“Good Place to Relax and Unwind”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed for 2D1N here. We got our voucher from Groupon. It was a Sunday when we checked in. There was an event on that day. The resort was packed and crowded,then cleared out around 2pm.Staffs are very welcoming and friendly. The front desk officer was polite and helpful. We checked in early and checked out late.The room was spacious, though there were stains inside the bathroom flooring, hope you can removed it.Over all the room was comfy. There were two pools.Both are quite nice. Complimentary Breakfast was OK.
We just spend time dipping in the pool. I suggest to bring some food since it's far from the city. We enjoyed our stay here and Would definitely comeback. I would recommend this place as well to my friends.Thanks Turi!

• Stayed: October 2013
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

You are most welcome… Receive my appreciation for your time, experience comments as well as for recommending Turi Beach Resort to your friends…

Over 90% of the bathroom tiles stains have been removed… a dedicated team to complete this program currently in place…

If I can be of any assistance to you or your friends, you can reach me via antonio@nongsaresrots.com as well as facebook, twitter or linkedin… Look forward to welcome you back to Nongsa Resorts…. Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend with my family. Email received to anticipate my arrival and birthday celebration. From the ferry terminal we were welcomed by very accommodating staff. Inclusive of land transfers from the terminal to the resort which is less than 10mins away. We managed to get connecting rooms overlooking the ocean. Enjoyed swimming in both the infinity pool and beach. Food is OK nothing to rave about. Rooms are of ample size with balcony and modern decor. A bit rundown and needs to be thoroughly cleaned. Would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank meggytus

Sunshine Paradise… I love it… thank you very much…
Receive my gratitude for trusting us with your family vacation…
We very much welcome your comments and feedback while we continue increasing our resources and efforts to improve maintenance and cleanliness related notes…
A pleasure to have you and your family back during your next leisure trip…
If I can be of any assistance to you or your family, you can connect with me via antonio@nongsaresrots.com as well as via facebook, twitter or linkedin… Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas

Reviewed October 6, 2013

3 girlsfriends and I purchases a Groupon voucher and went for a 2D1N stay over the weekend. Reservations and ferry bookings were done hassle-free via email. We arrived promptly at the ferry terminal and were escorted to the resort which was less than 10 mins away. Check-in was smooth and we stayed at the Tirta wing in rooms 302 and 303. We immediately went for a dip in the pool after we settled into our rooms.

Room: The view from our rooms were amazing. We were situated right in front of the Emerald Pool and the sea was just within our gaze. However, the rooms themselves were in a downright filthy state.

Firstly, our safety deposit boxes were not working and we called for the Bell Boy to come and fix it up several times, but no one arrived. We heard excuses like the boy was busy attending to other rooms, hence, we resorted to carrying our valuables with us everywhere we went. The door to the mini-bar was not working and one light was spoilt.

Secondly, there was dust everyone, like on the floors. The bathroom was so dirty that I wore my slippers while bathing. The sink was very badly cracked (in hindsight, I believe it was used by many couples for activities that involved much more than just brushing their teeth and washing their hands). It was so badly cracked that my girlfriend actually thought that it was a design that was just orginally there. There was algae growing between the cracks and there were stains everyone. Thank god, the toilets were alright!

Breakfast: The breakfast was pretty decent and we had a someone show us to our tables right away. Can't complain about the service, it was really good.

General: If I had stayed more than a night, I would have definitely asked for a change of rooms but my girlfriends and I are not even fussy travellers and even for that one night, I was slightly disgusted! It's not like I paid really little for the Groupon, it's a pretty substantial amount for a night (99 SGD) and I feel that the rooms could have been kept in a more decent state.

You can enjoy the views and resort and ignore the state of the rooms, if you don't expect too much :)

Room Tip: Perhaps, dont choose 302 on the Tirta wing, it really semmed to be in a very bad state!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank shaminiras

Thank you very much for your time and feedback…. greatly appreciated.
Please accpet my apologies for the inconvenience cuased.
We have taken good note on all your remarks and shared them with the relevant teams for priority attention and improvement.
Wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you plan a leisure break in Nongsa, Batam with your girlfriends.
May I be of any assistance, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
Cheers… Antonio

Reviewed October 2, 2013

A good friend and I were planning on a last minute trip somewhere when we saw that there was a promotion on Groupon for Turi Beach Resort. We took a 3D2N package that included transfers from the Ferry Terminal, Daily Breakfast and 1hr massage.

First off all, if you are coming from Singapore, you may want to bring some water (aqua- that's what the Indonesians call it) with you unless you plan to head out to the city immediately after checking in as there are no shops nearby. The hotel provides 2 bottles of water in the room daily but for me, it would not be enough.

Check-ins were fairly swift but the resort is quite firm on the check-in time which is about 2pm. So if you are arriving on the morning ferry, you may be hanging around for a few hours until your room is ready. Dress appropriately for some time at the beach or the pool while you wait or you can head down to the restaurant at L2 for some Indonesian food. The food is authentic but they have cut down on the spice to cater to the western palate. Prices wise, expect Singapore prices (SGD 7-15++) for a main course and you can pay for your meal in SG Dollars. There are taxes and service charges.

The resort provides free wi-fi only at the lobby area. There are plenty of seats and tables there that are made out of solid wood for those who are using laptops.

We were very lucky to get a twin room with an unblocked view of the sea and the jetty. It was near the main pool area but fortunately was facing away from it. My review of the room:

The GOOD: Great view, decent size, good access to the pool area and because of its facing, quiet...

The BAD: The mini bar was hidden in a recess behind a mirror that was flush to the wall beside one of the beds. It was almost half a day before we found it and had a good laugh. The location of the fridge was much better suited for a safe!

The UGLY: The bathroom door handle had come off so we had to be careful when opening the doors. I think the management could have done a better job with the inspections, maintenance and repairs. However, as compared to the horrors that I've seen elsewhere in Indonesia, the overall standards here are actually quite high for an Indonesian resort.

For the second day, we wanted to head out to the Nagoya Hills area to do some shopping. I am very familiar with Batam but it was my friends first time there. We booked a taxi with the reception and took a name card from the lobby with the name and address of the hotel just in case. A trip out would cost us 130,000 rupiah (~SGD16).

The "taxi" turned out to be a very nice, very clean toyota people carrier van that could have probably taken up to 7 people. The taxi driver spoke a little bit of english and we arranged for a deal where he would pick us up at a predetermined time from nagoya hills at 170,000 rupiah (~SGD20). Most drivers would be more than happy to do this for the resort guests. In fact for 300,000 rupiah, most drivers would happily wait and fetch guests to multiple places for up to 4hrs. We didn't want to waste our time and ruin our mood haggling over taxi prices with drivers that may not speak any english so it was a good deal for us.

Meals wise, the daily breakfast had a decent selection of local cuisine and western food. There was an egg station where you can order omelettes, coffee/tea, juices. It's very good given the prices that we paid overall.

We didn't manage to utilise the spa vouchers because we simply forgot to book earlier. Try to pre-book the day before if you are picky on the timing.

Check out is at noon and the resort provides free shuttle to the ferry terminal. You will need to check with the lobby on the timings though.

Overall, it was an excellent trip! For the price that travellers pay, it is not realistic to expect 6-star hotel standards. Neither is it realistic for travellers to expect resort food to be super cheap either.

Room Tip: If at all possible, try to get the rooms / chalets that are right along the beach and or in front of...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JWTSG
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Receive my gratitude for sharing with us your stay experience with your friend…

We very much appreciate your detail feedback as well as your understanding and flexibility on those areas in need of improvement…

Please allow me to share with you that Aqua bottles are available in the boutique shop next to the Aqua pool…

We aim to have all rooms ready before arrival time although sometimes we experience challenges due to high occupancy the night before…

Wifi at no cost is offered to every guests booking directly with the resort either via email or the resort online system in our website…

Please keep the Spa vouchers for your next visit… Glad to extend the validity date…

Look forward to welcoming you back to Turi Beach Resort with your friends…

Cheers… Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our family had a 4D3N stay during the September 2013 school vacation. The journey there was smooth, quick and uneventful. We were greeted warmly by the staff and all arrangement were done efficiently. We had a connecting room with our girls and that was excellent! Our only displeasure was that our rooms were too high up and far away from the beach. We were on the 3rd Level. As my family loves the sea and sand, it would have been better if we were on the second floor. The landscape is beautiful and relaxing and we love the pool and the beach! The highlight for us was the kayaking experience. It was lovely weather and the staff were very friendly and helpful! My daughters were able to do the double kayak by themselves and they are 13 and 8 years old :) The staff were attentive and would always look out for us and help us whenever we were near the shore. The staff in the restaurants are all very friendly and polite though I must say that the quality of food could be better especially the dessert spread for the buffet! On the whole, we had a fabulous time there and we will surely visit it again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ChingLJ

Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your family vacation…

We truly appreciate your time and review...

Mr. Ramani - New Director of Food and Beverage - will certainly look out with our pastry chef what other desserts we can include in the buffet before your next visit.

If I can be of any assistance to you or your network, please contact me at your convenience via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Cheers… Antonio

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a minor booking issue which was treated with the atmost professionalism, super understanding and rapid solution.
Customers value is higly appreciated. The resort was lovely, rooms were clean and great. Food was good and the facilities were all in good condition. Batam is a great weekend getaway with good value for your money. The resort provides a shuttle going to the batam centre for shopping, cheap and good massge which is a big help. All in all, our weekend was perfect and we definitely recommend Turi beach resort and batam for people who are looking for a quick, relaxing and value for money weekend trip! :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your time, generous feedback and favourable review…

We will continue working to ensure that we provide a memorable experience to you and future guests…

Have a great week… Antonio

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Located in Batam, this island can be reached by ferry from Singapore or Malaysia within less then one hour. White sands, fresh air and good food.

This resort provide all good stuff as resort with warm service. Good buffet dinner during weekend at open air also additions items that you can consider.

Bring family or at least spouse is a must, because you should enjoy this with them but also most of guest doing the same. Although the room are quite so you can enjoy it alone

• Stayed: September 2013

Greetings from Nongsa...

Thank you very much for comparing us with Bali… greatly appreciated...

This is to show my gratitude for your review as well as for taking the time to highlight Turi Beach Resort unique selling points in your review.

Look forward to have you back in the near future.

Cheers… Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Grands I Hotel
#10 of 101 in Batam
2 mi away
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!