Newark Lodge Guest House
Millgate House Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)
$100
$112
$91
The Grange Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
$88
$94
$56
Travelodge Grantham A1(Grantham)(Great Value!)
$50
Travelodge
$94
$70
$95
$71
Premier Inn Newark Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroll top bathsleigh beddouble showermeloncomfortable bedhost mikeking roomwarm welcomefull englishen suitno hesitationquality ingredientsnearby pubon arrivalplace to stayhome from homean absolute pleasure
Reviewed August 16, 2012

clean..cosy...comfortable lovely décor.... lovely bedroom...lovely bathroom....friendly owner....totally 5 star..felt very happy to sleep in the bed ...use the bathroom and eat breakfast...gave me a perfect finish to a long day and a brilliant start to a good day

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed here as I was attending a wedding at nearby Stubton Hall.
Very friendly staff, welcoming! Rooms had everything I needed for my stay....even bathroom extras that wouldn't expect! Beds very comfortable. Good choice for breakfast although served a bit early for a Sunday morning!
Would recommend for a weekend stop over and would definately stay there again!

Room Tip: If with friends ask for room three as comprises of two single beds in two separate rooms which gives more space
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed in NewarK Lodge when visiting family in Balderton and chose it for its convenience and distance from their home. It was a brilliant find! This B&B offers room quality, food, and service that rival many (most) four star hotels we have stayed in.The decor is very opulent, our room was enormous with the largest en-suite bathroom I have ever seen (and the most extravagantly decorated). The attention to detail and efforts that the owners have gone to is amazing. Everything you could need has been thought of, with high quality toiletries included. Bed was king size and very comfortable. Our breakfast was superb and we could not recommend it more.

Room Tip: Room 2 was amazing - as large as a suite
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The Newark lodge is a magnificent B & B. Mike your host is very pleasant, charming and friendly. The rooms are very clean, with luxurious fixtures and fittings very worthy of the 5 star award. My room had a huge king size bed which was soft and full of blissful sleep. The TV has freeview and a DVD player with a choice of DVD to choose from. The en suite is fantastic with a double size shower and a freestanding bath, after a hard day in the workshop the luxurious foam bath was very welcoming. The Lodge is only yards from the local pubs but avoid these for your evening meal. I used the "Grove" about 10min walk. Breakfast was huge with Pink grapefruit starter followed by cereal and then a full english with tea and toast. Try the pink grapefruit marmalade Mmmmmmmm. Many thanks to Mike and Sheila for making my stay comfortable and welcoming. *****

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DJ_Spike28
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My partner and I stayed here with another friend couple for a wedding. The bedrooms were lovely and warm with great quality fixtures and fittings and furniture. The bed was super comfortable and the room and bathroom was spotlessly clean, the carpets in the bedrooms looked very new too. The owners were very friendly and helpful, they let us borrow the ironing board and set it up ready for my friend in the parlour.

Breakfast was good, although we had to make our choices for the following morning as soon as we checked in, baggage in hand after a long car journey, and then it was automatically the same the following day. That said it was lovely and was enough food and they were happy to cater for vegetarians and gluten free people in one group.

The interior is very grand with fancy antique style furniture which makes it feel special although it is not large, and I thought it was a very unique place to stay. If I'm ever in Newark again I would probably go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends