“Great spicy fried shrimp”

Temporary Cal's Cantina
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Temporary Cal's Cantina is a uniquely constructed restaurant perched high above the hilly jungle of Roatan's south shore. Endless views of the Caribbean Sea spread out before you while fresh tradewinds keep you cool. Our restaurant boasts exceptional and affordable island cuisine prepared by award winning chef/owner Carl Husbands. Don't miss Temporary Cal's Cantina when dining out on Roatan. Hours 10 a.M. - 8 P.M., Tuesday - Friday. No credit cards.
Dallas, Texas
“Great spicy fried shrimp”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is an excellent restaurant beside the road as you drive east along Roatan. The conch was excellent as was the spicy fried shrimp. It has a great view. Why does this great restaurant not show up when I look for Roatan restaurants? It seems unfair that you have to know exactly where this restaurant is (First Bight) before you can find it on Tripadvisor. It does not even show up on the Roatan map.

Regina, Canada
“One of Roatan's best!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This restaurant quickly became my favorite on the island. The view is amazing and the food is even better. I've tried quite a few of the items on the menu and all were delicious. The only downside for some people is that it's a bit of a drive from the west end of the island, but it's definitely worth it.

Hamilton, Canada
“Wonderful lunch at Cal's”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were staying at West Beach and one of the employees arranged a private tour and also recommended Cal's for lunch. We were not disappointed. The location alone was amazing, set amongst a hill with amazing scenery. We were told about the appetizers there. My husband and I shared two appetizers (lobster and shrimp) and they were plentiful and delicious. We treated our tour guide to lunch and she had a fish taco and it looked pretty darn good. The service was quick and we were on our way. Highly recommend it!

Plattsville, Ont
“worth the cab fare”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were staying at Media Luna and had to pay $30.00 for a cab to go to Cal's, but wow was it worth it. We started with garlic bread which is like I have never tasted. Fantastic. I ordered the lobster scampi and could not believe how much came on my plate. Just the right amount of butter and garlic and once again fantastic. My husband ordered wings and I thought he was crazy but once again they were like nothing we get at home. I had to try one just to make sure they were that good and yes they were. We both had a drink and the total was $40.00.
Now let's talk about the view. It is spectacular. Would have gone back if it was not for the cab fare.

Montreal, Canada
“No doubt, the best stop while travelling to the east-end of Roatan!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Best schimps and Ceasar salad, almost like home - well for the Ceasar anyway.
Best view EVER - I am not kidding! Check it out! Beware: open from Tuesday to Friday only (way to go Cal- thats fabulous, good for you!)