“Woodlands”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Woodlands

Side view of Woodlands with the Five Sisters in the background taken from the entrance gate.
Large, well-equipped kitchen. Another view of the kitchen showing the wall map of the area.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Large, well-equipped kitchen.
Another view of the kitchen showing the wall map of the area.
Woodlands' location (arrowed). Please note not lochside but just around the corner.
Woodlands in the early morning light.
Woodlands taken from the front garden.
View from the snug.
Lounge
The view from the lounge of the Saddle mountain in the early morning light.
Double bedroom
Double bedroom
Family bathroom with shower.
The Saddle in bright sunshine taken from the garden fence.
The gorgeous River Shiel is within easy walking distance..
Sunset at the site of the Battle of Glenshiel just down the road from Woodlands a few minutes by car
Twin bedroom
double bedroom
twin bedroom
view from bedroom
View from bedroom
View of one of the mountains opposite Woodlands on a dull, cloudy day - still stunning.
Glenshiel in winter
Evening stroll along Loch Duich.
One of the many boat trips in the area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Woodlands”
Reviewed January 8, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful and relaxed holiday celebrating my dad's 70th birthday. We were warm, relaxed and very comfortable and the house easily accommodated my family group of 10 and 3 dogs. Everyone had a great time. The huge living room and kitchen diner are the real stars with space for everyone.
The views from the property are truly stunning and we very much look forward to returning for my dad's 71st, 72nd 73rd etc.
Thank you Paula for your hospitality and concern to ensure everything was as we required

Jan 9, 2018
Thank you so much for this review April. It means an awful lot to me that people are happy with Woodlands and it is so rewarding to get feedback like this. I do hope to hear from you again in the future. All the best, Paula
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Jan 11, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your Christmas at Woodlands and intend to return. You will be most welcome. Thank you again and I very much look forward to hearing from you in the future. All the best, Paulal
Reviewed October 13, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Oct 15, 2017
Thank you Tracy for your kind words and I am so pleased you enjoyed your holiday. I very much look forward to hearing from you in the future. Kind Regards Paula
bobandela...
Lorca, Spain
“Excellent Holiday Home”
Reviewed August 30, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Wow, what a great place. We had an excellent stay at Woodlands during our visit to the UK. The house was warm, spacious and very comfortable with incredible views - perfect for a relaxing holiday. The owner has thought of everything including a huge map on one of the kitchen walls - brilliant for planning outings. The immediate area is fantastic with such a lot to do. For the energetic walkers/climbers there are the "5 Sisters" plus little gems like Glenelg, Plockton and Skye are all within easy reach. Thank you so much for a memorable holiday. We would definitely come here again.

Aug 30, 2017
Thank you ever so much for this review. I am so pleased you had such a good holiday and look forward to hearing from you in the future. Regards Paula
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Jul 15, 2017
I'm so pleased you had such a good time. Thank you for letting me know. Kind Regards Paula
AlexaJ1
Scottish Borders, United Kingdom
“Home from home in a stunning location”
Reviewed July 9, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We have recently returned from a wonderful holiday at Woodlands. It is a lovely comfortable cottage with amazing views! It is deceptively huge and easily accommodated our large group with space to spare! We didn't have the best of weather but that didn't matter. There was such a lot to do in the area. We had a super holiday in Woodlands and can heartily recommend it.

Jul 9, 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review - it means a lot to me. Kind regards, Paula
_staceypi...
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great sized house”
Reviewed June 28, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

Very spacious and well equipped with everything you will need for your stay,however the house is dirty and decor is very tired and in need of an update! Strong smell of damp which is also very off putting

Jun 30, 2017
Gosh, I'm so used to people loving Woodlands and leaving great reviews I was completely dumbfounded by yours - it's so at odds with what other people have said both on the Holiday Lettings website and in the Visitor's book. It saddens me that you feel this way but I am amazed by your comments. It's almost like you are talking about a different house from the other reviewers. Incidentally, I went in after the cleaner (I like to check from time to time) and it looked perfectly clean to me, but there was a slight smell of damp which I am investigating.
I'm pleased you found the house spacious and well-equipped. However, I would dispute your comment of the décor being tired as the house is freshly painted each spring and all the carpets cleaned. This year I replaced all but one of the beds so they are almost brand new , plus the main bathroom was replaced last year. The update issue is a matter of taste. The style of the house is plainly visible on the Holiday Lettings website. Some of the soft seating is clearly dated but it is so comfortable I'm loathe to change it. Additionally the kitchen units aren't up-to-date but again it's all visible in the photographs. There are other properties that are ultra modern but they charge hundreds of pounds more per week. At £95 per person per WEEK (that's under £13.57 per night), it is incredibly well-priced. I could give it a glossy makeover and charge accordingly but then it wouldn't be such good value (Woodlands is so big it would cost a fortune to update it whenever trends change). The house is spacious, warm and comfortable, and over the last 16 years a lot of people have described the house as lovely and have been very happy with it.
I am sorry you found the decor not to your taste but I do think your comments are unjust and misleading. I just hope people will read all the other reviews for balance.
Regards Paula
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing