“Great stay”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I had this deal at liveoffcoupon whereby I buy a 2d1n package and receive another 2d1n free. Thus, I decided to use it on their christmas eve.

Other than the checking in time to be strictly by 2pm, and one incident in which actually we were given a room at 11am and were delighted but when we reached the room, we were dismayed to find out that there were actually occupants there and thus, had to proceed back to the reception counter and wait till 2pm to check in, the stay was pretty good!

I was quite worried initially about staying at the riani wing (old wing) due to some of the reviews here. But surprisingly, I love the attap house structure. The room is quite clean and big. Their supposedly single bed are enough to fit in 3 people. So with 2 beds that look like queen sized bed, accompanied with two sofa seats, tv and a balcony, I find that it is really spacious for the 2 of us. There are also alot of tv channels to watch as well.

The only sad thing is, 90% of the view of the seaview from the balcony is blocked by the trees as we are only taking the superior room (starting from third level only). Don't think the first and second are affected.

The waters are okay-clear. Not as clear as bali, but clear enough to see the fishes/rocks and some seaweed. The area near the jetty seems good for snorkling. We played banana boat, S$8 per person for 15 minutes and it was just trashing fun. The pricing is quite reasonable for their watersports actually. 10% disc for hotel stayers. The pool, contrary to what I read, was also very well maintained. No signs of any dead insects and leaves.

However, food there is not really cheap. I had briyani chicken and my partner had some rice and the bill amounted to S$27 for a simple meal. Nonetheless, the breakfast buffet had a wide spread and I am happy with the variety they provide. There were also a compulsory dinner (just for x'mas eve/other special occasions) and I find that generally the food was good. The staffs are really friendly and greet you with a smile whenever they see us too.

As this place is located out of town, wanting to travel out of town for massages/shoppings will cost a bomb for cabs. 100,000 r.p for single trip etc. Thus, I will recommend to stay in the resort to just chill and relax. I enjoyed my stay at turi beach personally.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xia0xue
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Dear Xiaoxue,

Happy New Year Greetings from Turi Beach Resort!

It is always great to read complete reviews like yours to better understand the likes and expectations of our guests.

I am really sorry that your initial check in was not smooth, …, we face some challenges during the peak check in – check out periods when the resort enjoy high occupancies.

We always encourage our guests to leave their luggage in the front office and start their vacation straight away while the accommodation becomes available.

Following your transportation comments please be informed that during the first quarter of 2011 we will start a shuttle service to town during weekends, public holidays and long weekends.

Glad to welcome you back during your next vacation break in Batam.

Have a great year ahead!

Reviewed December 26, 2010

Stayed there for a weekend with spouse. We were greeted promptly by staff were led to the rooms before the stipulated check-in time. Great! Room was spacious and clean except for some ants and tar-like stain on the bathroom floor. Was quite mad with the hot water showers/tap as you would never be able to get the correct temperature. The waters could suddenly turn burning hot so you have to be extra careful. Massage was comfortable and sea sports was exceptionally popular so do make a booking beforehand. The guides at the beach club offer honest advices, do look out for this funny chap named Wan. Teppanyaki was done in a unique Indonesian-Japanese style but the chef did looked professional. Food was generally tasty. If you would like to sample true local food, hit the Batam town. The X'mas gala dinner did offer a fantastic spread though. All in all, I guess the folks at Turi were fine, friendly and nice. They seemed tired and a little overworked though. So remember to tip/encourage them a little if they have rendered good service! Else, what the management could do is to work on the facilities!

• Stayed: December 2010

Dear Ms. Stella,

New Year Greetings!

Wish you had a great time during these festivities.

Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your Christmas vacation and sharing your experience with all of us.

Please accept my apologies for those areas to be improved in your accommodation.

I would appreciate if you could let me know your room number and I will make sure that all your comments are taken into account and fix accordingly before your next stay.

If I can be of any assistance to you or your network, please contact me at your convenience.

Wishing you and your family and Very Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 16, 2010

I chose Turi for a 2D1N stay on 14th dec 2010. I was amazed by how spacious this resort is, and you can see how far each wing of the hotel extends! OMG, such a long walk to the room! So my advise is, it is not for elderly or if you have difficulty walking.
The most interesting fact i told my companion was, "this is the resort with the most number of staircase!"
From the "lobby", you will have quite a view of the whole beach front and oversee the big sea! Nice view.

We arrived at about 12pm, but were made to wait till 2.15pm for a room at Riani Wing. Staff cited lack of rooms, usual check-in at 2pm and people checking out late which resulted in the delay. Was quite disappointed with the answer, and I thought they could have give us an upgraded room if there is, so that we do not need to wait so long. As for other guests who chose Tirta wing, they were led to their room without delay. In the end after the long wait, they gave us a room which is closer to the central area so that we do not need to walk too far to our room.

Room is decent, with fitted mosquito nets for beds, mosquito sprays available. These also meant that we were indeed met with some mosquitos at night.
2 pools are available in the whole resort. Food wise, there are 2 restaurants, one which serve indo and western food, the other serving teppanyaki. Do not expect fine dining, though food is decent.

This resort seems to emphasis more on water sports, so bring your necessary gears. Water is clear enough for snorkelling. A nice walkbridge that extend far into the sea is a good place to stroll. However, do think twice if you want to do it at night because it tends too get very dark with limited lighting.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kidman
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2010

Dear Mr. Kidman,

Season’s greetings!

Thank you very much for your valuable time and comments, …, very much appreciated.

Although the resort is nestled amongst an extensive area, there are two guest lifts to access each facility area from the lobby to Tirta wing rooms, the pools, restaurants, bars and spa amongst others.

We aim to have always rooms ready whenever guests arrive at the resort by being flexible in the room allocation or providing an upgrade whenever previous bookings commitments allow.

Lighting wise, we are working with companies like Philips and G.E. to improve the night vision experience in the resort in an environmentally friendly manner.

May you require any other information or assistance for you or your network, please contact me at your convenience.

Wish you had a great Christmas celebration and the New Year ahead is a very prosperous one.

Glad to have you back in Turi Beach Resort during 2011.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed December 12, 2010

I read the reviews on TripAdvisor before i decided to book this hotel 3 months ago with my trusted agent Holiday Bagus. However it turned out to be a not so pleasant trip for me.

Firstly, We had to wait for 2.5 hrs to check in as they claim they had no rooms. We waited and saw lots of people arriving later than us BUT checking in first. I had booked my package 3 months ago so i was wondering why we could not check in first since there are still many empty rooms. Also requested for a connecting room (3 months ago!) which unfortunately, didn't get it and that caused lots of inconvenience for my whole family.

Secondly, when we finally got our room (103 and 104), we stepped in to see used towers and used soap/shampoo in the rooms as if our rooms were not house-kept before we checked in. Ok fine, i called housekeeping and told them to bring some new towels as we will be going swimming first. When we came back, there are still no towels and we had to wait coldly out there for them to bring us some which took like 20 mins. There were mud stains on the floor and the room is not clean and bed is too soft as we sink in after lying on it.

Thirdly, the hotel staff kept wanting to charge us for extra bed/extra breakfast which we had paid for in advance and luckily i brought my invoice with me so that they can verify.

There is a hotel spa and me and my sister tried that. Receptionist speaks good english and she is the only one who probably can understand us. Packages not cheap compared to other bintan/batam hotels. Abt S$150 for 2 hrs. Worst part, we got bitten big time by lots of mosquitos at the 'spa room' which is actually a ' attap chalet' beside the forested area.

Lastly, some of the positive side to our trip is the Turi beach view. All rooms face the beach. They have this island bar and a long bridge out to the waters which is quite therapeutic to walk along. The swimming pool is small but great.
Outside the hotel, we had dinner at 'Amazon' which is a kelong restaurant at the Nongsa Pura Ferry Terminal. Very nice experience and service there compared to the hotel's service, and expensive so-so food.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Ms-TaurusToh
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2010

Dear Ms. Toh,

Season’s Greetings from Turi Beach Resort!

I am very sorry to learn that your accommodation was not ready on arrival.

With no intention to justify this event, I would like to share with you that we have different room types in each wing of the resort. If any guest checked in before you is not because we gave them priority over you.

Being a leisure destination, most of our guests stretch their check out time resulting in occasional check in delays.

Regarding the rest of your accommodation comments, I will review them with my rooms division team to make sure that our quality control system is followed consistently.

Glad to share with the Spa team your favourable and relaxing experience in the Spa.

If your schedule allows, I would be delighted to personally welcome you back in Turi Beach Resort during your next vacation break.

Thank you very much for your valuable comments.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 5, 2010

Just had a lovely stay at the Turi Beach resort. We stayed there Mon-Wed so not too many people, but I have the feeling that it is quiet all the time. At night, all we could hear was the breeze and the occasional chattering of a squirrel. We stayed in a Deluxe room, which turned out to be an air-conditioned cabin just above the sea. Very clean and well-appointed, complete with four poster bed (recommend you put down the mosquito nets at night as they go come hunting for you...). We enjoyed wonderful massages at the spa by very talented and sweet Indonesian ladies. My wife is five months pregnant and they took great care to give her a pre-natal massage that sent her right off to sleep. Didn't try any of the various water sports because we were on a lazy break, but it seemed like there were lots to choose from. The beach is a bit rocky and not good for a swim, but the pool is lovely and we just read and snoozed the day away in a pool-side cabana.

We also enjoyed playing pool in the comfortable bar and singing karaoke in a private room.

The staff is incredibly warm, friendly, and helpful. The only reasons I gave the hotel a four and not a five were the lack of a really good swimming beach and food that was quite good but not yet excellent.

Perfect place for a quiet hideaway break.

1  Thank blueindigoSG

Dear Blue Indigo SG,

Christmas greetings from Nongsa Resorts!

We are delighted to learn that you had a very enjoyable and relaxing experience during your leisure break in Turi Beach Resort.

If we can be of any assistance to you or your network, you are most welcome to contact me at your convenience.

Glad to welcome you back in Turi Beach during your next leisure break.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year.

Reviewed December 1, 2010

The stay was excellent, except for the food at Taming Sari Restaurant. We ordered Ayam Penyet, Assam Pedas Ikan and Beef Steak for dinner. The ayam (chicken) was so small I thought it was a pigeon. The Assam Pedas Ikan (fish cooked in tamarin juice and chilli) supposed to be an Indonesian cuisine and thought cannot go wrong ordering it, turned out to be salty and not at all sour. The beef steak was the worst...thought we order chewing gum!! It was tough. Food was warm and not hot from the stove.
Hope the resort will look into their F&B and improve, it will be perfect for a get away!

1  Thank Lin2010Singapore

Dear Lin,

Season’s greetings from Turi Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your dining experience in Taming Sari Cafe.

On behalf of the Taming Sari team, please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to fully deliver an enjoyable meal. Please let me know your email address to further elaborate on this event.

Glad to review that the rest of the facilities and services were up to your satsifaction.

Thank you for your time and assistance to make Turi Beach Resort the leading resort in Batam.

Wishing you and your family a great time during these festivities.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed November 19, 2010

Prior to my stay at Turi Beach resort, i had read a couple of reviews on Trip advisor and began to feel apprehensive about my decision to choose Turi for a quick getaway. To cut the long story short, I've just returned from a 3D/2N stay with my girlfriend and we insisted on writing a review straightaway!!! And to all those still contemplating a short trip to Turi Beach resort, i suggest you not let the negative reviews deter you. Instead, take a leap of faith and experience for yourself what Turi has to offer. I promise you wouldn't regret your decision one bit.

I made the decision to book a weekday package from the 17-19 nov at Turi despite my exams starting on the 22nd and i must say it was so worth giving up my study time for this 3D/2N experience. I like the fact that everything from the point you get off the ferry at nongsapura till the time your get back onto the ferry to head back to Singapore was so well taken care of. A hotel staff greeted me upon my arrival and proceeded to settle my return trip for me. It was well organized and more importantly, it made my trip hassle free and I could concentrate on just enjoying myself

Hotel:
Upon arrival, i was impressed by the hotels infrastructure and surroundings. It was perfect for a resort styled hotel and on top of tht, it was clean, decent beaches, and suprisingly clear waters, though abit roack at the sides. I booked a Tirta premier room and was more than just pleased with what I saw. Room was spacious, cozy, had a high ceiling and a patio that overlooked the sea. Immediately, whatever previous apprehensions i had of Batam and Turi, disappeared totally.

Food:
Food was ok. Taming sari cafe and Cinta manis serve international and local cuisine and was acceptable. Its a little pricey though, expect to play SGD9-12++ (and tax is 21% mind you. more than singapore). On our last night, we ate at the Teppenyaki restaurant which was surprising good. My girlfriend had a "surf and turf" meal for $21 and i had fish, prawn and beef teppenyaki set for $23. servings were generous and we both enjoyed our food. Its much recommended for those willing to fork out a little more money. The only downside was a llack of places to eat. After 3 days, we found ourselves a little tired of eating at the same places. Would have been good if the Island bar was open. That place just oozes of potential. hahah. So if any of you are staying for longer periods, i would suggest u head out to the town for some of your meals.

Activities:
I had read some reviews about there being nothing to do especially on the weekdays, but personally, i was there for 3 days and i never once felt bored. The sea sports center had a wide enough range of stuff to do. Pricing is quite normal for a resort and they give a 10% discount. The waters are clear, thus i would recommend heading out to the 220m jetty to snorkle. fishes there are aplenty and some are quite big. We managed to spend 1/2hr on the jetski for $58 and that was good fun. wished we had more time to try out the other stuff as well. Was a little disappointed that we couldnt do the rock wall though. We asked the staff from the day we arrived till the day we left but they said that we couldnt do it. no reason given, but being the guy i am, I just let it go and didnt question them further.
We also had a massage at the spa which was ok but i found it a little too expensive at $58++. I was a little upset though that i had to pay an extra $10+ tax when the website stated that it was $58nett (http://www.turibeach.com/images/events/nongsaexperience.html). Perhaps it should be updated to be more consistent and to avoid further confusion. During a previous trip to Bintan, at Nirwana Resorts, i paid only $50 for a 1 for 1 massage. AND THEY CAME ALL THE WAY TO MY ROOM TO DO IT. If i may suggest, having a couples package would be quite suitable given the type of crowd that I saw during my stay there, majority were couples. And perhaps, offering in-room massage option would be good for those who are feeling lazy and would much prefer to remain in the comfort of their own rooms. Personally, i was very pleased when i found out that Nirwana offered such a service.

Service:
WORLD CLASS. Probably the best service i've experienced in any hotel i've been to. I dunno what other reviewers have to complain about the service at Turi. I guess much stems from you as a person. If you expect to be treated like a King and act like a King, then i guess no one would ever be able to meet your lofty demands. But if you go there with an open and happy heart, trust me, you will be well attended to. I'm not sure how to describe my experience with the staff at Turi. Its not the usual great service you get from the hospitality industry. I mean, providing great service is just expected when you are a guest at a hotel. But at Turi Beach, the experience is different. What sets them apart from other hotels is the fact that i could feel that they were extremly genuine. Genuinely nice people who love what they do for a living. The staff seem to enjoy their work alot. And i think that plays a role in the service that they provide. I mean they are so helpful and cheerful and it rubs off onto us as guest. I've read a couple of reviews mentioning Iqbal, and i got to meet with the Legend during breakfast on our last day. And i must confirm what fellow reviewers' had to say about him. Upon entering Taming Sari for our breakfast, we were quickly attended to by a man. He offered to serve us coffee, checked our preference for eggs, and even toasted our bread for us. In our heads we were thinking, "isnt this a buffet? why is there such great service at a buffet? dont we normally get food ourselves?" This man then proceeded to serve us our coffee, bread and eggs just the way we wanted it. When we looked at his name tag, "Iqbal" says it all. Its an honour to finally meet the Turi Legend himself and all i've heard about him was true. Great guy, great service. :)

We left with a heavy heart. sad and disappointed that our trip has finally come to an end. even up to the point when we were checking out, we were still contemplating extending our stay. But my exams were calling and i needed to study. If i do badly, i'll have no job when i graduate next year. Or maybe, Turi beach would hire me :) haha. Unfortunately, disaster struck on my way back to Singapore. i misplaced my camera and lost alll my wonderful photos that we took. I'm still reeling from the pain. All the memories that i was soooo excited to show my friends back home, all gone :( That being said, i'm extremely greatful for the experience the Turi team has given my girlfriend and I. and we will defintely be back very soon. Hopefully in December.. this time to recapture the memories and i'll make sure i tie the camera to my body the next time round.

To the management of Turi: keep up the great work. You have a great bunch of staff and they really make the Turi experience worthwhile. And you're hearing this from an undergraduate 2 days away from his final exams and unprepared.

3  Thank ShawnYang
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

Dear Mr. Yang and girlfriend,

Season’s greetings from Turi Beach!

Please accept my sincere apologies for not acknowledging earlier your experience feedback.

We all at Turi Beach feel very special after reading your detailed and complete Trip Advisor assessment review.

Your review has been placed in all department notice boards and shared amongst all the staff in their relevant briefings and meetings.

Mr. Mino – Director of Food & Beverage – will be delighted to personally take care of you and your girlfriend during your next visit offering you our dining destination menus for a richer culinary experience in the island bar or the jetty.

Rock climbing wise, Mr. Amin in charge of the water sports and activity department will make sure that you can enjoy rock climbing during your next stay (keep me updated on your next visit dates to pre-book a session).

Regarding the Spa price, thank you for noticing the typo error. The price has been already updated on the web; we will be glad to credit to your account with the price difference during your next visit.

Your in room massage for couples recommendation is in the hands of Ms. Arunika – Spa Manager – for review and implementation within the first quarter of 2011.

Thank you very much for Mr. Iqbal comments, …, he will be publicly recognized for his contribution to our company and for his multiple appearances in Trip Advisor during the staff X’mas party in December 2010.

Finally I am really sorry to hear about the lost of your camera and all the memories that you have captured.

Wish you had a successful exam’s period and we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Turi in December.

Have a great festive season!

Antonio Hernandez Canovas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Grands I Hotel
Grands I Hotel
#12 of 101 in Batam
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!