I just returned from a week in Roatan and discovered a few great spots that make this island a must see for water worshipers. The diving and snorkeling on the island are unparalleled. The amount of sea life that even the most amateur snorkeler or diver can enjoy just steps into the water is phenomenal.
You can enjoy great reef diving, ship wreck and even a DC3 that crashed next to a sunken ship. If your looking for a dive trip that will blow your mind with an abundance of sea life from sea horses to eels to sharks this is a place where you can really do it on a budget.
Parrot tree is located in the center of the island and offers great amenities with an almost zero crowd. Many of the larger resort and crowds are located on the West End or in the West Bay which will take you about 20 minutes by car. The hotel offers a very nice kitchenette with all of the modern appliances. Its like having a resort all to yourself. The island is full of ex pats from all over the world who have chosen this island to retire. The cost of living or visiting this island is very low (approx $22 a days the average income for the locals).
The hotel is about 8 years old and built to withstand a hurricane. They really didn't hold back on spending money for the finishes in the hotel (very well built).
Best excursion besides diving is spending the day at frenchys 44 key. This is a mix of gilligans island but will a unique twist, a animal rescue park. The owners who relocated from southern California have created a wild animal park on this tiny island and dedicated the island to saving animals that have been injured or from traveling circuses. Some of the animals they have saved include a Lion, Jaguars, white face monkeys, Python, Tucans as well as many others. This is a must see when in Roatan. The island itself offers an abundance of activities and probably the best cove on all of Roatan for relaxing and swimming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parrot Tree's Beach Resort features ultra-luxury villas, peaceful and relaxed. Tucked into our lush tropical landscape you'll find sumptuous comfort... An enticing invitation to beachfront living with elegant furnishings, lavish linens and spacious bathrooms. Snorkel or Scuba dive just off shore to experience some of the most beautiful aquatic life in the Caribbean. On property you could visit the state of the art Global Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (GARM) laboratory and clinic. Specializing in clinical trials, orthopedics, pain management and cancer treatments a visit to the GARM Clinic could change your life for the better ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Parrot Tree Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Tree Plantation Hotel First Bight
- Parrot Tree Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands