“Close to heaven....”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed at Turi beach for 5days for a business event.

Positives:
- fantastic view
- good and friendly service
- well maintained swimming pools
- quiet and relaxing
- beach huts for even more relaxation
- not crowded on weekdays
- easy transportation from Singapore (35mins by boat and 5mins to resort by free transport)
- tasty welcome drink (Yum Yum!)
- good tasting food at both Japanese and Taming Sari
- nice bars
- great sunrise and sunset
- great massage at the spa

Negative:
- mosquitoes, mosquitoes, mosquitoes and even more mosquitoes!!! Everywhere i turned, there were mosquitoes and despite complaining to the hotel many times, there were still mosquitoes in my room!
- flies in the restaurant
- Lack of other entertainment, shopping or restaurants

Considering the rate that they charge, it is not acceptable that the hotel cannot maintain a pest free environment. If they could solve the pest problem, i would consider this a 5-star resort!

I would really like to visit Turi Beach again but really cannot bear the thought of facing the pests. Suggestion to any traveller is to bring your own spray for mosquitoes. Spray the room throughly immediately when you arrive and do not allow housekeeping into your room as they open your room door when they do the housekeeping and also invite the mosquitoes into your room at the same time.

Room Tip: Tirta rooms are older but have lift. Riani rooms are refurbished but require a lot of climbing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Sumantri E, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2015

Dear DorisChin

Sea, sun and nature greetings from Turi beach Resort!

Thank you very much for your review about your experience at Turi Beach Resort, your feedback is very much appreciated.
It is our pleasure when knowing your recognition about the following

Positives:
- fantastic view
- good and friendly service
- well maintained swimming pools
- quiet and relaxing
- beach huts for even more relaxation
- tasty welcome drink (Yum Yum!)
- good tasting food at both Japanese and Taming Sari
- nice bars
- great sunrise and sunset
- great massage at the spa

We would like to apologize for unwanted visitors and unpleasant experience you may have during your stay, there are several actions is taken to reduce the access of the unwanted visitors. Preventative pest control is carried out throughout the resort at frequent intervals we will continue to address this matter with our 3rd party operator diligently. Increase and modify the method of our pest control from fogging, spray to mist blower include providing mosquitos aerosol spray and mosquitos repellent in the room

Once again, thank you for your caring share and we always hope to serve you again in the near future.

Sumantri Endang

Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I grabbed this deal on Groupon after much research was done--2D1N with my bf. I was quite skeptical at first, as this was my first time dealing with Groupon, and after hearing all the possibility of hidden costs, i was quite worried.

However, I am pleased to say it wasn't a disappointing experience. From the start, the booking of the rooms and ferry with Turi was done with ease and they got back to us quite fast, within 2 days! The facilities were good, rooms were neat and nice! I was surprised by the standard they had, felt like a 4 star hotel with a gorgeous view of the sea! (p.s. all their rooms have a balcony facing the sea!). They even had a complimentary king size bed for us, that should've cost $25! (I did made that request to the person when i emailed about the booking, but he/she didn't replied). However, my friends said they found stains in their room floor, and there were ants:/ But they made a room switch for them. The stains are probably from the oil at the beach, so please refrain from taking off your slippers on the beach! I had a hard time scrubbing them out from my foot. They were also a couple, but had 2 single beds that couldn't be shifted together, so they had to make do:(

On our first day, we reached at about 1pm, we couldn't do parasailing cause they said the weather conditions wasn't good, so we just went for a swim immediately cause check in time was only at 2pm. We had lunch in the pool, they had chairs and a food bar in the pool! Not really as exciting as i thought it would be though! Hahah! We spent the rest of the day swimming and exploring the resort, the pavilion thingy with the longgg bridge is a gorgeous place to take pics!! For dinner, we cabbed out to the nearby seafood restaurant, its 130,000rupiah for a to and fro trip. For 4 pax, we spent about $100 at the seafood place. I would say the food is acceptable! we ordered 1kg of crabs which was a huge mistake as it consisted mostly of crab shells... so if you want to eat crabs, please order like 1 crab, and not by weight! Their tom yum soup is infested with prawns, and its just like diluted chilli, SUPER SPICY!

On the second day, we had a late check out at 1pm, instead of 12pm, cause we called the front desk early:) Breakfast was acceptable, the place was clean and nice! We did parasailing afterwards, it was a great once in a lifetime experience! After bathing and checking out, it was 1pm, since we had nothing to do, we decided to cab to the shopping centre- Batam Centre. It costs 300,000 rupiah to and fro. However, we waited for AN HOUR for the cab...! Everyone was fuming as our ferry is at 5pm, so we basically had to be back at 4pm, and it was already 1pm... That means we essentially had only an hour at the shopping centre considering we left at 2pm, & the journey was about 40mins one way! What was worse is that when i asked for the cab at 1pm, the person told me 10/15mins, so i went ahead with it. After 30mins, they told me 5 more mins, and this kept dragging and dragging till one hour. we tried to argue with them that it was not fair for us to pay the full 300,000 after the inefficient way they handled the calling of cabs. However, we were only treated with employees that refuse to take the blame. All we wanted is for the hotel to take some responsibility and pay 100,000. But the employee said that wasn't possible, and that he would fork out his own money. But we didn't feel that it was right taking his money and wanted the hotel to pay for it instead. After a long debate(he even talk to us via the cab driver phone while we were on the way), there was no conclusion to this matter. So we just paid the full 300,000 as we didn't want to shortchange the kind cab driver. The terrible way they handle customers was a little dampening to our holiday spirits.

A few warnings, the food is chargeable in both SGD and rupiah, they are expensive! my lunch was $44 bucks! Next, they do have water sports, like parasailing, jet ski, banana boat, etc. However, do prepare to pay quite a hefty sum. We did parasailing on the second day, it cost us about $98 bucks for 2 pax, this is including their 20% SVC & GST charges.

Hope this helped!

6  Thank shujinglin
Sumantri E, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2015

Dear shujinglin

Greetings from Turi Beach Resort!

Thank you very much for support and your review about your experience at Turi Beach Resort, your feedback is very much appreciated.
I hope you do return to stay in the future, when improvements will be evident.

Thank you very much for your valuable time and kind understanding.

With best regards

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We booked Turi beach as a last minute getaway via Groupon. We paid something ridiculous and was expecting a budget break.....what we got was a real piece of heaven surrounded by palms, beach and sea!
Our room turned out to be a beach chalet just 5 metres from the beach! Waking up to the sound of the sea each morning was amazing and not expected for the price we paid.
The chalet was recently renovated and was large, bright and airy as well as incredibly clean.
From the staff that checked us in, to the waiting staff, the bar staff and the entertainment staff, nothing was too much trouble. Most polite and helpful.
The complex itself was very clean and had good facilities including 3 pools, water sports hut, various restaurants/bars etc. Although Turi Beach is a large resort, we never felt crowded at all. Being expats, living in Singapore, we really wanted a typical island getaway and were delighted to find that over 90% of guests were locals!
All in all we had a fantastic stay and will definitely be going for a return visit!
If there had to be a negative it would be that there appeared to have been an oil leak along the beach at some time and there were traces of this along the beach as well as sticky tar and diesel remnants left on your feet after walking barefoot...that being said, a very minor detail and note to self to keep flip flops on next time!
TURI BEACH....YES PLEASE!!!

2  Thank 1972_cookie
Sumantri E, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2014

Dear 1972_cookie

Sea, sun and nature greetings from Turi beach Resort!

Thank you for your review about your experience at Turi Beach Resort, it is very much appreciated. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you back with us again when you next return to Nongsa, Batam island.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had a great stay in this resort.
Was greeted by their friendly and helpful staffs when we reach the resort. After checked in we proceed to our room, Riani Deluxe Beachfront. The room is big, cosy and clean, it makes you feel like not wanting to leave the room at all. Sea view was great too, enjoyed the sound of the sea and cooling sea breeze.
Breakfast is great! Lots of variety to choose from and they taste good.
Aqua bar is good too, enjoyed in the pool with some snacks and drinks. Too bad it's not open till late.
Meals over at the resort are quite decent though a bit pricy.
Overall had a great and relaxing stay at the resort and thanks to Misael and his great team to make this an enjoyable trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jason G

Sea, sun and nature greetings from Turi beach Resort!

Thank you for posting your review of your stay and I am pleased you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed our extensive facilities.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular that Misael and the entire Turi Beach Resort provided you with a level of service that made your stay experience that much more enjoyable

We all look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My turn to write something about turi beach :) the beach view is wonderful, with 2 pools that I can select at my own wish.
Very good place to relax, especially walking down to the island bar and enjoy the sea breeze out there. There are hammocks, cosy huts around the pool areas for you to relax.
The pools are clean as they do maintainance in the morning.

Apart from the nice scenery, the service is also good, as I request for a birthday cake for my wife at 1130pm,and they do came at that hour and deliver the birthday cake. Actually the cake should come after we checked.in the room. But don't know why it didn't turn up.. haha. So I make another request to deliver at night instead. So remember to remind them again if you make special request.

The food wise quite limited and the price wise not really cheap. :)
Tried taming cafe for lunch, ayam penyet, nasi padang, not too bad. Tried japanese teppanyiki, nice performance by the chef and the food taste good. Free veg side dish and free ice cream after the meal. Good one :)

For the yacht club, I find that the maintenance is not there, pool table is not well maintained, the whole place looks a bit runned down. Sing dollar $1 for one pool game. $7.50 for beer, 1 for 1 if happy hour.

For the resort room, not well maintained. Toilet bowl cover loose, flooded water when showering, water heater not there, safe box battery weak, got to ask them to change battery twice. But the premier room is pretty spacious. If there is bathtub, will be good haha.
Nice view from the room.

Overall, is a good place to go :)
Will definitely go back again. Haha.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank khlee1981
Sumantri E, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2015

Dear khlee1981

Sea, sun and nature greetings from Turi beach Resort!

On behalf of Turi Beach Resort team. We all look forward to having you and your loved one back with us soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just got back from Turi Beach Resort yesterday and had an extremely positive experience. After alighting the shuttle bus from Nongsapura Ferry Terminal, my girlfriend and I was visually greeted by their scenic clear blue beach. Next, we checked in at the reception and was politely served by their staff. Checked into the room and headed off to explore the entire place. We had teppanyaki for lunch at their japanese restaurant which was quite good and there will be a moment where the chef will do a fire performance. Then, we went to the jetty where the sky was clear and strong winds were blowing against us. It was certainly nice to enjoy the sea breeze and felt like being in the middle of the sea. Next, we had dinner buffet at another restaurant. We were surprised that the staff specially reserved a table for us in a small hut which is very near the shoreline. Felt really romantic and special. The spread of the food for the buffet was pretty good with a wide range and was quite delicious as well. After dinner, we went for a nice swim in the pool which was clean and looks well maintained. During breakfast at the restaurant the next day, the staff actually waited for us to finish our meal before playing the "happy birthday" song and presented me with a cake. I was speechless and very surprised that they took the initiative to do this and made my trip memorable/unforgettable. I appreciate all that they have done to make this a wonderful birthday celebration trip for me. Lastly before I left, we had pizza and fried noodles while lying down on the mat in the hut which was another unforgettable experience. Overall, very happy with their service and will be coming back again :)

Room Tip: Request for seaside view

Dear LionelLow87

Sea, sun and nature greetings from Turi beach Resort!

Thank you for your review about your birthday experience at Turi Beach Resort, it is very much appreciated. I am pleased you had a wonderful birthday experience and enjoyed our extensive facilities.

On behalf of Turi Beach Resort team, we all look forward to having you and your family or friends back with us soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was just back for this lovely resort. Travelling with my friend and this was the first time we spend all our time in the resort. BREATHTAKING sea view when we step out from the van. A huge sea view just in front of the resort’s lobby. We are greeted with a glass of ginger tea which my favorite and a big smile. We had a nice room with beautiful sea view. And I personally fall in love with the design of the bathroom. We were enjoying the sea breeze after we get to our room and was forgotten our lunch. A variety of TV channels provided by the resort. You can enjoy the TV shows on your bed with the open door while the sea breeze will take over the air-con’s job. We had our fish ad chip and ayam penyet as our first lunch at Taming Sari just before the restaurant closed for buffet dinner preparation. We were enjoying the food with sea breeze and the sound of the waves. What’s a heaven? We had a short walk to Tanjung Pandan and another stunning view. And we had our Balinese massage in TSpa to relaxing our body and mind. Staffs were busying setting up the buffet dinner location where just beside the pool. They are doing GREAT. I and my friend were decided not going out to town and we had our buffet dinner in the resort. Some of the dish was a little bit salty and oily. The pastry especially the swiss roll and banana cake was AWESOME. We were enjoying the breeze, live band and the food very much. And we won a fusion buffet dinner voucher from the lucky draw. Really a lot of luck and love. And of course we had a good sleep for the night. Not to mention the breakfast. Variety of food from western to eastern. And we end this getaway with Nasi Goreng Kampung. Thumb up for the Nasi Goreng Kampung. Definitely, will be back for other types of room. And next time will ask for room closed to reception. Hihih…

Things need to be improved were the wifi (will be good if FREE) and cleanliness of the door’s window.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Gilagal

It is always nice to discover that our guests has experience a wonderful journey with us.
Your note is really motivating and we do appreciate your support and moment to share in describing our dedication. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and enjoy our nasi goreng kampung

Sumantri Endang

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Angsana Bintan
#5 of 38 in Bintan Island
2 mi away
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!