“Overpriced and poorly maintained rooms”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights in a tirta premier room. Room was very poorly maintained. Stains on bedsheet, pillow covers, paper lamp, toilet floor, room tile flooring. Bed sheet had cigarette burn holes too. No hand and face towels in room. Toiletries was minimal with one bottle to be used as both shampoo and body wash. Disappointing.

Couldn't hardly see the keyhole for the door at night as there weren't any lamps at the door. We had to rely on the light from our mobile phone to look for the keyhole.

It's a pity that this place is not well maintained as the environment is pretty nice with the clear beach water. However pool seemed unclean too as I could see particles in it. Pool bar was empty at times with no staff at all.

Food at one of the international restaurants was acceptable, we had Indonesian food and buffet breakfast there. We had western food at the other jap/international restaurant nogusraya and food quality was poor for the price.

Won't be back again.

Won't be back again.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank thum01
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2011

Season’s Greetings from Turi Beach Resort!

Please accept our sincere apologies for not replying your review earlier.

We are sorry to read that your stay did not match your expectations.

I would appreciate if you could email me personally to provide you with a more personalized feedback and appreciation.

There are newer reviews for Turi Beach Resort

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Honestly, I had been to this resorts for already 6 times and I should say that since the very beginning, it gave me the first impression of "WOW" this is so much different compared to the resorts that I have been.. I love to travel reasons is to relax or to distress myself from work, away from the city even if just a weekend holiday, to me its beneficial as when I go back to work the following week, I have fresh look and I be able to think or plan ahead whatever I needed to do.

Well, this Turi Beach resorts, I should humbly said, whoever will come across and try for the first time, you will always on keep coming back coz I have been few of batam resorts name it and I believe I have been. But this resorts , Indeed, it's a great or ideal to try your nex trip coz besides it's value of your money, their warm and bubly customer service, it's excellent. The cleanliness, I have no comments at all. The food, for breakfast, they have variety to choose, from western to asian. ( Chinese, Indonesian, halal).

In terms of their watersports, I love to play Jetski and I am learning how to do the windsurfing... Banana boat more to look into my next trip soon. If you can find my video created , here is the link:

When my 4th times trips, I brought my Boss and with friends to look into it as I 've always shared with them about all my short trips and only this Turi Beach Resorts given me the plan to keep looking of coming back.

Their Operations Manager: is very helpful, his name is Antonio , if there's a last minute plan for holidays please drop them an email or call for reservations and the immediate respond, I can assure you.

With regards to their Spa, I've always go without missing it.. The price is really affordable varies from 60 mins to 90 mins. most of the time, they have promotions and you will get your 30 mins free . wow i should say. They massage me until I fell asleep..

You can request if you want gentle or hard massage or relaxing massage..

My Boss and friends are looking forwards to even invite our corporate clients to visit this amazing resorts. Its recommended to all of you.. Great Prices.. and Great Place for any occasions..

You can add me on my facebook: camille ortega singapore.. Cheers

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Systemnixasia
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

A pleasure to have you back with your colleagues in Nongsa Resorts…

Thank you very much for your interest, support and comprehensive review.

Looking forward to welcome you and your friends back soon.

Hasta pronto.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I went to Turi Beach with my friends from Japan, thanks to Antonio Hernandez Canovas - GM of Turi Beach Resort, we got a chance to stay there in the deluxe rooms, which are in front of the beach. The view was so great with fresh air. We enjoyed a wonderful BBQ on the beach side and tuning music in the resort's bar over the night.

Such a nice place for hiding away!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Minh_JP

Thank you very much for your public recognition…

We all in Turi Beach Resort appreciate your time and review.

Glad to welcome you back during your next trip to Batam.

Cheers,

------------

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Me and my fiance checked in on a Friday and we stayed for a night to celebrate her bday. Was worried about not being able to get her a surprise bday cake, but all thanks to the great service staff they have on the resort, esp. this friendly chap called Royenn, he found a delicious cake with all my intended letterings on it in just a few hours notice. He even took the trouble to arrange the cake to delivered at my preferred timing which was pretty near midnight. Thanks to him, we had a great bday trip. The room facing was good, right infront of the sea - however, its a little warm though which attracted the mozzies in the middle of the nighit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Y J
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

This to express my gratitude for sharing with us your valuable review.

We aim to satisfy each and every of our guests and in this occasion we have succeeded.

If I can be of any assistance to you or your network, please contact me at your convenience.

Look forward to having you back soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Waited almost an hour for 3 dishes that I had ordered for my lunch as I was the 3rd person who came in before the others. I cancelled the orders later and requested to speak to the manager but the manager just ignored and refused to speak to me.

Environment is poor as many items in the resort were spoilt or not working. There are lot of mosquitoes and end up being bite.

Never never go again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

We are very sorry and concerned by the nature of your comments…

I would appreciate if you could email me personally to better understand the circumstances and details of your experience to take the necessary actions to avoid similar happenings in the future to other guests.

At the same time, this will allow us to provide you with a more personalized feedback and appreciation outcome.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The staffs were very friendly but the entire resort cleanliness was totally bad. The room ( Tirta Premier) is very dirty specially the floor with lots of stain around especially the bath room. The whole room make me feel so uncomfortable. The Sat bbq buffet & breakfast were good. Hope the management should serious look into the cleanliness. OVerall very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yajimi
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

We are very glad to know that you enjoy our dining options…
Receive my appreciation for your valuable comments and feedback.
Due to certain deficiencies in the floor tiles coating during the construction of the resort, certain tiles were in-grain stained during that process.
We understand that the feeling provided is misleading when our guests are not aware of that condition thinking that the floor is dirty.
Moving forward, the resort is in the final stages of identifying a contractor that can re-polish and re-coat those tiles to provide you with a clean and fresh tile look.
Thank you for your interest and support.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Turi Beach is no longer what it used to be before the fire a few years back and the new wing was built. We loved the resort for the rustic feel which was what made it so different from other resorts. We were on a 3D2N trip from July 27 and had specifically requested for a room at the older Riani wing where they still had the rustic cottages with the thatch roof. Unfortunately, on arrival they insisted on giving us a free upgrade to the newer Tirta wing. Later we found out the reason was because the Riani wing was closed - they only open it for booking during the weekend. The room at the Tirta wing is a far cry from the Riani wing - all concrete and looks like any other beach hotel. The balcony does not offer much privacy as you can look at your neighbours and vice versa.
Being there in the middle of the week, the place was relatively quiet. The pool at the Tirta wing was opened but the pool at the Riani wing with the sunken in pool bar was closed due to works going on at the pool. Dinner options other than at the hotel are the Amazon next to Nongsapura ferry terminal - the restaurant has a free shuttle service, or the Rezeki Restaurant where the hotel taxi for a 2-hour booking cost 110,000 rupiah.
Turi Beach is still a nice resort to relax in but we will not be going back as it is no longer what it used to be.

Room Tip: Get a room at the older Riani wing if you like to have a room with a difference and not just like an...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank marlin123

Thank you very much for returning back to Turi Beach Resort!
This is to show my appreciation and gratitude for sharing with us your latest experience in our resort.
Please allow me to take this opportunity to clarify that both wings are fully operational any time of the week. We provide upgrades to Tirta Wing to our guests when occupancy allows during weekdays.
We had no intention to reduce your vacation experience by providing you with an upgrade to Tirta Wing, …, my apologies if we did not properly communicate our aim.
May you consider spending your next leisure break in Batam, please contacting me directly to ensure that you are provided with a favourable outcome.
antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
#2 of 2 in Waterfront City

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!