“Great place for a teambuilding or a party with friends”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zajeci
Vinarstvi U Kaplicky
Ranked #3 of 4 Zajeci B&B and Inns
“Great place for a teambuilding or a party with friends”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I do fully recommend this place. Only one thing what I need to mention is the not really efficiently trained staff (lack of information). For example, you go there, to spend there the weekend, you will arrive on friday night and they inform you, that they have no capacity for you in restaurant. So you need to go by car somewhere else for a dinner. So you really cannot enjoy the profit of vineyards. Please be informed, that you need to make reservation in advance.
The retro disco pub is Great. But please do not be acommodated above the disco. You wont have a sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AldaMisi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed November 12, 2013

it is remarkable place to visit and stay. complex of buildings on the top of a small hill surrounded by wineyards gives you nice view...very friendly personnel in restaurant and reception and wine store helps you with almost everything...great food and wellness make your stay more pleasant and comfortable.must come again...even for the great wine...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dave b
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The pension is quite big one with rooms over the Retro Grill Restaurant/Bar and rooms near the wellness area. We stayed in the room 25 which is on the one end of the whole complex. It was very quiet, but I didn't like the small window that wouldn't let too much air to flow inside. Beds were comfortable but a little bit creaky. Rooms and all the complex was very clean, new and well maintained.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom S
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have visited this venue on more than one occasion, as my brother got married there last year. It is a complex with a winery, restaurant, and a hotel-like facility. The restaurant (Retro Grill) is a short walk from the winery. The food is not cheap but is worth it. One part of the "hotel" is right above the restaurant, supposedly furnished in retro style with photographs of Czech music stars. The winery itself is a perfect location for weddings--there are two large rooms for functions in the wine cellar and guest rooms in the surrounding buildings. The rooms are simple and modest, but comfortable and ours had a small refrigerator. One of the buildings also has two suites downstairs and one upstairs--the suites have 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) . The two suites I saw had a living room, one bedroom with a door, one bathroom, and the second bedroom was separated from the living room with a curtain only.

For the wedding, we arrived a day early and tried to check in. My brother informed me that we were supposed to get a room that would share the entrance with another room reserved for the bride's friend and her husband. When my husband and I arrived, the receptionist seemed very confused and tried to give us the suite next to my brother's. The suites are suitable for families with children but not for two couples that never met before. It took a few phone calls to my brother (which significantly increased his pre-wedding stress level), before they worked it out and gave us a room where we would share an entrance with the other couple, but not a bathroom. People in the restaurant were accommodating and even brought a late night dinner to my brother's room the night before the wedding.

The wedding itself was beautiful, food was good, and the staff that worked it was excellent. We even got a tour of the wine cellar (that included wine tasting) between lunch and dinner. However, the morning after the wedding was a different story. As we were trying to pack and get out in the morning (it was not easy--with my brother's one-year old), the staff was setting up for another wedding and got very impatient and attacked my husband verbally in a belief that he speaks Czech--he doesn't. Then the manager started yelling at me when I tried to explain to him that my husband does not understand him. Overall, I got the impression that as soon as they got their money, they lost any interest in us as guests or customers.

I think Vinarstvi U kaplicticky is a great place for special events, they just need to learn to handle the customer service a little bit better and perhaps get more organized when it comes to accommodation for weddings.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vera L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zajeci
Hotel Galant****
#1 of 3 in Velke Pavlovice
Pura Vida
Pura Vida
#4 of 4 in Zajeci

Been to Vinarstvi U Kaplicky? Share your experiences!