We were on a 3D2N short getaway trip to Batam and stayed at Turi Beach Resort. We were hoping to catch some good rest to refresh ourselves but our stay there was nothing but just frustration.
The nightmare started the moment we checked in our room.
- stains can be found on the bed sheet, comforter and the bathroom flooring. Even the silicon of the shower glass panel are filled with fungus.
- the toiletries are somehow limited: shower cap, toothbrush, all-in-one shower/ shampoo and a piece of handsoap. That's all.
- the aircon is extremely loud and took almost 2 hours to discharge some miserable cool air. (Note: despite having set the temperature at 16 degree Celsius and the fan speed to the highest level.) The hotel technician checked the aircon system twice and told us the system is working fine. We requested for the concierge for a change of room which they told us will get back to us in one hour but they never did. We later spoke to another tourist staying next door and found out that they are also facing the same issue with the aircon. We decided to give up.
- our room package came with complimentary WIFI but we only received the login details upon our request. The speed is horrible and we are facing problem logging in during the day time. Again, we decided to give up.
- we had our first lunch at the Taming Sari Café and ordered a Ayam Penyet and a Nasi Goreng Kampung (My special order to the waiter: No Beef please for my Nasi Goreng Kampung!) Halfway eating the fried rice, I found small chunks of beef in it and asked for the waiter to verify with the kitchen if they have added beef in the rice. They took the plate away and came back with the same plate telling me that they have changed the fried rice! I asked for the manager and he later came to me apologising that the kitchen had accidentally dropped chunks of beef in the rice and offered to waive the meal. Well, too bad for me!
- We decided to have a swim at the pool on our last day before we check out but the towel room was closed and we have only managed to get the towel from the Emerald Bar after waiting for 20 mins! Nothing got worse when we saw a huge dead centipede in the aqua pool which we swam in!
- we had our last lunch at Taming Sari Café and to be safe, I decided to order a fish burger. Ended up, they served me a beef burger. (Well, this time round, they have took the wrong order.)
Seriously, I can't convince myself in any ways to return to this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turi Beach Resort, Where Chic Meets Charm. Immerse yourself in this Indonesian boutique paradise and explore the beauty of nature. Nestled in Nongsa Resorts, at the northeast part of Batam Island, and 35 minutes away from Singapore by ferry and 15 minutes from Hang Nadim Airport. Set amid 7.7 Hectares of beautiful green landscaping in a tranquil tropical village, Turi Beach Resort features Modern - Minimalist accommodation in Tirta and Riani wing. All 140 rooms and suites are facing the sea being well spread over the beach front and the hillside.Turi Beach Resort is your idyllic retreat in the tropical Riau Islands amidst unspoilt beauty and fine beaches where tranquility and impeccable service are rightly yours to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia and ACCOR so you can book your Turi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turi Beach Resort Batam/Nongsa
- Turi Beach Batam
- Turi Beach Hotel Batam