“Just for relaxing”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed December 6, 2012

booked 3 rooms 2 days and 1 night from Sg Deals.Had a hard time during check-in. Arrived at Turi Beach Resort approx at 0830hrs (indonesia time). I was informed, one of the rooms was not available till 12 pm. I've booked the rooms since September, how can it be fully accommodated? One of the staff Masnawi, he was very patient in explaining the situation to my aunts. Unlike other 5 stars resorts or hotel, quite shocked to learned that we have to paid S$8/per pax for a shuttle service to a shopping center. 3 hours of a 7 seater cars with a driver cost S$50. The journey to seafood restaurant was around 45 min. My aunt was constantly looking at her watch. We had our lunch, bought kueh lapis at the same location and went for massage for roughly 2 hrs. Forget about the shopping trips. The whole trips cost us S$85. Love the room concept with the balcony facing the sea.The rooms was spacious and splendid. I would prefer to stay in the resort and enjoy the pool.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Xmas greetings from Batam! This is to show my appreciation for your time and valuable comments. Our aim is to have all rooms clean and available for all our guests before their arrival. Sometimes due to high occupancy the night before or guests checking out closer to midday, we may have not all rooms ready before 14 pm. We advise our guests to leave their luggage in reception after their arrival and start their vacation by the beach or in the pool or with a Spa treatment. Shopping tours or city tours are available for both private and public sharing depending on guest selection. Please contact me next time you plan to visit Batam via antonio@nongsaresorts.com and we will try our best to provide you with a leisure plan to satisfy you and your family. Cheers. Antonio

Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We checked in to Turi on Monday 19 Nov. The lobby is very welcoming, open concept with a great sea view. Immediately make you feel like you have chosen the right place for a good getaway. We booked a Tirta Premier Beachfront room. The room we got (Room 101) is right in front of the pool but is certainly not beachfront... it has a tiny bit of seaview from my balcony area. There are rooms with much better view down the row or on the second/ third level. The room is of a comfortable size, the floor has stains,, the bathroom especially the shower area is big... The rain bath is very good... The king size bed is soft and comfy. We explored the resort walking along the sidewalk to Nongsa Point, wanted to go to the jetty but it's closed off (not sure why). Went up the Island Bar and the staff are setting up for an event and when we asked, they politely told us it's booked for the night. Sad,, we wanted to have satay and drinks there... we walked in to the spa without pre-booking and got a 1 hour massage...quite exp coz it's in SGD... massage is only so-so nothing fantastic but does serve the holiday relaxation purpose.... we went for dinner at Taming Sari Cafe... oh the japanese teppanyaki restaurant is closed on Mon too. The food is not too bad.. I had the chicken chop.. taste okay.. price is okay too... then we went to the Yacht Club for a drink.. it's good going on a weekday because it's not crowded, you have the pool table to yourself.. and a quiet place for drinks.. and they do have karaoke rooms too.. if i knew, i would have gone there earlier. Breakfast the next morning was of a good variety.. the normal cornflakes, danish pastries, bread, egg station, noodles, porridge, sausages, bacon, baked beans, pancakes, hash browns, roti prata, noodles soup, yoghurt and fruits..we went for a swim.. the swimming pool is like the best highlight of the trip.. beautiful pool that overlook the sea... and because there is not a lot of people, we practically have the pool to ourselves and plenty of beach chairs to choose from... I didn't want to leave the pool and check out... On a overall, don't go expecting a 5 star resort and picking on every little thing and you will like it there...

Room Tip: ask for rooms further down the row past the swimming pool for a better view...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shichs1982
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Season’s greetings from Turi Beach Resort! All your comments and remarks are very welcome and appreciated. Regarding the stains in the tiles, we are currently re-polishing the tiles in every room to remove all built-in stains during the construction of the rooms. The jetty is currently under refurbishment to ensure an enhanced experience once is completed. Occasionally we may have a private function in one of the outlets… please accept my apologies for not being able to use the Island Bar on that day due to a private function. Look forward to welcoming you back in Nongsa during your next leisure break in Batam. Cheers. Antonio

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Booked TIRTA PREMIER BEACHFRONT directly through their website:

Prepayment : SGD 14.32. Balance payable at hotel : SGD 158.93.
However, was charged SGD 14.32 + 170.79 when bill arrives!

On arrival, there's a van to fetch us to the hotel in 5 mins. A ginger welcome drink. Waited till 1:30pm for the room, and was given the lowest level corner room. Was extremely disappointed, as it lacks both seaview and poolview. Went back to counter to ask for a change. This time round, was given a third level room at the very opposite end, with a partial seaview and no poolview. Ok, forget it, so much for the so called "beach front". Seems that the staff is being biased, as a caucasian/indonesian couple besides us checking in was given room that smacks in the middle, which has both seaview and beachview. What's more, the resort is low in occupancy when we went there. The plus point is that the room has a high ceiling, giving it a spacious feeling. The bath room floor is dirty, and there are ants. The basin is tilted sideways, and looks as if it's going to break and topple anytime.

Besides lazing in the the pool, there are other beach activities offered, such as parasailing, snorkeling, etc. The beaches aren't clean. Don't mistook them for black stones, they are actually oil blobs. Dinner was a huge disappointment. S$25pax for seafood buffet. The prawns and small crabs don't taste fresh and has a soggy feel to it. Should have tried the japanese restaurant beside it.

The 1.5 hr massage costs S$150 for 2 persons. When asked about the different types of massage, the explanation was simple. For xyz massage, we use thumbs. For abc massage, we use thumbs and elbows. For def massage, we use palms. Ok, you get the picture! The massage on the whole is rather good, with strong "presses".

On the whole, the room allocation and food could be improved.

Room Tip: As the rooms start from 1 to 16, and the floors from 1-4, choose the ones in the middle as they offe...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beesk
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you very much for your time and comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at antonio@nongsaresorts.com and I will make sure that we provide you with a satisfactory and personalized feedback. Sincerely yours. Antonio

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was pleased that the resort was just a five-minute drive from Nongsa Ferry terminal... so coming over from Singapore's Tanah Merah was a piece of cake. Plus the terminal was pretty quiet and efficient. The resort isn't super luxurious or anything, but it is clean and comfortable. The rooms are spacious (in the old wing - new wing was under construction at the time this was written). The pool/bar area is really relaxing and pleasant. There was another, older pool with a bar in it. That was under renovation along with the new rooms on that side... Looks like it could be a while before it opens. Our rooms despite facing the pool were quiet and had a lovely balcony to relax. You do need mozzie spray so don't forget that! Down by the pool, there is a bar with some bar-type snacks (wings, fries etc) and there are gazebos dotted around. They are lovely to just chill in... especially if there's bit of rain. The pool is also a nice size and the lounge chairs/towel situation is very comfortable.
In terms of food, the dishes are around $15+ each. Breakfast was part of our package and had a big selection of local items (noodles, fried rice etc.) The usual eggs etc were also available. The food isn't super amazing, but it's quite yummy. Ok for a couple of days. Just be open to paying quite a lot for something that you can get in a hawker for a third of the price.
We didn't really take part in any activities in the sea... but there are a lot of options. The sea itself isn't as murky as I thought it would be... though I'm not sure I'd want to really hang out in it if I'm not doing a specific activity (like jet skiing or something.) But it's ok because the pool which is right next door is really pleasant... and there's grassy grounds surrounding it which gives it an expansive, open feel.
What would I bring:
Mozzie spray
Snacks - There's a "mini mart" at the next resort about 10 minutes walk away. But the shop at Turi doesn't have a good selection and it's overpriced.
Water - again, unless you want to drink the mineral they supply which is a random Indonesian brand, or walk to the shop, I would bring some.
What to do:
Sleep. The beds are super comfy. The rooms are spacious. You don't feel like you're missing out on any great seascapes/activities. It's a lovely place to just chillax. Also in the gazebos by the pool/sea.
Water sports if you're really into it/wanna brave the sea.
Swim - lovely pool.
Booze - you get one litre from Singapore duty free and you can take half-open bottles home. The cocktails/selection at the resort isn't great. Especially the wine.
Spa - I had a massage that was included with my deal. Not sure I'd pay for a massage if it wasn't included. The spa is big, and the service is decent. It's clean. The ginger tea is AWESOME.
All in all, I would go back if I just want a break from the city, and to relax and sleep and chill by a nice pool all day.

Room Tip: The lobby is on the fourth floor. So if you want a room that you can walk to from that floor (in the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank rainmoonearth

It is our aim to provide a remarkable experience while we acknowledge and appreciate all your observations. They have been shared amongst the relevant teams and individually reviewed for action and improvement. Please accept my sincere apologies for not providing you with the expected experience. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at antonio@nongsaresorts.com next time you plan a leisure break in Turi Beach Resort. Sincerely yours. Antonio

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Me and my friend booked 4 Tiarta rooms from Agoda. We reached the hotel at 9.15am Batam time and check-in. As rooms will only be ready by noon, we went out and came back at 4pm. Then Hotel said there are no more rooms available!!!!! They said they will transfer us to Nongsa Point, a hotel just next door. They gave us 2 villas (2 bedroom each). But I had checked the prices before. We paid more for Turi Beach than if we were to book Nongsa Point directly. They are downgrading us!! And we cannot do anything about it. They can only compensate us via free lunch. Hotel had the audacity to say they cannot guarantee us the room we booked if we booked online! FACT is they are overbooked.
And the rooms at Nongsa were terrible. See my review on Nongsa Point.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank hlmh
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

We very much appreciate your time and feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you and your friends. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at antonio@nongsaresorts.com and I will make sure that you are not disappointed again. Sincerely yours. Antonio

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Bought this from dealssg.com. Went with 2 of my close friends to celebrate her birthday. For the price that we paid, I would say that it was definitely value for money..

Do not expect those 5-star kind of hotels condition. However, I have to say the standard of service was pretty good. From the reception to the bellboy, everyone greeted us and seems like they were happy to see us.

The best part of this trip was actually the food. It was splendid.. Words are not enough to describe. You gotta eat it to believe..

Altogether, I would probably rate this 3.8/5..

Would I return again? Maybe, if they did a major renovation to the hotel..
Other than that, everything else was fine..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nadya M

Thank you very much for your time and kind comments. Glad to welcome you back in Turi Beach Resort once Riani Wing upgrading program is completed in early 2013 to experience the new premier accommodation. Cheers. Antonio

Reviewed October 25, 2012

(Please note travel date: 8/6/2011 - 8/8/2011, am compiling my reviews on agoda to tripadvisor)

stayed at new wing, the rooms are not that new cos it was renovated quite sometime ago. scratches and stains on the floors, some mould in the bathroom but overall all is still good, everything worked well and rooms are cleaned daily. we had a good time. this place is 98% singaporean visitors (we are from sin), so it is just a skip and a hop away for us. so not a place to go if you are looking for cheap food/get away from singaporeans. even their cable tv has sin fta channels!! everything is charged in sgd, no need to bring rupiah :> food is good, i recommend alacarte indonesian fare & the teppanyaki rather than the usual buffet stuff. good variety for breakfast, includes american spread plus asian spread (prata was featured when i was there). massage was decent enuf - about sgd70++ per pax inclusive tax. services - ok, you get what you ask for. overall i'm satisfied with the hotel & recommend friends to stay there. lift - this is the only resort i went to that has a lift/elevator, gives u a vantage point of the surroundings when you are at the 4th floor lift lobby.

Dislike: A family that brought their mahjong set and was playing mahjong at night at their veranda!

Room Tip: Tip: Beach aint that great for swimming, but we did take some great pictures.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GLEE76

This is to show my appreciation for taking the time to provide us with your stay feedback. We are currently re-polishing the tiles in every room in Tirta Wing to remove all built-in stains during the construction of the rooms. In addition, the new room division team has increase the frequency of the preventative maintenance cycle to minimize any other maintenance related notes. We took good note of the remaining comments and share them with the respective teams. With best regards. Antonio

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Grands I Hotel
#10 of 101 in Batam
2 mi away
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!