Lowest prices for your stay
$177
Free cancellation until 12/09/21
Hotels.com
$177
Free cancellation until 12/09/21
The Barefoot Eco
$167
Free cancellation until 12/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity$177
Orbitz.com$177
Booking.com$197
All reviews marine biologist diving center fish sea turtles local culture beach towels inhabited island dive shop private beach families and couples an amazing place boat bar breakfast and dinner beachfront room yoga alcohol excursions
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2021 via mobile

The barefoot is a gem to treasure. The gorgeous sea and landscape, welcoming and kind staff, and the flair of a delicate simplicity of nature. I received room upgrade so there’s a positive bias there. However, I hardly spent time in the room at all when there’s so much to do, to view and to savor. Lloyd at the dive shop is a consummate professional who will get you to the bottom of the ocean and back! He will meet you where you are and go over the diving skills and knowledge in a systematic crawl walk run fashion. Even when I generously donated my breakfast and dinner to the fishes, he worked with me, built my confidence, and instilled proficiency. So much so that my sac rate was 12.7 at the end of the course! He will point out to you moray, turtle, shark, and all kinds of marine life during the dive excursions. In fact, if you are patient and has a good eye you can see rays, octopus, etc just by the hotel ocean front!
Sarah did excellent snorkelling excursion and significantly upgraded my Marine life and eco system conservation knowledge. The daily Italian cuisines are splendid unless you are into very spicy meals. I wish there is fish too for breakfast! Pro tip: let Diksan at the hotel take care your flight from and to Male. I used travel agent and regretted it . Also have generous time table for everything especially the covid test

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 365davys
Raffaella Colleoni, General Manager at The Barefoot Eco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2021

Dear Dave,

thank you very much for posting such a great review of your recent stay at The Barefoot Eco Hotel.

It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday with us.

Thanks for recommending Lloyd, the base leader of our diving center and Sara our skilled marine biologist who showed you the marine life and explained our eco concept.

Diksan takes care of the domestic transfers and much more to let our guests enjoy a relaxing and safe journey.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sunny regards from the Maldives,
Raffaella

Reviewed March 22, 2021

It's been a day that I'm back to Europe and I'm already thinking to plan my next trip to the Barefoot... This place brings you to an authentic paradise, which combines a perfect beach, and an excellent food (passion fruit the home made ice cream will remain a while in my mind), to an extraordinary marine wild life (I saw once dolphins at the sunset from the jetty!).
The diving center offers you plenty of excursions, and great diving experiences (from beginners to experience). The team over there is passionate and patient, and I can't thank enough Sara and Llyod for sharing their knowledge about the marine life.
I think that what makes overall this place unforgettable also is the staff. All of them truly care for your well- being, and you, as a guest, truly care for them as well.
The clientele is open-minded, friendly, and you end up thatching at night about your water excursions of the day with other guests.
To wrap this up, vacations at the barefoot is more than vacation, it is an experience that will leave you with memories for life.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank Mélodie M
Raffaella Colleoni, General Manager at The Barefoot Eco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2021

Dear Marlene,

Warm and sunny greetings from The Maldives and thank you so much for your wonderful review.

It was a huge pleasure to welcome you to our tiny slice of paradise.

It is so lovely to hear that you had such a great stay with us here at The Barefoot Eco Hotel.

We especially, truly appreciate your kind words for our team, who are indeed, highly passionate
and dedicated to delivering the most memorable visits for our all our valued guests, such as you.

We agree that Lloyd and Sara are two shining stars here at The Barefoot.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel soon, on your next visit!

Best regards
Raffaella

Reviewed January 6, 2021 via mobile

The Barefoot Eco Hotel is the perfect choice for anyone seeking a more authentic experience and looking to support efforts for a more sustainable experience supportive of the local community. Genuine and personal hospitality by the manager and the entire friendly team and an on-site marine biologist gives a boutique feel. We floated above mantas, sea turtles and colorful reef fish on snorkeling excursions and even spotted some dolphins. The ocean and sand were perfect for relaxing and - while limited- you can find some pretty fish even snorkeling from the beach. We stayed in a beachfront room, which is well worth the upgrade for its direct beach access and shady deck for reading. The meals were delicious- especially the Maldivian specialties evenings and fresh fish selections. While interaction with the local community was restricted due to the pandemic (guests must stay in the resort grounds and can’t bike through the village or elsewhere on the island like during normal times), the Barefoot made a special effort for brief and Covid appropriate glimpses into local culture. The property has a variety of trees and vegetation and we enjoyed watching the hermit crabs make their way across the sand. We enjoyed learning about the hotel’s continuing sustainability efforts and felt we made the right choice in supporting those. The huge high-ceiling covered common space made us feel at ease during the pandemic and all staff wear masks- but you can see their eyes smiling! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience with the Barefoot and only left comments for minor improvements. The Barefoot isn’t for those looking for a Disney-type self-contained Maldives holiday or a booze break (there is a boat bar if you are so inclined but the inhabited island is alcohol-free)- but is perfect for anyone seeking a comfortable yet genuine Maldives journey.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank JakZivot
Raffaella Colleoni, General Manager at The Barefoot Eco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2021

Dear Guest,

Sunny greetings from the Maldives.

It was a great pleasure to welcome you to our resort, The Barefoot Eco Hotel.

We are really glad to read such a lovely feedback: your kind and genuine words make our job even more rewarding!

We will surely keep the authenticity of the place and our hard work will always have an eco responsible approach.

We hope there will be more opportunities in the future to welcome you to our resort.

Reviewed December 11, 2020 via mobile

I’ve loved every minute of my week here. The rooms are spacious and clean. A few steps to the beautiful beach. The staff are helpful, friendly and polite. Mayura who had the patience to try and teach me yoga, the waiters and bar staff, Sara who took me on amazing snorkelling excursions, Lloyd who let me tag along on his dive trips, the cleaners, gardeners, reception staff especially Gayan, the boat crew, the cooks for the good food; I cannot thank them enough for making this holiday one I will always remember. I will definitely be back.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Ann G
Raffaella Colleoni, General Manager at The Barefoot Eco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2020

Dear Ann G,

It was a big pleasure to welcome you to our little spot of paradise.

It is so nice to read that you had an amazing stay at The Barefoot Eco Hotel.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope there will be more opportunities in the future to welcome you to our resort.

Sunny regards from all The Barefoot Team

Reviewed February 1, 2020

We were with the kids at the Barefoot Eco Hotel on full board basis, swimming all day in the warm ocean, enjoying white sand walks, visiting the locals, we went for afternoon trips (swimming with turtles and colorful fish), having wonderful staff especially young and discerning Sozib who did his best to make our stay enjoyable, we drank fruit cocktails and watched the sunset. All in all, we are left with several hundred photos and wonderful acquaintances to remind us of this holiday... Kind regards to all staff and management from Radovic familly!

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Vuk-Radovic
Raffaella C, General Manager at The Barefoot Eco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2020

Dear Vuk-Radovic,

Sunny greetings from the Maldives and thanks for posting such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.
It was a great pleasure to welcome you and your family to The Barefoot Eco Hotel.
We were delighted to read that you had a brilliant holiday with us. I will thank Sozib for his personalized service.

We look forward to have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards