the friendliness of the staff and the huge choice of food won them over in a few minutes and they now would rather go to the Darjeeling than anywhere else. My youngest daughter (10) even wants to take some friends there for her birthday!

1  Thank Danny G

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love this restaurent and we should use it more often. I booked a table for 34 people last Friday evening as an aftershow party from the local theatre. We had people who had eaten there before plus some newbies and everyone said how nice their food is. This is a bi-annual event for us.

As a group & being a late evening booking, they only offer a set menu - but it is delicious. We had poppadums, a platter of mixed starters each followed by a selection of 5 curries including a sizzling Shashlik chicken dish, a lamb dish, 2 different naan breads, rice & a vegetable dish. There was plently of food - we couldn't finish it all! All this for £17.50 pp plus drinks. Including our food, drinks & a tip we paid £25 pp.

Their service was a little slow as they already had a busy restaurent before we arrived, but this didn't detract from our fun. We had 2 vegetarians who were catered for very well plus a late announcment that someone required a Gluten-Free meal & this was dealt with quickly with no fuss.

They have 'air con' which is most welcome! a bar to wait at....friendly staff, delicious food - what else do you need?

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend the Sunday buffet to anyone who enjoys good Indian cuisine. There is an excellent array of various currys and side dishes, which are fantastically prepared. Excellent mix as well of meat and vegetarian options. You can eat as much as you like and the staff constantly replace the dishes keeping everything warm, fresh and available. Price is great value at only £8.95 a person. If you enjoy great quality food, at an excellent price with great service, then go along and try here for Sunday lunch. Another big bonus of the buffet is that you get try lots of different dishes in one visit.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Me and 3 of my friends came to dine here and I must say the experience was exceptional. The service was outstanding and the waiters were very friendly and always alert. the food came to our table a little late but it was definately worth waiting for. it was one of the best curries i ever had. I had ordered the Chicken Jalfrezi (i love hot foods) and it was one of the most unique and best i've ever had.

i'd definately recommend eating here as a group of friends or even families as the atmosphere and service was excellent.

however i advise to book a table in advance as they are quite busy at times. We had to wait for a while to get a table.

1  Thank 644peterm
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Very friendly service, and good - if not outstanding - food. Service can be a little slow during busy times. Traditional decor, but has got air conditioning (needed as its quite cramped)
Tried lemon rice that they do, really delicious and their Nan breads are some of the best in the area.
Would definitely recommend for good Indian food at mid-top range price

2  Thank londonlady2