“Totally Awesome!”

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Totally Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

3D2N short getaway. Stayed in a Tirta premier room at level 2. Real nice and spacious room with fantastic seaview. Sadly, Riani Wing area was undergoing some upgrading works and the Aqua Bar I was looking forward to was closed. Fridge in the room wasn't working and resort staff offered to send ice over without hesitation. Island Bar jetty was also under maintenance but bar still in operation. Had dinner at Taming Sari Café, nice music, nice view, nice ambience, basically nice everything. Food was okay. Breakfast buffet spread was rather limited though. Went for an hour of comfy Indonesian Massage at Tspa. Staffs were all very friendly and courteous throughout our stay. Really don't mind going there again!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review. Thank you very much for your kind comments and favourable feedback. Please be informed that Riani Wing, Aqua Pool Bar and The Jetty are operational again. We highly appreciate your flexibility and understanding during your last stay. Please contact me directly next time you wish to experience the new Riani Wing via antonio@nongsaresorts.com and I will provide you with a personalized pre-opening pack. With best regards. Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I attended a conference at the beach resort. I was pretty excited when I arrived - looked like a nice resort and being so close to Singapore where I live, I was imagining coming back for a weekend getaway. Common areas seemed pretty nice, but the room was really disappointing. This property has not been well maintained. I was prepared based on reading other reviews, but was disappointed to find the bathroom was not cleaned. The trash from the previous guest was not cleared out and just looked hastily cleaned in general (some possibly lizard poo on my basin that wasn't cleaned even after i'd asked my room to be cleaned properly). Pillows were the lumpiest i'd ever slept on - all 4 in my room. Food was so-so - granted we were eating buffets for every meal. In any case, I wouldn't return, which is a shame since I really wanted to like this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review earlier. This is to show my gratitude for taking the time to share your stay experience with us during your conference. We continue working closely together with the housekeeping team to improve their skills and supervision to avoid similar experiences in the future. Glad to welcome you back next time you plan a relaxing break in Batam. With best regards. Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
Sin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

1st day - Service was good. Was shown to the room. Went straight to the pool and had dinner at Taming Sari. Was escorted to the seat and had our dinner. Cleared our plates promptly. Next day breakfast, all was OK too.

2nd day - We went for dinner again at the same restaurant, this time we were not seated indoor. No explaination was given why we were ushered to the Japanese Retaurant and was left halfway between the 2 restaurants. My guess was they were having a 'private function'?? Or coz we did not intend to have buffet but wanted ala-carte instead???

Upon reaching the restaurant the waiter was clueless when we told them we wanted to have the western food instead of Japanese. He seated us inside and only to be told by another waiter, that only Japanese food consumption is allowed inside. So... we had to change to outdoor seats.

2nd day breakfast is just like our dinner experience. Cutleries was not set-up. We had to ask for it. No pro-active/attentive staffs.Those with kids, be prepared to bring your own cups and plates for your lil ones. They do not provide plastic utensils for them.

Pool is great!! But the poolside service staff was not attentive at all. Shortage manpower I guess. No one walked ard the pool to offer a glass of ice water or anything. We had to walk to the bar area to ask for the menu.

All in all, great view. Far from the busy town which I love. Nice big spacious rooms. Dats it.

I travelled with 2 toddlers aged 3 and 2yo. I suggest, the resort do someting to make it more children friendly coz I do see alot of families with very young kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review. I very much appreciate all your comments, feedback and recommendations while we understand your mix feelings experience during your stay. We will continue working on each of your remarks to ensure that you love us as much as you love your big city next time you visit Turi Beach Resort. If I can be of any assistance until then, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com With best regards. Antonio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

If looking for a nice place to stay on Batam, stay somewhere else! They did allow us an early check-in (around 9am). After taking us to our room, we found it was DIRTY!! Toilet was not clean, stains on bathroom walls that easily wiped off if someone actually bothered to clean, and ants all along bathroom floor. Porch had not been swept; as if no one had stayed in this room for months! We asked to switch rooms and they took us to the new wing. Again, we found ants crawling on the bedroom floor this time and IN THE SHEETS!!!! We stepped on some of the ants and about 50 swarmed up from the floor. We informed management we would not be staying here and they convinced us to see a third room. Again, ants on the floor. They promised they could clean, change sheets, and spray for bugs. They did and we didn't see a bug again. However, we did not receive any discount or bonus. Rooms are not sealed to outside so anything can get in! Restaurants/ food very limited and expensive. Litter floating in the water and no one swam in the water, only the pool. We followed suit in case they were aware of something we weren't. Staff seem to stay at the resort, so you will see the same people again and again. Would not recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Inspect room upon arrival. Lots of ants crawling on floors/ even in sheets
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank uwoutdoors
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your review. I am truly sorry to read your comments. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly with all the details of your booking stay via antonio@nongsaresorts.com to provide you with a more personalized reply and favourable feedback - outcome. In the meantime, I had shared all your comments with my team and the pest control contractor for correction. Regarding the employee comments, only guests actually stay in resort while our staff lives around Batam. Thank you very much for your time and understanding. With best regards. Antonio
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed in Turi beach resort for 2 days. I reached resort at around 11:00 am whereas check-in starts at 2:00pm, but staff let us do early check-in as the room was available. Room was clean and beach facing, which I guess all rooms are. It has nice pool, kids had lot of fun. Resort offers many activities like Spa, Adventure activities like Banana boat ride, Kayake, Wall climbing, bungee jumping etc. I got Indonesian Urut massage which was good but not value for money. You can get better massages at lesser price outside. Banana Boat ride, Jet skiing and Kayake are good activities to try.

Breakfast provided so many options for vegetarians also.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nitin_sharma22
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. Thank you very much for sharing your family enjoyable stay experience with us. Whenever possible and subject to availability, we aim to have all rooms ready prior to every guest arrival. We continue adjusting the breakfast buffet with your comments and expectations to ensure a great start every morning. Glad to welcome you back during your next leisure family break in Batam. Cheers. Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked for a long weekend, and really wish we'd done Bintan instead. Location wise, when you take into account long queues it felt much more inconvenient to get to than resorts we've stayed at in Bintan. For SGD443 per night I would have expected a higher standard of room and a higher standard of resort. We were given a room with single beds, and no option to change to a king size bed. There was mould in the bathroom, and the shower temperature was temperamental - turning up the temperature turned down the pressure. Limited choice of restaurants, with average quality food. The main pool was closed for renovations, which we weren't advised of on booking. One saving grace was the water sports - reasonably priced and kept the kids (big and small) entertained for ages.

Room Tip: On check in request your bedding options
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. I am really sorry to read that we could not stand up to your expectations during your long weekend vacation. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly with all the details of your booking stay via antonio@nongsaresorts.com to provide you with a more specific reply and favourable feedback. With best regards. Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here for a night with my family. We booked 2 rooms and was put up at the newly renovated Riani wing. The resort has 2 wings, Tirta and Riani wings. The rooms where we were put up at were pretty far from the main lobby area but we were offered a free shuttle van to ferry us to and fro our rooms. It was OK with the free shuttle service but if ever we decided to walk to the main lobby, it is quite a fair bit of walking distant (especially if you have old folks in the traveling party). The resort has 2 swimming pools but the one on the Riani wing side is closed for renovation. Breakfast spread was OK. Beach is clean and water is clear. Resort offers a shuttle service to Batam Center (Megamall) for a small fee of Rp40,000 per person one-way. In terms of accessibility of the resort, the Riani wing isn't very accessible because of the walking distance to the main building with a few flights of steps to the top level where the lobby is.

Room Tip: Riani wing comprises of wooden cottage rooms while the Tirta wing comprises of 'modern' conc...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Khairman
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. Glad to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and like the newly renovated rooms in Riani Wing. May you or any other guest bring along friends or family with any walking challenges, please let us know during the reservation process and we will try our best to accommodate your accommodation in Tirta Wing close to the lift area. Please be informed that the Aqua pool improvement project has been completed and it will be available again this weekend. Thank you very much for your time and valuable comments. Cheers. Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
#2 of 2 in Waterfront City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,629 reviews

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!