“A Relaxing Staycation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Batam View Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“A Relaxing Staycation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Never regret staying here. Helpful and friendly staff all around the resort especially Anton. We stayed in one bedroom villa with a wonderful beach facing view. A negative point is the "water". I'm traveling with an infant and need hot water most of the time. In the afternoon the tap water was ok (it's clear) but when its comes to evening it turned out to be dirty yellowish color. We then called up the reception and ask for water and they said they will send 2 bottles to the room. We've waited for 30mins and we have not receive any. Called the reception and no one was there to answer my call. We got fed up as its already very late and decided to purchase at the gift shop in the next morning. We dined in at the Kelong Seafood Restaurant and the food is not that superb but acceptable with the price we're paying for. Overall we're satisfy and would like to stay there again and make sure we purchase more water before entering the villa.

Room Tip: Villa is a good choice for relaxation.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RaspberryBlueberry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

The resort is not crowded on the weekday, which makes it a perfect getaway from city life. However, weekend is rather crowded and there is nothing much to do. The swimming pool was great with nice music, but there is nothing much at the beach. Some parts of the resort are quite run down and needs to repair. Food is quite good, a set dinner cost about SGD10+, which is reasonable. Their staffs are really friendly and helpful. I would like to go back again and try out the villa.

Room Tip: Go for the swimming pool view and high level.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Batam View Beach Resort is a good place to have a break over the weekends. Since there is not much to see or do in Batam so Batam View Beach Resort is an ideal relaxation spot with its own beach(though not very clean) and water sports. The swimming pool is good and the spa rooms provide lavish sea view.

Food can be a problem if you are an Indian specially a vegetarian....

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Spend the long weekends over at the resort and it's a wonderful experience. The only glitch that i had was the room. The room was small compare in real compare to the pictures over the internet. Compliments to the staff named Harun as he change my room facing the pool after informing him about the room situation. Overall stay was excellent. The food was average as the breakfast served is the same for the past 2 days when I am there. The Island lounge high tea food was good but only if they have more variety selections of the food. On the last night we had dinner at the Kelong Seafood, however it was rather dissapointing as the food was not great as it shown in the menu. For the free wifi connections are not realiable as the connection always get on and off. No free wifi in the room as it is a hassle for me to come all the way down to surf the emails and messages. I wish the resort would change that and install a free wifi connections in the room and the pool area. Not forgetting the 5-Dimension spa, its a very good spa as I had a long of 3hrs massage and would not want to leave. The massage therapist was good but only the reception at the spa is not friendly. Maybe she can be more service oriented with all the hotel guests. This is a good hotel for a short trips for family and friends who want to be out from the busy city and have a quiet family time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent Easter here, with a couple of friends. It's great for a quick getaway from Singapore - we were pleasantly surprised to be picked up at Nongsapura ferry terminal, and the resort was a very short drive away. The main hotel is a fairly non-descript 80s style block, but it has a large spacious lobby with plenty of comfy seating and a helpful check-in and tours desk. There's also a bar, a live band performance space, and a gift shop. We were in a suite, which was essentially a double room with living room in the main building, with a balcony overlooking the pool - it wasn't much more expensive than a double and was huge, clean and well equipped (my only gripe was the rather dim lights!).

The pool area is definitely the highlight of this resort - there's a large pool (with small children's pool), surrounded by sunloungers with a bar on one end. A short walk takes you to the private beach - a small cove mostly set up for water sports, and the resort's villas. There's also tennis courts and some gardens. And a spa on the 5th floor, where we had great massages.

Both nights we were there a live band performed in the evening, who were great, but the lobby was not the most atmospheric setting. On one evening the hotel recommended a local seafood restaurant, which was a brilliant experience - a huge informal place filled with locals and tourists. On the second night, we tried the resort's Kelong seafood restaurant - it has an idyllic setting on the sea, looking out towards Singapore. The food was delicious, but it was sadly rather empty.

We booked a car from the hotel to go down to the Bareland bridge and islands - while I'm sure there are cheaper ways of getting around, it was nice to be driven in air-conditioned comfort and to be able to stop for food and drinks when we wanted.

All in all, I'm sure there are both cheaper and more luxurious places to stay in Batam, but this was a very easy, very relaxng, very comfortable place to relax and see a small part of Indonesia. It would be even better if it was a bit fuller, giving the bar and restaurants more atmosphere!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CatOxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel is an excellent getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. You can choose the sea facing hotel rooms in the main building or the sea-fronting villas. The spacious villas are self-sufficient and you can see fishes and crabs from your balcony that is over the water.

Room Tip: go for the villas..a true getaway
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I liked it the moment I saw how large the entire lobby area was. Lots of couches to slouch in should you need to wait for anything, big bar, big stage for live band, big restaurant, nice gift shop.

Liked it even more when I saw the sun and the pool from the lobby. Couldn't help running outdoors, exploring and soaking up the sun while.

Love the rides on the buggy up and down the hill.

My 1-Bedroom Villa is exactly as I see in the photos, right over the sea, no blockage, can see, smell, feel, and hear the sea every moment. That's what I paid for, what I dream off, and what I do not regret. I wish I can just live there all my life.

The entire villa is sea-view. Even the toilet is sea-view. I enjoyed doing yoga in the bedroom in front of the sea, and in soft sunlight. Never lived so close to sea before.

The rooms are excellent, clean (balcony is dusty because it is exposed), spacious, well-equipped. My goodness, the kitchen has everything, from pots and pans, to wine glasses and plates, knives, washing detergent, rice cooker, microwave, etc. I love the bathroom.

There were ants though, so be careful about leaving food out open.

Service is excellent. Although this could be because my husband and I were probably one of the only 20 - 50 people there?

They were on time for all of our room service meal delivery, and came down in 2 minutes whenever we call for a buggy to bring us uphill. When they didn't understand what we were talking about over the phone, two of them came all the way down in the buggy with the restaurant menu to clarify and take our orders in person.

I don't think the food is overpriced at all because it is restaurant food. And we pay about the same price, $50 for two person, when we go to Swensens in Singapore. The thing to note though, is that this hotel is far from city centre, so it is kind of like, you don't have a choice but to eat restaurant food for both lunch and dinner everyday if you don't want instant noodles. That's why the cost can really add up to some $100 per day, just for food alone.

Breakfast is adequate. Variety is not like Shangri-La (5-countries international buffet), but there are nice things, and it fills my stomach. I like the Soto Ayam and porridge.

The Kelong Seafood restaurant that is under Batam View is only opened from Wednesday to Sunday. And for Wed - Fri, it only opens from 6pm to 9.30pm. So if you go on weekdays, there is a need to think about how you are going to settle the lunch. If you go on Mondays and Tuesdays, you will probably end up eating the restaurant food for all meals unless you are willing to cab to city centre and back, which does not makes much economic sense at all.

The good thing about the restaurant food is that they are nice!! We loved the Fish and Chips, Salmon, Lamb, and Prawn. Only the beef is not that good. So you really do get your money worth if you are willing to pay for a proper meal.

Otherwise, there are lots of instant noodles being sold at the Gift Shop for a few dollars per cup. And Indoenesian Mee is actually quite nice.

As for the beach, it is not really for lying down. You can play beach volleyball there, but that's about it. I went for the Jetski, which I felt was expensive but nevertheless worth it, just for the experience.

I also took a canoe for 30 minutes. I wouldn't recommend the canoe or kayak, because they don't allow you to go into the wider ocean lest you can't control and float back to Singapore. It was disappointing because I get to kayak out to sea from East Coast Park, Singapore, and I really am not used to playing in shallow waters within the designated safe area. Perhaps it could be because Indonesian waters are much choppier than Singapore's, so the restriction. But anyhow, this is an activity easily available home in Singapore.

I would like to try the Gong Gong (some shell creature) fishing trip if I go back again.

I really, really love Batam View Beach Resort. It is an out of this world experience, and I will return to take the sea-top villa again if I can afford.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Turi Beach Resort
#2 of 5 in Nongsa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,288 reviews
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Batam View Beach Resort? Share your experiences!