See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2016

I stayed at Nelijärve recently for several days. The carpet in my room was unclean, the toilet in my bathroom was smelling badly, and the shower curtain was very dirty in the lower part.
The hostel staff was rude and unpleasant, especially the ones who worked at the restaurant. You'd better don't ask any special service, because you will get cross faces and irritated attitude.

Room tip: Ask for the room with a view towards the lake.
Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed August 27, 2016

I was here for some days during the World Championship held here in august 2016. We came by bus, and got checked in fast and effectively. My room was facing the little see, and outside was very quiet. But there could have been a lift. It's four floors in the hostel.
But the bed is among the worst I have ever tried to sleep on. Hard as rock, and springs that pokes up and hurt my back. Seems like the top matress was forgotten or not bought
at all.
The food in the pub/restaurant across the plaza was ok. Not outstanding in any way, and not to large menu. But the food tasted good. And the people working there was very helpful and friendly. And as a single man I have to say that the ladies working there was more than normally beautiful. Some of the best and warmest smiles I have ever received on a place like this.
I do not think I will end up at Nelijarvi again, but should so happened, I will bring my own mattress. And have a nice time there.

Room tip: Get a room on the backside. But I don't think the frontside will be much more noisy. No roads close to the place.
Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed July 10, 2016

The place is quiet in nature, close to beautiful lakes and endless forests in a nature park, it is a good starting points for hikes in the wilderness. The food is also delicious and diverse. The hotel is easily reached by public transportation from Tallinn.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2016

Historically a soviet-era sports resort, but now mostly renovated. I just love these old sports bases in natural surroundings that are still keeping a low-end price and offering a cheap stay for weekend biking and skiing trips. Don't expect anything fancy - it's a budget hostel. Rooms are basic but clean and nice. Nature in the Aegviidu area is amazing.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2015

Stayed at the hostel for one night. The room was on the second floor, right next to the staircase door, which was a bit annoyng because people were moving around all the time. Also the floors are creacky. The sound isolation it the rooms is not the best, so I would recommend using earpuds to sleep better. The room itself was clean and cozy,Towels were provided. The balcony is small, but this should not matter much, because there`s much to do outside. You can rent a boat to go on the lake, theres a hiking tracks nearby. Or you can go to sauna, as we did. Used the Järvemaja for it
Overall good place to go for a weekend to relax.

Date of stay: September 2015