“Great place for relaxation away from urban lifestyle”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My girlfriend and I booked a 3days 2nights stay at resort using groupons vouchers. Upon reaching the lobby, we were greeted by cheerful personnel and surprised by the wonderful and classic design of the resort. While we were checking in, we were given a complimentary upgrade to the Tirta Wing, Premier room. The room was fantastic and have a very modern and chic design as compared to the accomodation at the Riani Wing. However our room was right till the end and was quite far from the lobby, which did not fufil my requirement of being near to the lobby as I had requested in my email.

After unloading our stuff in the room, we proceed to have our lunch at the Taming Sara Cafe. We ordered the Ayam Pentet and the Gado Gado. Food was fantastic and presentable. One thing that requires improvement is the number of flies in the cafe. My girlfriend and I was spending a quarter of our time fanning our hands to keep the flies away. Day one for us was relaxing as we explored the resort and took some great pictures. However, we thought the swimming pool is ready at the Riani Wing as the website said it is close for rennovation till 23rdJuly2010. But, we went on 25thJuly2010 and it is still renovating. This indeed dampen our mood to try out the new swimming pool.

On day two, we went to Nagoya Hill shopping centre by transport given by Isabella Massage House. Spend almost the whole day there and went back to our resort at about 8pm.

On day three, we check out went to have our lunch at Taming Sari Cafe. However, we exceed the time and miss the bus to Nonsapura Ferry Terminal. We told the staff at the lobby and he initially told us that we have no choice but to get a taxi. However in the end, he drove a van over and offer us a ride to the terminal, which both my girlfriend and I appreciate it. However, he did not seems quite happy to do so as he did not reply us after we said thank you to him. Nevertheless, we did appreciate he took the trouble to do so.

On the whole, the resort design and its facilities are one of the best I have visited. Improvements can be make to bring down the pests and insects level in the resort. Food was superb and value for money definetly.

4  Thank Gnay
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

Wish you and your girlfriend enjoyed your complimentary upgrade…
Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to provide you with the requested accommodation location in this occasion.
We very much appreciate your pest control related comments while we continue working together with our pest control partner to reduce its impact in our jungle natural environment.
We aim to complete the works in the pool by July 23rd; thank you for your understanding with the delay and being able to use only the emerald pool.
Your departure comments have been shared with the front office team to ensure that they provide each and every guest with the best attitude and courtesy.
May I be of any further assistance, please contact me at your convenience.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Tis is my first tyme to turi wif my bestie. We bought d voucher from groupon. Prices are reasonable. But wen we got ther, we ended up paying hundreds! We absolutely love the massage for 2 at the cottage facing the sea! So quiet and divine! N my fren act snore durin the massage! Special credits to ITA and MASITA who scrub and massage us tt day! We love them! For someone like me who loves quiet beaches,Turi is for me definitely! Love d beach n beautiful jetty! We went out to Rezeki kelong to have our wonderful and cheap seafood spread by yet another sea- view! Love it!!!!!! We did order room service supper- a bit costly but worth every cent! Love the carbonara pasta and chicken satay from Cinta manis restaurant! D pool was divine and d staffs are smiley n frenly. Il definitely return wif my weddin gown next time round to take pictures at the jetty

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Meyrab

A pleasure to hear from you…
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging your review earlier.
We very much appreciate your comments and personal impressions during your stay in Turi Beach Resort.
You are most welcome to return to Turi and complete the romantic photos with your partner in the jetty.
May you require any other information or assistance please contact me at your convenience.
Have a great week…

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We live in Singapore and this is the second time we have visited Turi Beach resort this year. The quick ferry ride from Singapore and reasonable prices, both for food and accomodation make the hotel perfect for a long weekend trip away to relax and recharge. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the staff very friendly and helpful. In the evenings we especially like the hotel's Japanese Teppanaki restaurant where the steak is excellent! The spa is simple, but the massages very good and great value for money. We will certainly be back, probably later this year.

2  Thank Matthew052

Sea, sun and nature greetings!
Thank you very much for returning to Turi Beach Resort.
This is to show my gratitude for taking the time to review with us your favourable stay feedback.
A pleasure to have you back in Turi before the end of the year.
Glad to hear from you in advance to ensure that we can provide you with your requested accommodation.
Thank you for your interest and support.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

My bf and I had an enjoyable 3D2N stay at Turi Beach resort. We stayed in the Tirta Premier Room in the new wing and it has a nice balcony view that overlooks the pool and faces the sea. Room was spacious and comfortable but there were some stains on the bedsheet so this definitely needs to be improved.

There were also a couple of resturants in the resort, which includes japanese teppanyaki and Indonesian cuisine and several bars that offer nice views of the pool and the jetty area. We did our massage there at Tspa and the staff were friendly and nice.

Reception staff were quite helpful and friendly. Overall service was good and prompt, when we asked them for assistance on our safe and aircon.
Location is good for a quiet getaway but is not near shopping area. Suggest that the shuttle service be provided on weekdays too and not only on weekends.

2  Thank Suziezie85

Sunny Greetings from Batam!

We are honoured to receive your detailed and favorable review.

Thank you very much for sharing with us and other guests about your personalized experience.

If we can be of any assistance to you or your network, please contact me at your convenience.

I look forward to welcome you back in Turi Beach soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We purchased a coupon through shiokdeal for this quaint beach resort in Batam. I needed a quick getaway from the rat race of corporate life in Singapore, and this was a great holiday! The whole place was airy and relaxing. We had great weather when we were there.

The room from the deal is in the Riani wing, but i'm not fond of rustic wooden huts, so I requested an upgrade to a sea view room in the Tirta Wing, which was the new wing. The upgrade was SGD60.50, which wasn't so bad, and the room was really tastefully decorated, spacious and just so relaxing. The bathroom didn't have a tub, but that was ok because the shower area was quite huge anyway.

There were renovations going on with the older pool near the Riani Wing, nevertheless the whole resort was quiet and relaxing.

Food and facilities:
There were a couple of restaurants: 2 outdoor cafes, one serving international cuisine with a buffet, and the other serving Indonesian cuisine, a billiards club on the ground floor, a Japanese restaurant, a pool-side bar, and an island bar out on some really huge rocks. The island bar was closed while we were there because they were preparing for some event that night, but all the others were open. Food was good; most of them came from the kitchen of the main cafe. There was a barbecue buffet on Saturday evenings, and the grilled food was superb! I was quite surprised by the prices though, because they weren't cheap at all! The buffet was SGD30++ per person, which I think is actually quite expensive.

The pools were ok; I thought they needed quite a bit of cleaning because there's some really bad algae growth on the pool. The beach was also ok; sand isn't fine because there's lots of shells. In low tide, you could see small mangrove shoots in some parts of the beach; I didn't swim in the beach water.

Resort grounds were clean, tranquil and quiet, which is really what I am looking for in a weekend getaway.

Overall, it was a great stay and I felt really refreshed from that welcome break. I recommend this to others, but just remember: nothing comes cheap in Batam. :D

Room Tip: request a room upgrade to the Tirta wing. There were monkeys in the grounds around the Riani wing, a...
3  Thank Jillian N

Serene Regards From Turi Beach Resort!
We are delighted to read your review and comments.
This is to express my appreciation for taking the time to share with us and other guests your personalized review.
Being an island nearby Singapore, most items and expenses are paid in Singapore dollars being this the main reason for some of our prices being somehow similar to Singapore prices.
I look forward to welcome you back in Turi Beach soon.
Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Me and my fiance got a deal coupon from outlet.com.sg and just got back from the Turi on 3rd July.

Although the deal we got was for one of the rooms at Riani, i think there are works being carried out there to improve the facilities, and we were allocated the Tirta Premeir Room. We love the room at Tirta (we were allocated one right beside Emerald Pool and feel right at home :)

We also joined in the Saturday night buffet, which we throughly enjoyed the wide spread of food which is very tasty, and of course the live music. The lucky draw was a good touch by the way. The American breakfast was very good too. I have heard about previous problems of insects and houseflies at Taming Sari but was glad to find that we did not encounter such problems there, instead, the staff were very prompt in clearing away dishes and cleaning up after us with detergent.

Overall, we had a pleasant experience and hope that the resort is able to offer such gd deal again in the near future :)

Room Tip: The Saturday night buffet was great :)
1  Thank joyjoey85

Summer greetings from Turi Beach Resort!
Thank you very much for taking the time to review with us the different aspects of your stay.
We are very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay.
Glad to personally welcome you back during your next visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

It was our 1st time at turi beach and we are so excited. We are a family, my husband, me and our 3yr old boy. We were greeted with a wonderful view, but our excitement subsided upon checking in. The reception staff said that there is no room for us ( king size/tirta wing) so he asks us to wait until some guest check out. I asks him if we could just take any room for the mean time cause my son is already tired but he said that cannot be done! So inconsiderate! So we have no choice but to wait. We waited for about 3 hours! Until the manager finally told us that they will give us a room (2 single room) for the meantime until our room is ready! Wow! As in i have asks for this upfront and after 3 hours before making a decision! Totally ruin our vacation mood! So fine we suck it in and go to temp room they gave us unfortunately the room is so smelly, so i bugged the reception to finally give us the room we have booked. They gave us our room and they said they upgraded it, located near the pool. The room was very nice and we love it but after about 15 mins of staying there the reception called and asks us to transfer again to another room because there's a wedding booked the next day qnd they want that room! Like [--]! We are also a guest and the way we are treated are so rude! We are not going back there again and i wont recommend that hotel! The only thing good about this hotel is the view and the staff at tamang sari resto.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear Family,
Please accept my sincere apologies for not acknowledging your valuable review earlier.
The guest relations team of the resort has been in direct contact with you briefly after your departure and provide you and your family with a satisfactory feedback.
Glad to meet with you during your next stay in Turi Beach Resort.
Should you require any other information or assistance please contact me at your convenience.
Sincerely yours,
antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Grands I Hotel
Grands I Hotel
#10 of 101 in Batam
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!