Best Western Deincourt Hotel
$105
$102
Travelocity
$116
Premier Inn Newark Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
$80
PremierInn.com
$86
Travelodge Grantham A1(Grantham)(Great Value!)
$49
Travelodge
$99
$73
Travelodge Lincoln Thorpe on the Hill(Thorpe On The Hill)(Great Value!)
$43
Travelodge
$108
$80
The Grange Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfunction roomlondon roadtop floorsmall roomearly checkget togetherwedding receptioncomfortable hoteltown centrebridal suitemain roadcomfortable staytea and coffeestayed here for one nightpuddingfull englishcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Limited parking and no lift to start with. I stayed in the main building (apparently there is an extension somewhere), my bed was too hard - to the point where I couldn't sleep from around 3am as I was so uncomfortable, the sash windows rattled all night with the wind ( as sash windows do - secondary glazing might help), I could hear the traffic from the main road as clearly as if I was sitting on the kerbside - again secondary glazing might help.
There were guests who must have been working awkward hours as there was plenty going on between 3.30am and 5.30am which was all easily heard due to the lack of sound proofing or noise limitation.
I ordered room service - which was prompt, although my steak was way under done for my liking, so the duty manager organised a replacement snack.
To my mind the only redeeming quality this hotel has is the staff, in particular the young lady duty manager who I dealt with.

Room Tip: Ask for a comfortable, quiet room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Canneloniwhizz
BWdeincourt, Manager at Best Western Deincourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. However, had this been brought to our attention, we would have provided a solution to ensure your stay with us was as enjoyable as possible.
I do hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Got an excellent deal on line . Room very good , bar prices excellent and who could of predicted a full breakfast for £4.00p. Downside was the lack of a lift and the appalling evening meal we had in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Ground floor is a good bet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank glenrod

Thank you for your kind words.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I like to think myself a seasoned traveller, however I have only recently started taking to wring my reviews on here.
This hotel is a mixed bag the hotel felt "dirty" and the smell in the room was not pleasent no air con at all, and there is no lift which I thought would have been handy with lugging suitcases up and down.
The wifi needs work, and the the rooms are very small.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K4SG

I am sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your room. Had this been brought to our attention, we could have sorted a solution.
Unfortunately, due to the structure and age of the building, it is not possible to install a lift. However, our staff are more than willing to help with your luggage, as stated in our check in procedure!
I do hope to see you again in the future,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked into the Best Western Deincourt Hotel for the weekend for the Newark Blues Festival, and paid £100 per night for a double room. We were given room 3, which is on the ground floor.

First appearances, the room was OK. The enormous bed dominated the room to such an extent that you couldn't open the door fully without it banging into the bed. Fairly clean, but we have had better budget chain hotels.

We wen't out for the evening gigs, and arrived back at the hotel around 11.30 and decided to have a drink in the hotel bar. All well and good. With a full day ahead of us on Saturday we decided to head for bed, which is when the problems started. Room 3 is situated right next to the bar, where several people stayed until around 3 am drinking and taking loudly. It is also next to the toilets - between the two in fact, so the noisy patrons carried the conversation up and down the corridor on loo breaks. We finally got to sleep at around 3.30 am, to be woken at around 6.30 am when we discovered the room is also bang opposite the kitchen. The kitchen staff weren't even talking especially loudly, but the corridor was so echo-y with no 'buffering' doors that we could hear every word spoken. We decided to get up and have breakfast as sleep by then was impossible.

We went to reception to complain about the room both on our way to and from breakfast and asked for a change of room. We were initially told that there were no other rooms available, as room 3 is allegedly one of the larger rooms in the hotel, but on our return after breakfast were told that there may be smaller double rooms available in the annex and we would have to wait and see if anyone checked out before we could be reallocated another room. The receptionist was extremely helpful, but obviously her hands were tied. We asked to speak to a manager, but were told that 'she' wasn't available but was expected by 11 am.

After breakfast we went back to the room and tried to doze for a while, but this proved impossible, and decided that another night was not an option, and that we were in no condition to enjoy the days events, so decided to go home.

We went again to the reception at around 11:00 am but were told that the manager was still not available. My husband at this point refused to pay for the room, but offered to pay for the breakfast and the drinks we had had, and asked that the manager ring us to discuss the situation. The receptionist was extremely polite and professional and said she would not make any charge on the credit card which had already been scanned until we had spoken to the manager. To date (3 weeks later) we have still not received a call from the manager. However no charge has yet been taken from the credit card.

The staff we had contact with were all extremely polite and professional, but we feel that it is extremely poor customer service that the manager has not been in contact.

Room Tip: Don't under any circumstances choose room 3!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jill W
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked a night here with our two young children staying in a family room. Past experience has alway lead us to slightly "dread" hotel stays with the children - all going to bed at the same time and usually awake well before our usual time. Not so here. Our family room had the twin beds in a bedroom with a door so we could enjoy a relaxing evening as the children slept.

The staff were really helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

The breakfast was delicious, a good choice of continental breakfast and the full English was very tasty and locally sourced, according to the menu.

A lovely homely hotel, we would definitely return.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elspeth R

Thank you so much for your kind words!
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Deincourt Hotel.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!