“Excellent staff and lovely getaway”

Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed over for the recent weekend. Upon arriving, the transfer to hotel was a breeze with the Nongsa staff who as friendly and smiley. Check in was fast and prompt and the welcome drink was a bonus. We loved our sea view room! Room was great, relatively clean and feel good enough for picky me! Massage was the Spa Central (part of the package from our package) exceeds expectation. I wasn't expecting much but i had to say the massage was one of the best i ever had for a while. Hence, highly recommended but kind of regret i didn't take them the the name. We had dinner at Turi Beach as it seems the review is better. Both restaurants at both Nongsa and Turi was bbq theme buffet at the same price (S$30). was glad i made the right choice but Turi was relatively packed with more guests (<100pax) whereas it seems there was just a handful over at Nongsa. We had breakfast at Nongsa but it was pretty ok. The staff service was outstanding once again, helping to pour tea for us and offer some fresh and hot prata. We also took the shuttle to MegaMall for $8/pax for some light shopping at the supermarket and the A&W lunch before heading back to SG. All in all, it was a good trip :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Booked 2D1N stay at Turi Beach Resort, however, was transferred to Nongsa Point (Hillview room) due to room fully booked for a wedding event at Turi.
It was a quieter resort at Nongsa Point as compared to Turi. The room was spacious that comes with a living room and 2 toilet. It was clean and very comfortable.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.

To compensate for transferring us to Nongsa Point, the hotel gave us an additional 20% discount and free upgrade + VIP welcome and fruit basket for our next visit. We were truly touched and happy for the arrangement.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay at the resort and the staff were truly sensitive to guests request. They did a great job.

Highly Recommended!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Agnes L
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Chose the resort for a wkend getaway, at the same time to celebrate my husband's birthday. But was disappointed with the hotel service. During lunch, some of the food items in the menu were not available when ordered. When I
ordered my favourite Avocado drinK, the waitress informed us that the fruits weren't ripe yet and when asked for the custard caramel
desssert, two items in the menu were not available, the custard
caramel and one more item which I
couldn't recall.
We signed up for the buffet dinner
that starts at 7pm to 10pm. After a
half day gone at the spa, we rested
for awhile and came for the dinner
at 8pm, looking forward for a nice
meal, but to our disappointment,
most of the food were finished! And
the caterers didn't even bothered
to replenish them! The vegetables
and the potatoes platters were all
empty! The barbeque fish platter
left with only 4 miserable parts of
the stingray. And not to mention
the dessert bar as well were totally
empty! And the dinner supposed to
end at 10pm!! There dont even
have juices, either beers or fizzy
drinks and I can't even take any of
those. My husband was so mad and
complaint to the waiter, after which
he came back with 6 pieces of
apple tarts just for us and explained
that the caterer had to cater for 3
different places and so that's the
reason for the lack of food. But I
don't think that's our problem just
for being 1 hr late!! Its a buffet
dinner and was supposed to end at
10pm, for heaven sake!! Why would
they called it a buffet in the first
place! A total disaster for a birthday
celebration! I hope the
Management would look into this! A
beautiful resort for a getaway but if
the service quality is not there,
then I wouldn't recommend this
place!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stay there for 2D1N using coupons purchased online. 8 of us. 2 were repeat visitors who paid the normal price this time. They had a good time in June when they stayed for 2D1N as well.
The place had an laid-back feel. White buildings with red tiled roofs. The staff though not very good with English, were still very friendly and helpful.
They were prepared for our arrival from the very moment we cleared the customs at the Nongsapura Terminal. The pickup staff and vehicle, abeit a bit weathered, was all ready for us (as we were the only guests expected, there was no need to drop by Turi Beach Resort. The rooms were available upon check-in and were along the same row, facing the sea. Everything was as requested and of acceptable condition.
We had our massage as per the package, but it was of only normal standards.
After the massage, we had our own literary and got back to hotel at night. Had a chat around the pool with my company while I soaked in the waters.
Breakfast the following morning was of acceptable standards but with limited selection and honeydew melon that tasted strange as per those who ate it.
We requested for late check out for one of the rooms so that we can relax around more and the hotel agreed. It was nice of them to accommodate to our last minute request.
Check out was done smoothly as well and the staff who accompanied us to the ferry terminal was friendly and helpful too in ensuring we have all our tickets and departure cards.
Overall, it was a good trip with good memories of the place as all of us enjoyed ourselves at a tranquil resort with friendly staff and wonderful environment. It almost felt like we booked the entire resort. Recommend to all who like a getaway from the busy worklife.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Resort was not bad, feel that sister resort turi beach was better. booked a 2 storey villa of sort, with 3 rooms and 6 beds. breakfast was nice. food was overpriced, better off going to town for the food. taxi arranged by the resort was pricey, better off arranging a taxi yourself at a much lower price. pool was so so, interior of room was clean and its a resort thats worth the money, nothing much to be expected. area was generally well kept and maintained.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank pocky_11
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed a night on 11 June 2011.

We toured batam before checking in late at night. We had 3 chalets for our group of 18 people.

1 of the chalets had faulty porch light, which we can't even see the number on our keys. And they had no intention of changing it.

Chalets interior look tired and not well maintained.

Toilet flushed non-stop. Toilet door cannot be locked. No toothbrush provided. Bath towel was stained (looks like rust). Shower hose too short. I'm 1.7m and I had to bend to wash my hair.

Beds had blood stains, hair (different lengths), dirt on them.

We did sea sports on the morning of check out. When we asked for more towels, we were flatly rejected. Upon pressing, we were told to get them at the pool side. There was no attendant at the pool side towel counter, and there were only 5 towels. Then we went to the reception to ask for towels again, they said they don't have any more. Can a hotel/resort really run out of towels?!!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I purchased a promo from outlet.com.sg, was told that weekdays slots are full and end up have to pay extra for the weekend.
problem starts upon arrival at batam...
there was no hotel staff that was waiting for us... when I approached the Turi Beach staff, he was super stress and wasnt happy that he have to handle our questions.
After waiting, we end up squeezing a 2nd bus with turi beach guest.

when i check in, I was told that booking was for 1 day before and i did a no show...
I was furious, as the booking for the ferry was on the correct date and the confirmation letter given was also stated the same day....
I seated quite awhile at the front desk and did all my payments for the taxes and surcharges... they did not do any forms of "goodwill" services at all after all these issues.. I was even given a hill view room to my dismay.

Went into the room and alas, no toilet paper at all and comforter was dirty...
went down to complain and all they did was putting toilet paper for us...

And when you think that this is over...
another surprise awaited us when we came back from our shopping... right at the moment that we step into the lobby, we were told that the ferry timing that we selected for was full and we have to change the timing...
I was super unhappy and the manger came to talk to me..
earlier ferry was not in time as we cant rush from the spa...
and i requested for a extension of checkout timing so that we can go for the 4.30 ferry which was being rejected flatly...

In the end, they managed to get me a ferry but was at batam center, i have to pay for the cab fare to the ferry terminal... and was being forced to pay taxes again at the ferry counter... which i did pay at the hotel before hand.

I am so so not going to stay there anymore!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank meixue84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Batam View Beach Resort
Turi Beach Resort
Turi Beach Resort
#2 of 5 in Nongsa
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Nongsa Point Marina & Resort? Share your experiences!