“3D2N Getaway Trip (14th Jun - 16th Jun)”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Upon reaching the ferry terminal, the welcome team from Turi Beach resort was already there and made the necessary arrangement for us to be transported to the resort itself. Personally I feel that this is good as we do not habe to walk around and ask for more directions and the staff was friendly.

After which, we were then send to the resort in a bus which was fairly comfortable. Once we arrive at the resort, we were amazed with the scenery and proceeded for our check in. Staff was friendly and answered all our questions. We then checked in to our room at the Tirta Wing and our room was on the second level and had a great view of the sea and the pool was just below us. The paths are all linked to the pool area and the restaurant.

Our room was fairly clean however stains can still be seen on the flooring in the room as well as the toilet. Better housekeeping would be a plus to their awesome location. Pool experience was ok and there are a place for you to rent your pool towels(penalty of S$25 ea if it is lost). Most of the stuff there are in Singapore currency but you can also request to pay in rupiah as well not much issues about that.

During this trip, we took a cab to town on our first day and the shuttle bus service on our second. The trip to Mega Mall is around 25 - 35 mins and food there is fairly cheaper than the ones you would find in the resort itself. Breakfast buffet in the resort itself is ok, Asian varieties are avaliable there and the food is acceptable. The restaurant itself has a view of the sea and it's is clean as well however expect some flies around as it is an open area.

Overall, I would say this is a nice experience and I would visit it again. If I'm not wrong, the Riani Wing is currently undergoing renovations and I hope it would be a good upgrade. Give it a try if you want to have a getaway from the busy city life. ;)

2  Thank kikshats
Sumantri E, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Dear kikshats
Thank you very much for your support and review about your experience at Turi Beach Resort, your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am delighted to share that resort has improved even more in many aspect of product and we will continue to improve it especially in guest’s experience. We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels

As today the General Manager we invite you to visit our website, if you wish to learn more about our update and improved resort, please kindly contact me direct for your next visit

On behalf of Turi Beach Resort team, we all look forward to having you and your family or friends back with us soon.

Sumantri Endang

Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at Turi beach last year on a "girls trip" - we were on a budget so had found deals on Groupon. We had a great time and even got told off for making too much noise at night ---- OOPS! The pool is good and the restaurant was ok too. A little pricey but there are other places to eat. I found the staff very helpful although we had a few problems at check out they resolved everything very quickly and stayed friendly! Great value with our vouchers! The bad reviews here made me think I was going for a quick break to hell but it really isn't like that. The rooms were nice and clean and the restaurant was very clean too. If you have trouble walking then ask for a room close to the pool. This isn't a 5* place but it doesn't claim to be. Batam is on the way up I think.... I've stayed in two different places of completely different styles and enjoyed both. The ferry is also super easy. If you can ignore the old perverts going to find young girls to pay for sex then Batam is actually quite a nice break.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are nice.... let the hotel know if you have trouble walking as some rooms are set ver...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Carly A

Dear Carly A

Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

I just came back today with my boyfriend for a 3d2n getaway. After reading all the bad reviews here about the resort, i was expecting the trip to be a not so splendid one. But i got it wrong, it was superb!

I was in Tirta wing room 206 during my stay. Good view of the pool, nice high ceiling, spacious room. Though the shower flooring was a teeny bit stained n rusty, ii feel it was still acceptable for a beach resort.

Staff were friendly. Could see that they attempted to converse in English as much. The most important thing was to smile, n they did just that. Staff at the sea sports hut were very friendly. Prices were acceptable. Alot of sea sports to choose from.

If you are looking for a short relax stay away from city life at an affordable price, this is the place. There r hammocks around, gazebo huts with cushions facing the sea. Best to b thr on non-peak days i guess, then you wont be rushing for the hammocks n huts.

Good for couple who is on a tight budget. Just bring in cup noodles if u plan to not spend too much! or drive to the nearest kelong or try golden prawn seafood for a cheap n satisfying meal. This is not krabi or bali, just expect a simple getaway. :)

4  Thank Zyzyzy
Sumantri E, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2015

Dear Zyzyzy

Sea, sun and nature greetings from Turi beach Resort!

Thank you very much for your review about your experience at Turi Beach Resort, your feedback is very much appreciated.

On behalf of Turi Beach Resort team. We all look forward to having you and your loved one back with us soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Not friendly. Bad customer service. Did not greet guest. I say the dinner buffet just so-so. Not many varieties. Not worth the money.

1  Thank Fzy
Sumantri E, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2015

Dear Fzy

Thank you for your constructive feedback on TripAdvisor.I apologise for the discrepancies in our attention to detail, points are taken on some area mentioned for our improvement. I hope you do return to stay in the future, when improvements will be evident

Once again, thank you for your caring share and we always hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I went there on Saturday and stayed for only one night, nevertheless, I had a pretty enjoyable stay at Turi beach resort.

The staff were friendly and helpful in attending to our request and questions and their service is really excellent!

However, my rooms were located in the old wing area (cabana style); and we had to climb a super steep slope every time we go back to our room.

There isn't much food to choose from; the restaurant offer either buffet or a la carte style ordering. However, even though the variety is limited, the taste of the food is great and tasty! Even though I stayed there for only 2d1n, I actually had 3 buffets during my entire stay! Hahaha ;p

*If you visit on a Saturday, do try their fusion bbq outdoor bbq; its' pretty decent and interesting!

There is 2 swimming pools in the resort; I prefer the one in the new wing cause I like the overflow design; and plus you can have drink + tan + swim all at the same time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the new wing seems more accessible.....
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gena88

Dear Gena88

Sea, sun and nature greetings from Turi beach Resort!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Good experience:
- Excellent beach view
- Very helpful and cheerful staffs
- Good place to chill for a night

Bad points:
-Limited choices of food
-Room is slightly run down and dirty

They do provide a shuttle bus to Mega mall where you can find Kuey Lapis but you need to pay a S$8 for a two way trip. You are restricted to a less than 2 hrs shopping in the mall for this shuttle service.
In an overall conclusion the service is excellent. But i will visit them again after they do a slight improvement to their rooms.

Room Tip: Please choose the new tiara rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sanvin08
Sumantri E, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2016

Dear Sanvin08
Greetings from Turi Beach Resort!

Thank you very much for support and your review about your experience at Turi Beach Resort, your feedback is very much appreciated.
Please accept our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations and for the discrepancies in our attention to detail. Certainly we do understand your disappointment points are taken on some area mentioned for our improvement.

We realize that in staying at Turi Beach Resort, you have every right to expect only the very best of service. It is indeed a source of sadness to me personally that we did not deliver these expectations. We do however intend to learn from our mistakes and do all we can to continually improve the quality of our guests’ experience.

It is our commitment to achieve high level of guest satisfaction but when mistakes occur and unfortunate situations happen, it is frustrating for everyone.I hope you do return to stay in the future, when improvements will be evident.

Thank you very much for your valuable time and kind understanding. Please email me directly next time you visit our resort.

With best regards

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Just came back from a 2D1N stay at Turi Beach Resort - 19th to 20th May. My partner and I were looking for a short getaway from the our busy city-lifestyle and bought the coupons from deals.sg. We think that it's a pretty good deal which consist of 2 return-way ferry tickets, 1 night stay at Turi Beach Resort, 2 -way land transfer and breakfast for 2 for around SGD89 per person. Not to say, taxes etc were not included.

We took a 9am ferry out of sg and reached Turi at around 9am batam-time. We were there way before our check-in time which is 2pm and there isn't anything much to do. It's a definitely a good place if one is looking to relax the body and mind. We were given a premier room at Tirta Wing which i believe is the newer side of turi beach resort. Best of all, my room is located at the ground level, facing the pool. Could be that it's a low-peak season, even though it is facing the pool, it ain't as noisy as i thought it will be. The room is spacious but kinda dirty. There's stains on the toilet floor and the curtain seems dirty too.

Overall, with the price we paid, my partner and I were pleased with our stay through the help of the lovely and friendly local staffs.

Tips:
1. get yourself prepared with insect repellant!
2. Book a cab to a nearby kelong for dinner if you're a seafood-lover. it's just 15mins drive away and it was recommended by the staff of turi beach resort. cheap and gd!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ReneTraveler

Dear ReneTravele

Sumantri Endang

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Grands I Hotel
#10 of 101 in Batam
2 mi away
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!