“World class in Batam!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“World class in Batam!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I just returned from a wonderful 3d/2n stay at the Montigo Resort Nongsa. Upon arrival we were met by the lovely resort staff with ice cold towels and cool lemon tea. We were quickly transported via buggy to our private Spa Villa for check-in. Villa #95 was breathtaking & offered a majestic view of the sea from each of it's three levels; including the private pool and our private tiki hut. I loved the minimalist cream canvas, wood finishes and clean lines; everything was comfortable and elegant. A welcoming bottle of wine and an assortment of unique bites set the tone for the weekend. Our stay was marked by a variety of food choices from the two onsite dining options; can't say enough about the "Coconut Creme Brûlée" -- WOW!
While my partner enjoyed the golf, I reveled in the spa. Of the treatments I received (Sunday: 90 min massage, ginger scrub, 90 min reflexology and Monday: 60 min reflexology) the foot treatments were superior to any I have ever had, and I have had many.

We had a great stay. Before leaving the resort I began scouring my calendar for a date when we can return in April.

The only downside was the ongoing and somewhat noisy construction, but I can't wait to see the resort when it is completed; I'm sure I will be happy to give them 5-stars.

Room Tip: Top up for the Spa Villa, it's worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I am delighted that your husband enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad that you enjoyed our spa experience and our resort facilities.

I have shared your feedback with my team who are happy that they were able to deliver a memorable experience.

We however, will continously strive to ensure that disruptions are brought down to a minimum or none at all as we work tirelessly to complete and offer additional services to our guests. I am confident that you will see improvements upon your next visit.

My staff and I are looking forward to your return real soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went for a 3d2n in Mar 2013 for a short getaway to this new resort. Indeed it is new, most of facilities not ready. but the pool in the villa is more than enough to keep the kids happy. this resort is suitable for groups of friends or family. too big for a couple.

The Villa is clean and comfortable, beddings are fantastic. nice complementary touch of providing free softdrinks and snacks daily in minibar. kitchenette in the living area is suffice for simple cooking and heating of food. full sets of utensil, cooking pots, pan and microwave. what lack is a sponge and detergent, BUT you are there to enjoy, not to do dishes. call the service staff to do the washing :P

The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. readily armed with smile and greet. 1 small hicups - one of the friendly receptionist who promised to secure and reserved our return ferry but did not do so. luckily i checked and found out that its not reseved. Another lady receptionist (Novi) gladly do it, with a few phone calls, she solved the issue on the spot, Thanks!.

Breakfast is ok. standard buffet breakfast with egg station. spread is enough to fill empty stomach to start the day. if you start your breakfast late, you will be accompanied by sound of construction work for breakfast. There are stilll some construction going on but they are all block off from and inaccessble to resort guest, so it still safe to move around. Hopefully when the resort is completely ready, it will provide more activities for the guest.

Overall the resort is nice but we can see it starts to show signs of usage without maintenance in barely less than half a year since opening. hope that the cleaniness can be maintained and by the time we return for the next trip, it will be better with more facilities.

One suggestion is to have proper stairs or walkwalk where there is a slope, i.e the slope down to the pool/restuarant. for kids whos habitually like to run will be dangerous.

4 star for incomplete resort and lack of facilities.

Room Tip: Hill side is enough, all room are the same size except the distant to the inaccessible beach. BUT d...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SeanSohek
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am glad that you enjoyed our resort and the friendliness of our staff.

I also have taken note of your suggestions for improvements which I will work on together with my team.

We have already started to offer additional services to our guests in the form of tennis, cycling, kampong trail, fishing, cooking classes, seasports activities, ATV etc. We are also working towards offering more enhanced activities for our guests to enjoy.

I look foward to your return real soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went with a few friends for a weekend getaway, booked a villa and was given a nice room with pool overlooking the unusable beach.The living room was big, equipped with a good sound system and the kitchennette was in good working order. The soft drinks were complimentary which was a nice touch.

Lots of on-going work progress all around the ground. The entertainment club was not ready neither was the children's play area. The public pool was nice enough, by the nice but overpriced restaurant.

The water in our private pool was so dirty, indicating it had not been changed since the last guest left and the light to the stairs was not working. The technician did come and fixed it promptly although it was slightly inconvenient having to wait. There was already cockroaches around the perimeter of the villa and one tried sharing the lounge with us. That was a bit unnerving as the wooden doors and fixtures all have gaps under them. Little to say we got a little nervous walking around the living room.

Every villa has a private pool so guest are free to use it any time of day. Due to that we were kept awake by a group of drunken and VERY loud guest having a party in their pool next door from 12am- 3.30am. I contacted reception complaining about the problem but 2 hours later, the noise continued ! Very annoying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

We are taking all of our guests feedback seriously and working with our team to ensure continued improvement. We are also working towards offering more services to our guests with the intention of engaging their time and having a memorable stay with us.

I sincerely hope that you indulge us this occasion and return real soon.

Looking forward your return.

singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

A pleasant looking estate within a work-in-progress landscape. Though the resort was not officially open, the buildings were beginning to show signs of deterioration. The aircon broke-down in the master-bedroom, which caused the false ceiling to leak. The glass panel in villa's pool was not installed, which cld be rather dangerous. Roaches could be found in the master-bathroom. Water seepage patches were found peppered around the villa's ceiling.

After checking-out of the villa on our last day, with bills fully paid & accounted for; was shocked to receive charges on the credit-card bill the following month (the card was submitted upon check-in). After extensive clarifications & multiple email exchanges, the hotelier agreed to refund the extra charges. However, there was much delay in their account processing and they made no efforts to compensate for the inconveniences and unhappiness caused.

An unpleasant experience indeed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jewel_J
I am truly sorry for us being unable to deliver the expected service standards.

I have shared your feedback with our team and will work with the leadership team to ensure that the lapses are looked into for improvement.

I am anxious to speak with you on the issues that you have experienced during your stay and thereafter. Could I kindly request you to get in touch with me, at your convenience, at +627787768888.

I look forward to speaking with you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited Dec 2012 for a retreat with a friend. Villa is nice but already ahows signs of wear n tear even though its new.

Only facilty ready is one cafe n the spa. Beach is not usable at all as still in a mess. Small pool at villa n spa. When other guests were using spa pool, the noise from them n the swimming disturbed my massage. Not very relaxing as i would have hoped. Massage standard is ok but not consistent.

Food is ok but after eating a few meals there, u get tired of it.
Kitchenette at villa could have been better equipped. Not meant for cooking.

But i did enjoy the stay as it was meant as a retreat to just rest n relax and service was delightful. But not sure if i would go again. In its current stage of of completion at least.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank crazylion1
I am happy to inform that since then we have opened more services for the use of our guests namely, our pool, TADD's our all day dining restaurant, Pantai - seafood restaurant. We have also started offering recreational activities like Cycling, Kampong Trail, Fishing, ATV, Seasports, Tennis etc.

I have also taken note of the areas of concern and will work with our team to ensure improvements.

I thank you for your kind feedback and I hope that you will be back real soon to enjoy these additional services and to enjoy another short getaway to relax.

Looking forward to receiving you again.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went in a group of 4 last weekend. Overall, we are satisfied, but it can be better.

The ferry ride from Singapore Tanan Merah Ferry Terminal is about 35mins. After alighting at the terminal, you have to look out for the staff from the resort. Transport is provided to pick u up. We were lucky to be fetched in a car.

The check in time is 3pm sharp, no earlier. We arrived on Friday about 1pm (batam time) , and according to the reception, there is available room, but they need to "check" the room first. So we waited at the reception for more than an 1hr, still no room, then we proceed to have lunch at the restaurant. A little after 3pm, we were told room is ready. So, I suggest that you reach later in the afternoon, to avoid long wait to check in. We were also lucky to have a free upgrade to a spa villa, what a pleasant surprise :)

The villa is huge. The private pool is quite big, about 7.5m in length? Living room is huge and spacious. The master bed room is spacious, bathroom is big. 2nd bed room is comfortable with 2 single bed. All room has TV. The villa is new and clean. We also noticed two doors that are locked on the ground level. The staff said as there were only 4 of us, so there is no need to open the additional 2 rooms. Not sure what is inside.

On the first day, the aircon broke down, it was so noisy that we had to turn it off. The engineer came quickly to fix it. It became much cooler but still noisy. So we called the engineer in again. It was already quite late in the night but we didnt have to wait long for the engineer to come over. Good job here.

The breakfast is Ok. Food is also Ok, not bad. We ordered the in villa BBQ, the staff would bring a BBQ pit to the villa and cook for you. Was an interesting experience, but we just find it a little expensive.

The staff there are nice, friendly and very helpful. We want to thank Yayan for being extremely helpful.

Only thing we do not like is that there is almost nothing to do there, although there is a wii console in the living room. The main pool is quite small. Maybe the resort can add more activities. There is a bus to take you out to Nagoya city every morning at 10am, the resort is quite far away from the city, about 20mins bus ride.

Overall a nice place with helpful, friendly staff.

Another thing that is not related to the resort is that, the ferry is too small. On the way back, the ferry is overloaded. People had to stand in the boat!

And do remember to confirm your return ferry ticket with the reception in advanced!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tancherry09
I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback

I am delighted on one hand that you enjoyed your stay and our staff like Yayan was at hand to render assistance.

On the other hand, i wish to apologize for the issue with the aircon and rest assured that I will look into this. I am also working with our recreation team to provide more services to our guests above the current offerings of fishing, cycling, tennis, kampong trail and cooking lessons. We have also tied up with a local operator to provide ATV and sea sports activities for our guests.

I hope that you indulge us this occasion and return to stay with us soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

It's a very very nice place to stay. Right from the main lobby, every staff we met are very friendly and helpful. We had a nice welcome drink and a quick check in. The buggy came within 2 minutes and the driver brought us to our hill view villa. The villa is clean and perfect. The rooms are spacious, beds and pillows are very comfortable. The villa is equipped with microwave, pots and pans and electric cooker for those who like to dish up own specities in the villa. Toiletries included the usual ones and also Listerine as a pleasant surprise. Weighing machine can also be found in the Master Bedroom toilet. 2 hair dryers are available in the villa. 2 iPod players (1 in living room the other in the master bedroom)

As the whole resort is big, we need to call frontdesk for the buggy ride. The wait wasn't very long, within 2 mins, at most 5mins, the buggy driver rang our doorbell and we are ready to explore. Breakfast served is pretty good too. Fresh bread and croissants are yummy. There's nothing much to complain about except it's a bit far off the city. But we get to enjoy the quieter part of Batam.

It's a very wonderful experience there and i will definitely want to go there.

Room Tip: We booked hill-view and still able to see the sea and higher than the sea view villas and so, no muc...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff made your stay a memorable one.

I hope that you will return to visit us again real soon.

I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Tempat Senang Resort
Tempat Senang Resort
#1 of 90 in Batam
4.5 of 5 stars 729 reviews

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!