“Rest & Relax”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Booked for Tirta Premier via All Deals Asia for $198 inclusive of ferry ticket for 2 pax, land transfer and free breakfast. Was upgraded to Tirta Beachfront facing the sea and pool right in front of our room. It was a short 2D1N stay with my hubby and we have had enjoyed our stay and wish that the stay could be longer.

We checked in and went to explore the area. Swam a couple of hours and played jet ski. Food was not bad and price reasonable (about Singapore pricing).

We spent the next day travelling to Nagoya for massage (Resort spa pricing is a little steep). The journey is pretty far, 45 minutes ride one way. Hotel can arrange for transport.

Nongsa is really out of the way as compare to other area. So you may wanna bring some snacks with you. Water are provided in the room (we had four 600ml bottled water in our room). Wifi is chargeable, TV has cable channels such as AXN, HBO, and Singapore Channel 8, 5, U..

Overall our stay there was good, staff was friendly. Will return soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Glad you enjoy your upgrade to Tirta Premier Beachfront facing the sea and pool right in front of your room…
Receive my personal gratitude for your comments and enjoyable feedback… greatly appreciated…
Please visit our website promotion page to avail the best available offers and packages with numerous inclusions i.e. best rate guarantee, wifi, discounts in the different areas of the resort including spa, late checkout, ect…
Look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay… Cheers… Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

There are newer reviews for Turi Beach Resort

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Vacation package was bought via Big Deal. It was my 2nd time visiting the resort with friend but this time round the staying experience really horrible and not value for money! Below were the few positive and negative encounters;

1. Arrival
Proper vehicle for transfer was provided and greeted by friendly front-desk staff upon arriving and checking-in. The lobby was clean and tidy. Drinks were served to arrival guests. Everything was good.

2. Environment
Explored the whole resort and beach. Peaceful and clean. Nice and comfortable.

3. Water Sports
Selected Jet Ski as the water activity. Quite reasonable price compared to other beach resorts, S$59+21% for 30 mins. After 5 mins of playing, the speed of the Jet Ski was gradually slow down and having no choice we went to the starting point and got the in-charge to check on the equipment. The in-charge was telling us that water has went into the equipment's motor area and they need to let the water flow out by tilting the whole equipment and he was telling us to lodge a complaint to the management so that there's a higher chance to replace the old ones. Shouldn't proper maintenance be done???? When the equipment is faulty, shouldn't they stop provide Jet Ski service???

4. the so-called " Seafood BBQ Buffet Dinner" - Outdoor Dining
Table setting and ambiance was good. Buffet started on time and we went for our 1st round of serving. At this point of time, food and table was still clean. Only 04 bbq options were given (fish, otah, tandori chicken stick and lamp chop) and the quantity was pity. Went to our seat and realized there was a "flying insect" in the soup. Minutes later, we got mosquitoes bites on our legs. Bear with the itchiness to complete the 1st serving of food. Went back 2nd time to try other food choice and to my horror, we saw huge red and black ants, bees, housefly, insects and etc either crawling or flying on the table or the food cover. It's not 1 or 2 but alot! Can you image the hygiene level of the food??? Oh ya, we spotted them in some dishes too! I have to admit that we can't control the insects from attacking the food but shouldn't the management do something about it and i believe we were not the first to complain! Definitely something can be done to improve the whole dining experience! Not value for money too!

5. T-Spa Service
Friendly receptionist and manicurist. We booked for Pedicure and Foot Spa service at $45+21%. Was directly to the area to have our service done and again, we only have disappointment. Dim light use to do pedicure. I spotted two lights on the ceiling but only 1 was switched on hence i asked why not switch on the other one as i was quite afraid that they couldn't see clearly. the reply i received was, the light was spoilt. Gosh, can't they just arrange someone to repair! As the rooms were not individually partion up to ceiling, echo can be heard when someone talks. Hence, it doesn't really allow one to be relax through the spa session.

That's all i have to share though there are more. Hopefully, the management will look into each feedback and provide the necessary solutions for it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank yumi1985
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your time and detailed feedback of your stay…
We have addressed each one of your comments with the relevant section heads to ensure that the needed corrective action is taken to avoid similar happenings in the future…
Please accept my apologies for the behaviour and reply of my water-sport staff being inadequate and inaccurate not reflecting the true picture of our maintenance plan for every equipment in the resort.
Turi Beach Resort is set amidst a jungle state surrounded by abundant lush and greenery… regular pest control is done several times a week to minimize the impact of insects in the public areas; pest control chemicals and schedules are updated every month to address the changes in weather conditions and seasonality affecting the behaviour of every insect type. We will continue working on additional actions to minimize further their impact while we provide mosquito repellent sachets in every guest room for your comfort.
Moving forward we will make sure that the buffet skirting and table cloths are far away from the floor to ensure that no insects crawl to the buffet.
The Saturday evening BBQ buffet features over 12 hot dishes including 4 or 5 live bbq items and one noodle live station amongst others… each item is cooked fresh a la minute being refilled within a five minutes scope while occasionally some items may not available subject to the guest flow.
Tspa features two flexible – portable lights used for manicure and pedicure while the ceiling lights are only used for ambience. Due to the frequent electricity cuts experienced during the week of your visit, we had to replace above 100 light bulbs in the entire resort.
I very much appreciate your insights, flexibility and understanding while we will continue working to improve every guest experience to ensure that you have a memorable time in Turi Beach Resort.
May I be of any assistance in the future, please contact me directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
Cheers… Antonio

Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you are looking for an affordable, comfortable, rustic place w a nice view to chillax, this is a place you should be. One would feel so great waking up to the morning fresh air from the sea... And what more, all the rooms in this hotel faces the sea, so you dont have to worry if your view is blocked by things. Room is comfortable, like how you would expect of a chalet or resort. The receptionist are polite and converse very well in English. Turi Resort accepts both Indo Ruppiah and SGD, so I dont have to worry about the finances. Breakfast is alright at Taming Sari Restaurant located in the middle of the 2 wings. Awesome view, no less.

If you are hooked to your devices, you have to pay for WIFI at $3/hr or $20/day.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Receive my personal appreciation for loving Turi Beach Resort while having a relaxing and chill out stay… Wifi in all resort areas is included in offers featured in our website landing page www.turibeach.com; in addition, we are finalizing the technical set up for a free Wi-Fi area for all guests in the lobby within the month of July. If I can be of any assistance to you or your network in the future, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers… Antonio

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were allocated 2 twin size bedrooms which I have requested for one king size b/r n one twin sharing connecting. After confronting the Front Desk, I was transferred to the new wings but the power tripped at least 5 times. As the haze was at hazardous level, my family decided to stay indoor, however, the power keep tripping, it is really hot n unbearable. I called the FD n complaint and they told me is not their responsibilities as the whole batam is having power failure which is not true. When my family n I went to the pub,the airconditioning is running and the music is playing. So the reception is lying to me. Very unpleasant trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Sjjjs

Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging your review earlier. We very much understand and sympathized with the way you feel about your stay. During the week of your stay, we have received between 8 to 10 power supply cuts a day resulting in erratic malfunctions of the genset electric panel distribution board sometimes affecting Riani Wing, sometimes affecting Tirta Wing. With all my respects, we never lie to you while I can understand that your experience could lead you to believe so. Regarding your room request, I am not certain if you were aware of the upgrade fee to king size bed at the time of purchasing the voucher resulting in providing you with a twin bed room as stated in the original purchased voucher. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly next time you plan a leisure break in Batam via antonio@nongsaresorts.com to provide you with a more personalized and favourable outcome to address the points mentioned above. Look forward to welcoming you back to Turi Beach Resort. Cheers… Antonio

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I bought a 2D1N deal all in one with ferry & accomodation. When I reached Nongsapura ferry terminal, we went to the Nongsa Counter to inform our timing for the ferry home. The van came to fetch us and the journey to the resort take less than 10 mins. When we checked in, the reception informed us to deposit S$50 which will be returned on the checkout day. I've upgraded to Tirta Premier Beachfront and had to pay additional S$60. As it was raining, one of the staff fetch us to our room with a mini van.

The room is great as its just at the beachfront and spacious. The bathroom is nice as well. There's a front porch with 2 chairs and small round table. The upgrade was definitely worth it. As it was raining the whole day and night, we were unable to venture out and even ordered dinner via room service. The food & drink quite pricey and in S$. I did not change any rupiah dollars as I've checked beforehand that they accept S$ as well. The food was not bad and the tv shows were okay.

On the checkout day, we woke up early for buffet breakfast which was part of the deal which I bought. The food spread was not bad. The view was nice while we ate and after that, we walked around to check out the resort. They had renovation going on the other side of the resort. There was this long jetty which was closed due to the rainy season. As we walked along the beach, there was a worker who was clearing the seaweed from the seawater. It was dirty too so its unsuitable for swimming. Water sport activities like jetski is also available but not sure about the price. There are hammocks and small hut shelter along the beach. The swimming pool looks nice and clean. There wasnt much crowd as it was a Monday. One more thing about this resort is that it is further from the town area so we didnt plan to go out to town for any shopping. This trip was meant to be a relaxing one.

Overall, the experience was nice. The resort is very quiet and relaxing, maybe because it was a Sun & Mon stay. You need to bring more cash in case you might want to spend on the food, activities or spa in the resort. I will definitely go this resort again if I want a relaxing holiday, just chilling and doing nothing.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Prisca D
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

“Chill-out and do nothing” sounds like the perfect plan to experience for many of our guests including you… I am sorry that the weather back in January was not on your side… During the monsoon season we experienced increased amounts of seaweed that we daily remove from the private beach… Riani Wing, Aqua Pool Bar and Jetty are back to normal operational again; thank you very much for your understanding during this period… Good to have you back during your next chill-out break in Batam and enjoy a great weather and the newly improved areas. Cheers… Antonio via antonio@turibeach.com

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel provides land transfer service which stated in its website. Everything was smooth and we had an enjoyable stay. My kids like to play with sand and as an adult, I had to apply sunscreen for kids and held an umbrella because there is not many trees at the beach. On sunny day, it is very hot.

The hotel buffet breakfast was fine except its coffee seemed not filtered thoroughly.

The lunch buffet we had was ok only and convenient since we did not go to city shopping plaza.

I found that actually we do not have to exchange currency since they accept SGD. If paid with Rupiah cash, it is not worth as the rate is more expensive.

The Batam time is one hour behind Singapore and the sun rise on June was 6 am. I felt I have more time to prepare children stuff:) We booked an earlier time of ferry as want to reach sweet home earlier before evening. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2013

A pleasure to read your review as well as your stay insight valuable tips and comments for other guests. We take good note on the coffee remark for review and improvement… For those guests that need to exchange Singapore dollars into another currency, there is a new currency exchange counter in our Nongsapura Ferry Terminal next to the new ferry operator Wave Master. Glad to welcome you and your family back during your next leisure getaway. Cheers. Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I actually would rate TURI Beach Resort higher then Montigo Resort at nongsapura, My title above says it all. I was enchanted by the fantastic and beautiful property. All the staffs there are polite and friendly. Service standard, hands down, 1 of the best that I ever had.
A place I highly recommend to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Get the beach front room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marvinomc

Receive my personal gratitude for taking the time to share your ENCHANTING EXPERIENCE at Turi Beach Resort. We are very pleased and honoured with your feedback. In the meantime, we will continue working to ensure that we can deliver another memorable experience during your next stay. Feel free to contact me at your convenience if I can be of any assistance for you, your family and friends via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers. Antonio

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
#2 of 2 in Waterfront City

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!