“Very Soft Opening”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Very Soft Opening”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went to Montigo Resort in Nongsa last week. Taking the wait at the ferry terminal into account, the journey from Singapore take you a nearly 2 hours, not 20 minutes as advertised by the resort. Immigration was a excellently organized by the resort, we just walked into Indonesia. The property is 5 minutes away from the ferry station and checking was swift. Since the hotel seems to be very empty on a weekday, we got our villas at 10 am right away. The first impression is gorgeous. A big villa, very modern light architecture with nearly too much space. Minibar is free, but they don't tell you. Basically we were driven to our villas, but nobody explained the rooms to us.

The living room view is breathtaking! The plunge pool is a bit too small for swimming but adds nicely to the view. Once you go into the pool the water drainage system makes a lot of noise that keeps basically everybody including adjacent villas awake. The tiles are bit dirty and stained our swimwear.

Once you look a bit closer you can see that the materials used in the villa are ok, but the installation and finish of the whole thing is of really shabby quality. If every villa is a good constructed as our this resort will be done in less than 10 years. The questionable quality is also evident in other ares of the property.

Another lowdown is the pathetic artificial beach that the hotel created. So far also none of the advertised pools or the beach club is open. This was advertised for June 2012 in the past. New completion is about a year later. Looking how few workers are on site one could get the idea that there might be funding some problem.

On the positive side, all the staff are very engaged, friendly and clearly concerned to make your stay a good one.

To sum it up: I hope they get their act together and fix all the construction issues. This place has a lot of potential to be the best hotel in Batam.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fernlicht
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I apologize that our staff did not communicate our services to you. I have shared this with our operational leaders and we will strive to improve our communication.

I have also shared your comments on construction with my colleagues from the Development Team and will work with them on improvements that we can do. I am also working with them to ensure that our remaining facilities get ready at the earliest opportunity.

Finally, I am glad that you found our staff engaged and friendly which feedback I have shared with them.

We are working to ensure that we deliver a truly 5 star resort and service to our guests and feedback from our guests like yourself are important and valued.

Thank you once again and I hope that you will indulge us this occassion and return to our resort soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed for a work related visit and was expecting a better standard of service as the initial impression is 5 star.
The location is great, the villas lovely, but badly maintained, and the restaurant was nice.Unfortunately none of the staff have any obvious experience which is fine except that doesn't mean they should ignore your requests or their duties ( especially cleaning) I don't mind if it takes longer but not at all is not appropriate.
Unfortunately there is only one other place nearby that you can seek as an alternative for entertainment as the Batam township is a 30 minute minimum drive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TonWin
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to discuss this further with you if you could indulge me. Could I trouble you to call me at +627787768888.

Once again, I am truly sorry and I hope that I would be able to speak with you real soon. Thank you

Singapore
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Indeed a beautiful place to getaway!

Delighted to be greeted on arrival at the ferry terminal. As we are travelling with my girl, we tend to travel with big luggage. Luggage was place in front seat instead, it is inconvenience for driver and guests.

The check in will all well. What missing is a brief tour of the beautiful property.

A new property but not well maintain as you can find broken furniture and stained upholstery/floor tiles. Dusty. Curtains will all badly hung. Rotten apples found in cabinet from previous guests i guess.

I am a aroma burner fanatic, so happy to see the burners and ti light stand in the villa...but resort don't provide any to light up. Was expecting that to happen in the evening:(

My girl loves the plunge pool, my parents loves the relaxing feel, my husband enjoys the wifi, my domestic helper love the space. Me with mix feeling as my girl developed a fever last night and she is resting on th huge day sofa now.

We have another day here, hope all will be well and good till we go.

Room Tip: Great for family gateway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank GelinaTay
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to provide you a comfortable stay or experience. I am anxious to discuss this further with you with a view to investigate and rectify issues and prevent any recurrence.

I have discussed your feedback with my operational leaders and rest assured that actions are being put in place to ensure improvements.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I hope to have you return in the very near future.

Thank you.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here for two nights with a group of friends. The resort staff greeted us at the jetty n carried our bags to the car, reached the resort in 5min. We were served a refreshing lemongrass drink on arrival and after checking in we sat comfortably in the buggy that took us to our villa.

The porter showed us around the entire air-conditioned villa. 1st level: Spacious living room with wide screen tv, iPod docks, comfy sofas which can back up as extra sleeping space, stocked kitchen. There were delicious local kueh lapis, cookies and fruits served with a sweet handwritten note welcoming us.

2nd storey: 2 ensuite bedrooms. I love the bathroom of the master bedroom! It has natural skylight, two sinks, separate bath tub, shower and toilet. Oh all showers come with rainshowers :) both rooms overlook the sea with amazing sunset views, soft pillows, thick down comforters.

Rooftop: bbq area with waterproof sofa/tanning bed at the sides, romantic lights and amazing view.

Best experience: BBQ under the stars. We ordered the food 8hrs before n the staff set up everything by 630pm. They brought in tables, set up cutlery, brought the iPod speakers up. It was such a romantic experience dining under the stars with soft music (our own playlist) playing in the background. The chef and waiter were attentive and even helped us cook the food we bought ourselves from the supermarket (sausages, crab sticks). When he overheard one of us complaining that the song currently playing was too loud he skipped the track for us.

Best service: they went back to the restaurant/lobby many times just to get more sambal chilli, cling wrap, extra towels, blankets, pillows. When our ball went over the glass divider of the infinity pool down to the street below they brought it up to us twice. We can call the buggy to pick us up to the lobby anytime or walk 3min ourselves. They organised cabs to bring us to the city centre and fetch us back.

This is the perfect place for family gatherings, romantic getaways or just hanging out with friends.

• Stayed November 2012
7 Thank Serenatwy
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our villa and our service. I have shared your experience with our staff and they are delighted for being able to make your stay a memorable one.

I am especially happy that you enjoyed our in-villa BBQ. We will continue to strive to deliver exceptional service to our guests.

We look forward to your return in the very near future. Thank you

Reviewed November 23, 2012

we stayed at montigo resort in sept 2012 during the soft launch promotion. Staff are very friendly and their service are very good. everything in the villa are new. my favourite part of the villa is of course the pool. sadly, since i went there during the soft launch period, there are still alot of construction at the resort and there's only one eating place. will consider to visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charmlady_82
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our villa and our service.

I will continue to work with our Development Team to ensure that we get our resort ready at the earliest opportunity so that you can return and enjoy our full facilities at the earliest opportunity.

My staff and i look forward to your return visit in the near future. Thank you

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just back form Montigo Resort for a 3D2N trip over the weekend. Well a thumb up for the excellent services from all the staff in Montigo as they are always with a smiling face and helpful hands. The Villa is big and clean with very comfortable beds and very big bathroom but it took me a hard time to take my shower as the water was very low in the Master bedroom nevererthless i still manage with it (haha) . The minibar is loaded with 8 cans of free soft drinks, 2 mineral water and 2 packets of chips which will be replenished once every day.
Oh yes we also enjoy the private pool which is facing the sea - nice view. We manage to cook in the Villa as they provide microwave, pots, frying pans, plates, bowls, spoons, fork etc..... but pls remember to bring your own cooking oil, knife, detergent, table cloth, floor rag as you will need it.
As this is a soft opening therefore there is nothing much you can expect except for the wii games which is provided and the programmes from the TV.
A recommended place for relaxing over the weekend.

Room Tip: Villa 53 is a good choice as there is no trees near to the pool therefore the swimming pool is v cle...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary K
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback

I am delighted that you enjoyed our villa and thank you for your kind words on our service. I have shared your feedback with my staff who are delighted that they made your stay comfortable.

I have also taken note of your comment on the low water pressure and have discussed this with my Chief Engineer to ensure rectification and non-recurrence of such an issue.

We look forward to your return visit soon. Thank you

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Though the resort is at its opening phase & many elements are pending for improvement, the service of their staff is excellent! This is a place that I will not hesitate to tip each & every staff.

I am sure this location will become Singaporeas' new hangout with families & friends.

Well done everyone in Montigo Resort!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank RoselinSpore
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

Thank you very much for your kind words. We will continue to strive to deliver our best to all our guests.

We look forward to your return visit soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Radisson Golf & Convention Center Batam
#6 of 35 in Bintan Island
Turi Beach Resort
Turi Beach Resort
#2 of 5 in Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!