“Unforgettable Fun at the Turi Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Hang Lekiu, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
AUGUST SURPRISE 50% OFF
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Unforgettable Fun at the Turi Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

It was a birthday bash/weekend get-away that made us impulsively click booking.com to book for a hotel stay at Turi Beach Resort.
The first time I had seen photos on my friend's fb, I was like, oh wow, the place looks great and hoping that I could go there even for just a weekend stay. Apparently, the long-awaited moment has come, and we did not even think about it anymore: immediately booked and confirm the booking!
From the ferry terminal itself, we already felt that this short stay is going to make our weekend an unforgettable one. We were fetched to the hotel by the hotel's shuttle bus (for free); and was warmly welcomed by the crew and staff of the resort.
Since we had to wait for the check-in time, we had to spend time outside town in order for us to go for massage and see the small town and had some brunch over at Rezeki Restaurant.
The food was nice, but I would not take it excellent, nevertheless, we were full and happy.
We went back to hotel in the afternoon for check in and we were nicely accommodated by the receptionists and staff. Singhi, the most hospitable guest relations officer whom we have met at the hotel, was the best experience we had at the resort, which made us fall in love more when we explored the place.
We took a lot of photos, and for the first time in the history, my camera has to be charged 2x a day and had to empty some spaces coz of too many corners of photo shots that we had made fun to do.
Every person we come across at the resort (referring to all the staff there), were all friendly. Even whatever requests we ask from them such as asking them to take our nonstop jumpshots, till we get it perfect; and even those borrowing of their equipment such as the sound system, the bbq grill and all that to make those as props for us to take photo, they willingly lend to us and seeing those big smiles on their faces.
During dinner, we had decided to have a bbq buffet beside the pool with a live band performance (but the vocalist of the band was not really that good, though.. nvm it was not a big deal to talk about.. ) we enjoyed the dinner and again, the service rendered to us by the staff and crew. I would definitely say, there were all amazingly friendly and hospitable.
The infinity pool where we soaked after dinner, did not make me itch. The water was perfectly warm and does not cause any skin allergy (since I easily get those allergies from dirty swimming pools).
At midnight as requested from Singhi, to provide us a complimentary bday cake for our friend, which they sent to us at exactly 12midnight so it was fun singing "happy bday to you" to her with her cake to devour after taking photos.
Morning was great since we woke up at 7:30 in the morning to prepare for breakfast, morning swimming and to try out any of their water sports offered at the resort.
Breakfast was sooooo delicious! I could have just stayed there to enjoy living like a princess! But anyway, it was perfectly served, for hungry people like me and my friends before we try indulging ourselves with whatever water sports we could dive into for the last hours of stay at the resort.
Well so far, I would say that I don't know how to swim even there is a life jacket on me. I still tried the parasailing; and it was the best experience I have ever done in my entire life as I was thrown back to the water after a 15-minute high up there viewing the entire island, admiring all of God's creation; seeing the fast water and the boat which pulls me with my friends down there making me on a parachute their background while they were taking their selfie-shots. Well, whatever fear I had, still had no choice, but to be splashed down to a deep-sea where I don't know how to make myself go back to the boat.
Of course, I would like to commend that abang who was so patiently "saving" me there, (coz I really could not even make myself turn back towards the boat!) embarrassing though, I don't mind at all, because it was the experience that made me so glad that even though I could not swim even a bit, I was able to experience being dropped into a deep sea from high up there! =)
Lastly, I am proud to say that our stay at the turi beach resort was "spectacularly amazing" with of course the presence of our new-found friend Singhi who was so patiently serving us, answering our queries and for fulfilling his duties like as if he owns the place and makes us feel comfortable for our stay there.
Soon perhaps during my bday, I would want to spend another "turi beach" getaway and experience the good life that we all deserve to have, at least once in a while out of our busy schedules and out of our busy lives. =)

Room Tip: choose a room facing the infinity pool and the beach view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank JeniferJen
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you very much for trusting us with your “Birthday Bash Weekend Getaway”…
I am very glad to read that you and your friends fall in love with the resort…
Appreciate your time providing public recognition to Mr. Singgih for his personalized service and detailed attention…
May you require any assistance, please contact us via antonio@nongsaresorts.com , facebook, twitter or linkedin or via P. Zaenal via fom@turibeach.com...

Look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your birthday with your family and friends…

Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had a wonderful trip to turi beach recently. We were upgraded to the beach front executive suite!

Room was so beautiful and clean and the jacuzzi was fantastic!

Loved the private dining experience where we had a wonderful dinner at the beach. Weather was not good and the service personnel had to carry our table in and out of shelter at least 3 times. we were amazed at their excellent service as they are always doing it with no complaints but always with a smile!

Massage was very good that we had one everyday.

Overall, a wonderful experience and we will definitely return again!

Room Tip: The suites are worth investing in for the trip!
    • 5 of 5 stars
Had a wonderful trip to Turi Beach recently…

Always refreshing and encouraging discovering new ways to deliver a memorable experience…

I very much appreciate your time and valuable insights…

We are very fortunate to live and work in Indonesia where welcoming guests with a smile is gracefully provided…

May you require any assistance, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com , facebook, twitter or linkedin…

A pleasure to welcome you back with your partner during your next love-bonding time…

Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Bought a Groupon deal for two for a night stay at this 'resort'. It is at best to us a chalet - a resort stay is never complete without a bathtub.

The room: standalone 'villa' with some privacy. It was rather strange that we couldn't locate the switch for the verandah light. Never mind that. It wasn't a big deal because we didn't want mosquito bites. There is a sliding door with mosquito netting so that was good. Prevented the mossies from coming in during our afternoon siesta. Room was clean and the bathroom was huge but without a bathtub. We stayed at room 231.

Check in/out: We arrived at noon and our room was ready. Contrary to what I've read here, the check in and out process was smooth. We wanted a late check-out coz the ferry back to SG was at 510pm. Alas our request was turned down. We were told there's a golf group coming in and they needed the room. We asked for a change in ferry timing because we figured time would have been better spent that way. The front desk staff was helpful in this respect.

Restaurants: Had buffet lunch at Taman Sarin on the day we arrived because ala carte was available only at 1. It cost S$48.50 for two. The dishes weren't up standard. Had ala carte at the same restaurant on the day of check-out. Not fantastic, just slightly better. Dinner was by the pool - fusion buffet. It was stated S$29++ but we weren't informed that there was a weekend surcharge of S$14.50/person when we made our reservation. It was only upon the presentation of the bill during check-out that we were informed. The fusion dinner cost S$105 for two including the weekend surcharge and taxes. The live band was entertaining but other than that, food wasn't fantastic. The Japanese Grill restaurant might be a better dining option. We haven't tried so we can't comment.

Staff: Not the friendliest given that this is a 'resort'. Took the staff a while to clear our plates during lunch and buffet.

Will we return? Not in the near future.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joshdes
Thank you very much for your review as well as for sharing your experience and expectations…
Your bathtub request is well noted for the next room upgrading program… in the meantime, all suites in the resort feature a bathtub… in addition, all suites in Riani wing features a Jacuzzi…
We always try our best to accommodate any early check-in or late check-out request unless we have other guests occupying your room the night before or on that day; on the other hand, all guests are welcome to leave their belongings in the reception and enjoy all the facilities and services of the resort until the last ferry…
Please forward to my attention via antonio@nongsaresorts.com the copy of your fusion bbq dinner invoice… I am not certain where the misunderstanding occurred… I will make sure that you are refunded for the extra amount.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was in Turi the last few days and it was awesome to stay there after so many years. There is alot of changes and it was a good to refurbish. The staff was good and helpful especially Pak zaenal. He has been of great help. I will definitely go back to Turi Beach resort for short getaway...:)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Haini74
Thank you very much for coming back to Turi Beach Resort… Very glad to read that you enjoy the changes and upgrades of the resort since your last stay…
Appreciate your personal comments on P. Zaenal – Front Office Manager… his passion and determination towards guest engagement and satisfaction is a great asset to all our guests…
A pleasure to welcome you back in 2014 for the Nongsa Lifestyle Festival…

Please contact us via antonio@nongsaresorts.com , facebook, twitter or linkedin or via P. Zaenal via fom@turibeach.com... Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas
Bellevue, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have so many wonderful things to say about this resort!

Excellent Service: The staff is very well trained, very friendly, and eager to help any way they can. They treated us like celebrities the entire time! Everyone is smiling and happy to assist you. The service at Turi Beach Resort rivals that of any 5 star hotel (and we travel often). It is obvious that customer service is a top priority here. The hotel is well staffed and they keep busy always looking for ways to assist the guests. Special thanks to Zaenal (Front Office Manager) for making sure everything was perfect.

Great Food: We really enjoyed the Nogusaya Teppanyaki Japanese Steakhouse. The food was excellent and the restaurant was lovely. The steak was perfectly cooked and delicious. The breakfast buffet at Taming Sari Café is a great way to start the day. There is something for everyone to enjoy - the omelet station was my choice! We did the Fusion BBQ one night and it was very good. I got to enjoy some of the spices and cuisine that Indonesia is famous for! During the day my husband and I enjoyed the "swim up" Aqua Bar. We had snacks and cocktails there. The bartenders were great!

Live Entertainment: The live music at dinner was wonderful, the band was excellent and the woman's voice was beautiful. The band plays a mix of American songs (I am American, so I really liked that). The music was soft and romantic, setting just the right tone for a nice dinner.

Room: Loved the room. VERY clean and spacious. We had a beachfront cottage. I would enjoy a morning coffee (included with room amenities) on the porch as I stared out to sea. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom is pretty and well appointed. Originally, we had an "ocean view", and opted to upgrade (very reasonably priced) to beach front. This is maybe an area for front desk improvement... I had to ask about an upgrade versus being offered one, we were more than willing to pay the very reasonable upgrade fee for a beach front cottage. So, consider the upgrade, it was worth it to us! The Air Con works great, our room actually got too cold if you can imagine that in the tropical jungle!

Water Sports: Great Staff ! We rented two Wave Runners for an hour. The equipment looked BRAND NEW ! My husband and I had a blast. They were fast, and very stable. I will definitely do that again. Everyone at the water sports shed was great and helpful.

Cleanliness / Maintenance: Staff is always busy making sure things are taken care of and cleaned up. For example, low tide brought in some plastic bottles that washed up on the beach, I was a little disappointed to see the litter, but in a matter of minutes (before I had to mention it to them) someone was there cleaning it up! The staff is VERY pro-active in cleaning and maintenance. They are constantly making sure things are clean and neat.....which can be VERY difficult in a tropical jungle. One small area of improvement... the shower room at the Aqua Pool needed a little attention, but that was minor. Pest control is very good here, keep in mind that it is a jungle environment so this is an endless task. The staff kept food covered at all times and kept things very clean to minimize bugs.

Pools: Awesome and RELAXING. Very clean too.

This was the perfect weekend getaway for us. The environment was peaceful, relaxing and a great value. We WILL return soon.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a beachfront cottage, very reasonable upgrade fee.
    • 5 of 5 stars
I have so many wonderful things to say about this resort…
Thank you very much for your time and valuable review…
We certainly aim and continue managing our team to provide this experience to every guest…
Receive my gratitude for recognizing the personal attention of P. Zaenal – Front Office Manager… he really loves making guests happy from beginning to end…
I personally appreciate your comments and understanding about the challenges faced every day in a beachfront jungle environment….
Please contact us directly for your next vacation via antonio@nongsaresorts.com , facebook, twitter or linkedin or via P. Zaenal via fom@turibeach.com... Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just came back from Turi Beach resort today. Would say that the first impression was very good. i kinda like how the check-in area, get you into the resort mood right away.
Hotel room was clean and maybe cos it was the weekday so there wasnt much ppl staying there.
we enjoy the quietness and space.
But the area that the resort is in is quite quiet. Good if u purely wanna enjoy the resort, bad if u wanna be accessible to the city (about 45min away). so be prepared to bring somethings on your own if u dont intend to travel far into town to get your supplies from the supermarket.
But on the whole, the place was nice and the ppl friendly.
Would recommend.
Cheers.

1 Thank AT-ML
Very glad you like and enjoy your short getaway at Turi Beach Resort…

Moving forward into the New Year, we are currently preparing a number of evening activities to complement your relaxing day experience i.e. Sunset Cruise, Night Fishing, …

Thank you very much for your time and feedback… welcome and appreciated…

May you or your network require any assistance, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com , facebook, twitter or linkedin… Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I just stayed at Turi Beach recently. This is the 3rd time I am here, the previous one being only in Jun this year. We came back because we have always liked the charm and relaxing ambience in this resort, and not too commercialized. However, there were just too many service lapses in this most recent trip.

It started at Nongsa Ferry Terminal. We arrived as per our stated schedule in the reservations, but there was no one to pick us up, along with some other guests. Instead, we were approached by staff from Montigo resort a couple of times, asking if we are staying there. We reckoned that the shuttle might be full and just left the terminal, but surely, the hotel could at least station a staff there to inform the guests. During check in, the receptionist informed us as a matter-of-fact that we will given a room with 2 single beds because I did not request for a king size bed. Excuse me, I replied that I have indicated the request in our reservation. It is only upon rummaging through the reservations forms that she then reasoned that it is still subjected to availability. I was perplexed. Was this reasoning just an excuse for the mistake she had made earlier, claiming that I did not make such request. Even if it was subjected to availability, what was the criteria? I had made the reservation more than a month ago, try checking in 3 hours before check-in time, and have a family of 3 including a toddler sharing our bed. Random allocation? The best I was offered was 3 single beds. I was disgruntled but have to accept this compromise. Oh, the staff also failed to offer us the welcome drink and WIFI access although they were part of our package. During lunch, it was total mayhem. It might be a busy day for the staff, but service was really poor. We have to wait for ages to take orders, get drinks, or in summary ask for anything. We finally settled down in our room, which was okay but the safe was not functioning. We called for our 3rd single bed which was not there and someone to repair the safe. The first one came but the other one never did. Never mind, we were all ready to enjoy the pool/ beach. We requested for beach towels at the pool counter, and guess what, the staff smiled and gestured towards the pile of used beach towels on the floor - " No more beach towels, all used up" My first thought was "what, how can this even happen?" Granted, the hotel might be fully booked, but surely, isn't this the number of guests that the hotel should be able to accommodate, including its logistics? Then came dinner. After we ate our sumptuous meal, signed for our bill, and were on our way back to the room, when a staff came running and shouting after us, claiming that we have not foot our bill. Another shock to end an eventful first day at the resort.

Luckily, we were able to make good the rest of the holiday, and kudos to be given to some staff who tries their best to provide good service. During our departure at the ferry terminal, the hotel staff who was supposed to make arrangements for our departure was missing (he took our boarding pass when we first arrived). Luckily, I kept a softcopy in my phone and was able to get the boarding pass directly from the ferry operator. This pretty ended my holiday on a bad note.

Will I come back again? Probably, because my child really loved this resort, and we have had such fond memories in our past 2 stays. But what a pity this time round, an idyllic holiday to be marred by so many service lapses probably due to the large number of guests. The hotel management should really look into how the hotel can cope with such situation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Pororo_11
Receive my personal gratitude for returning back to Turi Beach Resort in three occasions…
Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences encountered…
I have personally shared your comments with my team to ensure that we all understand the importance of good coordination, attention to detail and hassle-free stay.
I would appreciate if you could communication with me directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com for a more personalized and favourable outcome…
Look forward to receive your email at your convenience…
Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
#1 of 2 in Waterfront City
4.0 of 5 stars 1,269 reviews

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!