“Great fun, spacious room!”

Batam View Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Great fun, spacious room!”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Spent a night with hubby in one of their villas. A great trip and our stay was made memorable with the friendly and attentive staff. As the villa is just above sea water, we could hear the waves at night when we go to sleep. Although a little old, the premises of the resort is always kept clean. Situated in Nongsa, it is about 45 mins drive away to central but transportation is provided so it is not a hassle. We wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore and got that from Batam View as the place was quiet and peaceful. We simply lazed around in our villa, swam in the pool and had our meals in the restaurant at ease. There is a small games area and pool table for us to while our time away as well.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Reserved for a 2D1N stay through the online booking system and a Ms Sri answered all my emails promptly. We were offered a Fullboard Package for a deluxe room, which also include 2-ways land transfer, meet and greet services, 1 Buffet breakfast, 1 lunch buffet and 1 set dinner at the Kelong Seafood Restaurant etc. Upon arrival at Nongsapura, their staff were there to guide us and the ride to the resort was fast. Check in was simple and we were automatic upgraded to a Executive Suite. We were also allowed to check-in before the check-in time.

The Suite was spacious and clean. Nice decoration in the room.

The buffet breakfast and lunch taste alright.

The set dinner should be good if you are a seafood lover. Dishes included stir fried sotong, black pepper crabs (i think), fried fish in sweet sour sauce, tom yam soup plus fruits. As my friend and I was unable to take seafood, we decided instead to order other dishes from the menu. However, when we were ordering, the restaurant staff told us that our Set Dinner was prepared already (our food coupon issued from the hotel stated that it is a SET DINNER) and insist that we had to take it. I did not know that they would start to prepare the dishes once we gave them the food coupon upon entry and they also can't do any changes to the dishes as it is part of a set. I tried to explain to her and told her maybe they could give this set dinner to other guests who was coming in but she said she was unable to do it. In the end we had to takeaway. ADVICE: If you are like us who can't take seafood, please don't give the food coupon to them first, if not they will start preparing. Overall, the other dishes we ordered taste alright.

The 5th Dimension Spa in the resort is a must-go. Ms Sri helped me to reserved my prefer time slot with the spa. We took a promotion package which cost us SGD$75/pax for a 3hrs spa treatment - massage, steam, sauna, milk bath. I would say that the staff that attended to us were quite professional. Payment for the spa treatment can be added on to the room's final bill.

Overall I like this resort as it is not very noisy and reservation is simple. Staff generally can speak English fairly well. All things are priced in SGD so if you are from Singapore, and you do not intend to go out of the resort, then you do not need to change Rupiah.
I liked the wireless system too, fast, so you can facebook or tweet anytime.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed November 6, 2010

My hubby and me booked a One Bedroom Villa for a relaxation. The villa was splendid...nice view overlooking the sea (although the sea was a bit dirty), the hall was good with a 2-seater sofabed and sound surround systems with sub woofers and dvd player...the kitchenette was fully equipped...and the room splendid with door leading to balcony (so does the living room)..the bathroom was spacious and toilletries was good (spa quality)...the tub was overlooking the sea..nice. The Spa was cheap and good too. But that was all that was good about the resort...the service was slow, when we asked for buggy they were late most of the times...the food was not variety for the price...and was so so...all the other activities we have to pay for e.g. table tennis charged at $2 and pool at $5 an hour (this is free in other resorts I have been to)...the hotel rooms building looked a bit old and require repainting...

We suggest that if you want total relaxation without activities, and spa...this is the resort but have to book villa at least...otherwise...it is not value for money..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harrny
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We chose Batam and this particular resort with the mentality of having a short stress and hassle free weekend getaway.

Upon arrival at Batam Ferry Terminal (Nongsapura Batam Terminal), we were warmly greeted by a staff from the resort. They were easily recognisable, dressed in bright yellow collared polo-tee. The warm smile and greeting marked the beginning of a wonderful experience.

The shuttle bus ride from terminal to resort is quite fast, estimated to be between 5 to 10 minutes. We were served with chilled welcome drink. Front desk staff were very friendly and proficient in English.

Our room (superior room) had a wonderful view, facing the sea. There are chairs and a small table placed strategically at the balcony for guests to look at the awesome scenary.

The first stop we headed to was the Kelong Restaurant. Food was good, but be prepared to pay similar prices to Singapore's kopitiam zi char store. I will recommend their chilli crab and butter prawn. Do note that they don't have live prawns though.

To cut things short, if you're looking for a holiday which is hassle free and stress-relieving, this is the place. If you're looking for excitement and shopping, you may want to reconsider. There is nothing much, except for a very clean pool, bar, SPA (a must go), a few sea sports, KTV (not sure if you've gotta pay), games room (free) .. yeah. Basically it. I didn't get to visit the private beach as it was raining.

Shopping centre is quite a distance from the resort. We paid S$5 each for a resort-shopping mall-resort bus. The total travelling time to and fro the resort lasted around 1 hour. There is nothing much at the shopping centre (my opinion).

The reason why cleanliness was rated down was because of the dirty bathtub. There were 2 strands of hair on it, and the tub was stained a shade of pale black. It turns me off.

Another bad point is the lack of TV program on the television. We channel surfed and there were no channels in our room! Lucky for us, I brought a portable DVD player which we linked to the TV. TV has got no color. -.- Hair dryer was spoiled.

p/s: Did I mention that the rooms are HUGE? No? Well, they are! :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 14, 2010

this magnificent resort is only for people who want no disturbance from ht eoutside community, or either totally for a relaxing golf game, it is situated very near the Terring bay golf club and Palm springs golf resort.
the hotels room were okay , just that we had to change our rooms coz the toilet flush was not working , rest all was good,
the view was very nice form our room, as it was overlooking the bay

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Went on the 1 - 2 Oct 2010.

My friends wanted to do water sports, I preferred spa and massage. My friends wanted to do.... so many things, but we ended up only playing beach volley ball, cos other water sports like para-sailing was not available.

We spent our time dipping in the pool, in which floats have to be rented for S$2/hr. We wanted to play badminton, but courts go for S$2/hr in the day and S$5/hr at night. Daylight robbery.

We went to the hotel cafe for lunch on both days, but both days the cafe was fully 'booked'. But there were many empty seats, supposedly reserved by the corporate guests. We had to eat either out in the blistering heat, or in the lounge where the table was too low for normal consumption of meals. Quite disappointing that they allowed corporate guests to book the entire cafe without regards to normal guests, as though I did not pay for my stay in the resort.

I wanted to do the spa treatment, but we were told that there were no available slots. We wanted to do 1-hr massage, but were told the only available slots were at 830am the next day. I could not even choose to have 2 massage/services to run consecutively. End up the place was dead; no customers even after my massage ended. huh?

We stayed in the beach villa. My room -- the air con was directly over my bed, so it was blowing the cold air right above me (I had the sense to move the louvre up). But the air-con, when set at 25C had a stench. The aircon at the living room was dripping water. The chairs inside the villa were uncomfortable; not for those who liked to laze around the villa, I could not even find a comfortable position to laze at the balcony, watch the setting sun drinking beer.

Kelong Seafood Restaurant, which we went for dinner was so-so. Any seafood restaurant in SG can have that standard, so no hoo-ha over that. In fact, SG restaurants had more variety of food.

I regretted recommending this to my friend after reading the 'good' reviews down here. Apparently, this resort is over-rated.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Zenov

Travelers are raving about these Nongsa hotels

United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Batam is a large island. Batam View Beach Resort and one or two other hotels are situated on "another corner" of Batam Island. There is no shopping facilities or town nearby. All you have to do is to stay in the hotel and eat at the hotel's restaurant or another downhill restaurant which I think is also owned by the hotel.

The hotel name is right in itself - "View" Beach - that means you can view the beach from a distance but the beach is not within walking distance I think. And I am not sure if the beach is safe or suit for swimming. But I am not worry about it because the weather is always so hot that you simply don't want to go outside.

However, the facilities of the hotel are quite good. The swimming pool is large. One side is shallower, the other side is deeper. Abundant sun beds are provided. Towels are provided. There is a parrot cage holding some parrots and they really can talk and want you to play with them. Adjacent to the parrot cage there is an area for foot massage. The price is affordable.

I have also tried their spa. The price is a bit pricey when compared to those in town ( not Singapore but Indonesia) but the spa is my only agenda during Batam. The spa facilities are of 3-4 stars as this is an old resort anyway. Services however are quite good.

Forgot to say, the rooms are large with balcony, tidy, large and modern bathroom. Only room look is entirely 5 stars. Staff are very attentive and always smiling.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank LucerneSau
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
#2 of 2 in Waterfront City

Been to Batam View Beach Resort? Share your experiences!