“Temporary Cal's Cantina Roatan.”

Temporary Cal's Cantina
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Temporary Cal's Cantina is a uniquely constructed restaurant perched high above the hilly jungle of Roatan's south shore. Endless views of the Caribbean Sea spread out before you while fresh tradewinds keep you cool. Our restaurant boasts exceptional and affordable island cuisine prepared by award winning chef/owner Carl Husbands. Don't miss Temporary Cal's Cantina when dining out on Roatan. Hours 10 a.M. - 8 P.M., NOTE SUMMER HOURS: August & September Only: Wednesday-Thursday - Friday. No credit cards.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went to Cal's last evening with friends. Had the Lobster & Corn Fritters & Spicy Chicken Wings as an appetizer. The combination of the lobster & corn was delicious. The wings were big & spicy enough. Our friends had the Grouper Nuggets & Churasco Steak, which they've had before & were again happy with their choices. Whatever Carl cooks is very good & the beer is always super-cold. We'll miss going when Carl closes for vacation at the end of the month.

1  Thank Martin B
There are newer reviews for Temporary Cal's Cantina

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great food! Beautiful presentation. Very reasonable prices.
We have lived on the island for 6 years and somehow this is the first time we stopped at Cal's, based on recommendations by our friends.
Don't miss this place!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We came to Roatan on a cruise and rented a car to travel the island. We were told we had to stop by Cal's Cantina and boy aren't we glad we did! It was an incredible experience! The food was fresh and delicious and the staff was so wonderful. The best part was, it was not overwhelmed by tourists. In fact most of our cruisers had gone to the other side of the island for the beaches. The view was so relaxing and so was the comfort of the restaurant. It was all open air and the breeze was perfect. It was very romantic for my husband and I to sit on the patio overlooking the entire bay. We had the cajun shrimp and grouper fish tacos and were very pleased! If we can ever come back to Roatan for Cal's we will in a heartbeat!

1  Thank Jacklyn W
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stopped at Temporary Cal's for lunch on our tour of the island with Channin Bodden. My husband and I ordered fish tacos and spicy chicken wings. The tacos were good, but not quite what I expected in the way of a taco. But the spicy chicken wings were really delicious. I could eat those every day and not get tired of them! The circular building is unique, the view is great, and the breeze made the dining experience very comfortable. If we are ever out this way again, I will definitely go back.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I ate at Cals 3 times on my one week trip to roatan! I am a total foodie and this place is awesome. Fresh seafood, great atmosphere and crazy good value. if you go to Roatan, and don't go to Cals, you're missing out!

1  Thank etownfoodmonster