“Day Pass to Parrot Tree”

Parrot Tree Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in First Bight
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent the day here during one of our port stops on our NCL cruise Jan 2013. While we did not use the hotel part,we loved the private beach and swimming pool. The beach was very clean and not all rocky, us don't need water shoes at all. The tables with the thatch(?) umbrellas were clean and in great condition as well as the bar and restrooms. Although it takes a couple times to get used to not flushing the tissue but throwing it away instead. The swimming pool is amazing and the different levels are cool. There is a water slide at the shallowest end. I do wish it was a little deeper as you can only really wade not swim. Still, amazing. The staff were all VERY nice and polite and would come around regularly to see if we needed anything. If I were to do a land vacation ( I am ADDICTED to cruises) I would love to stay here for a week or so.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kiasmom
Lindell B, Manager at Parrot Tree Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stop here at our resort, and if you decide to to a Land trip we hope you visit our hotel. Have a great day.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We did not stay at Parrot Tree, but at a house on First Bight. We made Parrot Tree our local watering hole for the week. We ended up there on a Friday Night for Karaoke. A ton of older locals mostly, but a really great time. The DJ had almost anything you could imagine. We sang, mostly to liven up the night. The locals (read retirees) sang mostly older slower crooners. Beautiful, but not too lively for a Friday night. The CocoLoco's were great, but be careful!
We ended up back to enjoy the lagoon as well. The pool looked very inviting as well.
One night we did have a fish dinner to split. We had to send it back because the fish was raw in the middle, but they fixed it without problem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your email, Friday nights are our Karaoke night and we do have the ex pats that spend a few hours with us and enjoy sing getting away from the daily routine. glad you enjoy our Palapa and the hotel. have a great day.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

If you're looking for quiet on Roatan, this is the place for you. There are no other hotels around and Parrot Tree has a lot of land.

The rooms are superb. They are still working on getting internet hooked up in buildings 9 and 10. But, wow- the bathrooms and bedrooms are terrific. Great appliances, great balconies, great fixtures in the bathrooms. Very well done.

The beach is not terrific. It's a lagoon with hard sand which looks nice but is not in the same league as West Bay. Don't get me wrong: it's not bad -- it's just not the best on the island. The resort is on the windward side of the island, so the sea is rough outside the lagoon.

The pool is very very nice. Has a slide... has different areas... different depths.

The woman who runs the place is great. She's on-top of everything you need.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Lindell B, Manager at Parrot Tree Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best in providing the best service we can to our clientele, yes the beach may not be as great as West Bay, but we do offer tranquility on our lagoon. And we can always get you to the other side of the island so you can enjoy the beauty of the beach on West Bay.
We do hope you visit us again and promise to get you to West Bay for a swim. :)

Regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

What can I say....my travel agent suggested the Parrot Tree resort as she had other customers who had stayed there and loved it. The place is beautiful...clean and welcoming. The rooms were gorgeous. Fully equipped with stainless appliances and all the necessities to cook a meal if you were so inclined. Cupboards mahogany and counters were marble. We had a jacuzzi in our room and a shower big enough for two. The grounds were beautifully kept, the pool beautiful and huge. Lounge chairs and beds all around it. The beach clean and raked. The Palapa resturant quite nice. The manager of the resort, Lindell was a pleasure to deal with and all of the staff in the office and the restaurants pleasant and attentive. When the cruise ships came in and we had visiters to the hotel the beach area became quite busy. This is the only time I experienced a slower service. The servers did appologize for that. Was not their fault just not enough staff at that time. The Sea Legs is a sport rental place there snorkels, kayaks etc. Staffed with very nice people. The only complaint that I have of the resort is that the flavour and the quality of the food was not consistant. Sometimes it was more salty than I prefer. Still good just not what I had started to expect. The cervice (fish soup) fantastic. I took too much sun one day and got dehydrated and felt ill. I asked John a food server in the Palapa if I could just have some rice and vegetables for dinner. When my husband was down in the Palapa he was given a take out container with just that and he was able to bring it to our room. The resort was just what I wanted quiet and out of the way. Scuba divers would have to book a trip so as to get to the better dive places. I highly recommend the Parrot Tree. You get way more than what you pay for and you leave there feeling like you have an extended family. Thank you all. Linda room 605 Christmas 2012

Room Tip: Top floor if you can handle about 12-15 stairs and building 5 or 6 the view is better and you are no...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tippy1234

On behalf of my staff we do thank you for your post and your recommendations, as you know here on the island we do eat a little more salt and species. We are looking into making sure that all our cooks tries to keep up with the same flavor.
thank you so much and hope you continue recommending this wonderful hotel and hope you visit us again.

Regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We ended up for lunch at the beautiful Parrot Tree during our stay on Roatan. The place is amazing, but we were ill treated for lunch. We ordered nothing fancy, a club sandwich and fish fingers. An hour passed and we were still waiting for our drinks,so we called our waiter to gently ask the status of our order. Nothing changed so I stood and went to the bar to pick up the drink myself. So far no big deal, but of our lunch not a sign. Asking again we were told to wait and if not to cancel the order. We sat again and after another 10 minutes we just left. If your not a guest of the resort better not to go as the staff don t take you in consideration....!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ennio Z
Lindell B, Manager at Parrot Tree Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Good Afternoon, i do apologize for the inconvenience, you had at our resort, we normally try to give the best service possible to all our guest that visit our hotel, if it's just for a few hours of a few days. I had address this situation to my staff and asked for an explanation, they did apologize about the situation and promise to do the best they can, if you ever do come back to the island please don't let this moment ruin your wonderful trip to the island of Roatan. And we will do our best to make the service better for anyone that stays or visit for the day.
And thank you for posting this or I would have never known of the situation and this helps me to make sure my staff learns from this and tries to upgrade their performance.
Have a wonderful week end.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were on Roatan on Oceania's Riveria, and went snorkeling in the French Harbor area. After that, we ended up at lunch at the Parrott Tree. WHAT A DELIGHT!!! The place is stunningly georgous. Wife and I are SERIOUSLY considering a trip BACK to Roatan to stay AT Parrott for a week. Food was great. The grounds were impeccable. Staff wonderful. And MOST OF ALL, it is open to the locals. I think that when locals can come and lunch there too, it helps prevent an "us vs. them" mentality that causes instability. Roatan is a gem in the caribbean, and Parrot Tree is a great destination.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan_and_Michele

Thank you for taking your time to express your experience of your vacation with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy 2013!!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I recently stayed at Parrot Tree, a placed I had visited and loved during other trips. This is the first time I stay in one of their suites, and I was totally taken by surprise by the level of luxury inside each of the suites. All their rooms are configured identically, with a full kitchen, marble counter tops, huge bed, and sofa bed, mahogany cabinets, and luxury appliances. I had seen some of this quality in Roatan before, but at Parrot Tree it is taken at whole other level! Exquisite! Yet more affordable than other resorts in West End. Totally reccommend this resort.

Room Tip: All rooms are configured as a one bedroom suite. For parties of more than 3 people they reccommend a...
Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Lpoujol

Thank you for your review, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do try to give the best service possible. Have a great day and hope to have you visit our resort again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near First Bight
#4 of 9 in West End
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Parrot Tree Beach Resort? Share your experiences!