Tripadvisor
Sanasana
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews beachfront bure asian menu fiji time sound of the waves pool view welcome song horse ride dirt road coral coast paddle boarding curry pure fiji hired a car local village swim up bar cooked breakfast breakfast was included
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Check in: 6 Devember 2019
Check out: 8 December 2019

Review
1. I love the relaxing, homey and cozy vibe that the resort has. I had to attend a conference at nearby hotel, and every afternoon I looked forward coming back to my room and to the resort to escape work.

2. The staff were professional, friendly and approachable. I've been to many hotels around Fiji but I've never come across hotel staff workers this far that were both down-to-earth, professional and approachable. Being a local guest, they even serenaded us with a song to welcome us to the resort.

3. I do photography work when I'm not working, and I have attached a few pictures of the beach (which is literally a few meters away from your room). It was also so therapeutic for me to hear waves crashing onto the shore: I spent some time journaling on the beach as well.

4. Food: I loved their food selection especially the prawns with ginger stuff, chow mein and desserts!

5. My sisters, who had accompanied me, enjoyed the facilities on the resort and really liked how the pool was clean and empty (they spent several hours there).

Overall rating: 7⭐ rating for Yatule

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank laisabulatale_
GM Yatule R, Manager at Yatule Resort and Spa at Natadola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Bula vinaka

Thank you for your review. I will make sure that the staff are aware of your kind words and pass onto them the praise they deserve.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Near Hotel are 15 horses and owner go with tourist all day along the beach of Yatule. A lot of horse sh.. is at the beach. Also all day jet sky from the neighbor hotel are running along the beach. At night we heared drunken people near the hotel. Many chairs and sun beds are defect. Chairs are very unconftable thatcthe back is hurting. The service is bad as waitres standing at side and have fun with each other but do not come tables. Very often served wrong food even when we have pointed at the menue on the dish. We can' t understand the goid ratings. For us it was not worth the money. The only good thing was the food if they brought the correct ordered dush

Room tip: Best to be on the left side seen from the beach
Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank sutti123

Bula and thank you for your review.

It is disappointing that you did not enjoy your stay. Unfortunately your experience is very different to other guests but we do take reviews seriously and will address the issues raised.

regards
john

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

The resort is right on the beach and is everything you need without being pretentious. Friendly and warm staff who make you feel at home. Choose a beachfront Bure, try the seafood buffet at the intercontinental next door and enjoy some fishing with King Solomon. Perfect if you just want to relax and be on Fiji time.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GM Yatule R, Manager at Yatule Resort and Spa at Natadola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Bula

We are delighted you enjoyed and relaxed with us during your holiday.

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Yatule is simple and to the the point. The beach is wonderful. The rooms clean. The touch of frangipani everywhere, beautiful (thank you housekeeping).
The staff are the heart of this place. A big shout out to sakiusa who looked after us so well. Everything was delivered with a smile. The reception staff are so friendly I ran out of shampoo the day I was leaving and they had it delivered to my room with some extras. It’s the little bit extra they do that just touches your heart. Other hotel I stayed at had been so rude but yatule has been restored my love for Fijian hospitality. I wish yatule all the best and I look forward to going back someday. Food could do with an upgrade and some affordable seafood .

(The walls could do with some soundproofing haha)

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GM Yatule R, Manager at Yatule Resort and Spa at Natadola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Bula and thank you for your review.

Our staff are the heart of the resort and essential to making your stay enjoyable. With a great location at Natadola beach it makes it a great place for them to show our guests the wonderful Fijian happiness that is everywhere.

We are currently looking at soundproofing options to better insulate between rooms.

Reviewed December 25, 2019 via mobile

Yatule is a very simple, small and secluded resort, a bit outdated/old but meets all your basic needs. If you're not fussed on the bells and whistles, don't want anything fancy, just want somewhere to stay in Fiji to relax while near a nice beach then it could work for you! It really depends what you are after.

This place does not feel luxurious at all, nor does it claim to be. So if you're happy with very simple, beachside, family feel, then this place could be for you. If you want something more fancy, try one of the bigger resorts like intercontinental.

Pros:
- Amazing staff. Staff are so welcoming, and was the absolute highlight of the trip. We particularly loved being sang to when we arrived. Security staff are also amazingly friendly and just great too. All the staff deserve a pay rise, the service was just such a highlight and made my stay that much better. They are just so warm. If it wasn't for the staff, I would've raged this 3/5 stars as the resort itself was very 3/5 but the staff was 5/5 so I gave it 4/5
- Close to the beach. Yatule is just a few steps away from the beach, which is nice, and looks secenic in itself minus the horse poo everywhere and hassling locals. The water is sometimes a bit choppy for swimming. So be careful.
- Room meets basic expectations...
- Tandoori kitchen is great. Curries are good. Pastas are average - don't recommend this. Asian was very average Asian food (and expensive) BUT sometimes it was just what we wanted when we got sick of eating the same kind of food everyday!

Room for improvement
- Air con is not great. Prepare to be hot when you are having a rest or trying to sleep. It cools down the chair right in front of it but not the room or bed. :(
- As mentioned, the beach is let down by the amount of horse poop on it. It's hard to find somewhere to lay that isn't near horse poop. It can also be choppy and a lot of seaweed. I know this isn't the resorts fault but the closeness to the beach is a selling point of the resort so felt I should mention. Overall it's still a nice beach though once you find a good spot. I think it is overhyped though as I just heard about how amazing this beach is but the poop everywhere was really off-putting.
- When you are trying to relax, you will be asked if you want to buy a horse ride or massage over and over and over again. Even when you're sleeping, you get asked. The locals are very polite about it but they are just VERY persistent. I do feel for them trying to make money, but it gets a bit annoying after being asked all day everyday over and over again - some of them don't take no for an answer and will ask you multiple times everytime they walk past.
- Food can get a bit repetitive and expensive (but normal for Fiji). It's nice at the start but after a couple days you become desperate for something different. Asian kitchen often closed, but when its open its great to have that change.
- Only complimentary water bottles on day 1 (other resorts provide water daily) then you're on your own so make sure to bring some from a supermarket (get your taxi to stop on the way)
- Broken fly screen so couldn't have that open for the breeze because of mosquitos so just felt so hot inside
- Wifi is expensive and terrible. You have to pay $100 for in room wifi and it barely works. They should make it free because it's so bad!!!

1  Thank hbsc91
GM Yatule R, Manager at Yatule Resort and Spa at Natadola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2019

Bula vinaka

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Yatule is a great little resort on the best beach on the main island....Natadola Beach. If you are after a beachfront resort with a great location, great staff and a relaxed welcoming feeling...then Yatule is a great place top spend a holiday.

Our tandoori kitchen definitely produces some, if not the best tandoori in Fiji. It is Disappointing you did not find the Asian kitchen an enjoyable experience as we get many guests from next door who come for our Asian menu. With 3 different cuisines for a small resort it is surprising you didn't find the variety that is on offer.

We understand your comments regarding the horses and massage bures next to the resort and we endeavour to manage this for our guests. We do collect the horse poo and seaweed and use it in our resort garden. I am not sure when you stayed but like every beach, if there's wind the sea gets choppy. Generally Natadola beach is quite sheltered.

We will take on board your comments regarding the in room wifi. The wifi in the public areas, restaurant, bar & reception is free and we encourage people to sit back and relax from the their devices and truly embrace their holiday.