Sitia is prthaps the best place from which one may explore the east of Crete. And the east is not overcrowded with hordes of tourists. The hotel is situated some 200 meters to the main sqare and the promenade at the seaside. It is only 50 m to the beach, where beds and umbrellas are free for the hotel residents.
The hotel deserves five stars which are proudly presented on the entrance . The rooms and the bathrooms are well equiped and they are spotlessly clean. So is everything in the large garden and at the swimming pools. There are enough sun beds and umbrellas. Food in the restaurant is good, variaty of dishes and the quality of cooking are impressive (just in 7 days I gained 2 kilos). Service in the dining room and in general in the hotel (receptionists, cleaning ladies ets.) is excellent. The hotel offers the internet access.
However if one wants to thoroughly enjoy the holidays I would recommend renting a car. Staying all the time on the hotel swimming pool or walking in the streets of Sitia is all right for 1 - 2 days, but afterwards it would be boring. With a car one may explore exceptionally beautiful countryside, one may see small villages on the hillsides, remote and almost empty beaches, archeological sites and mediaval churches. The places offer unforgettable views and the atmosphere of everyday country life.
In Sitia there are many car rental agencies. The one in the hotel is perhaps some 30% more expensive, than other ones in the town, while the conditions are comparable (quality of cars, insurence etc.) . Road conditions in the eastern Crete were above my expectation. Even the very small villages are accessible by asphalt winding roads.
I thoroughly enjoyed the one week stay in the Sitia Beach Resort, and I may recommend the place to all people, who are interested more in sightseeing, than in the night life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Being the only 5-star hotel in Sitia, our hotel is located on a private sandy along the bay of Sitia, just 300 meters away from Sitia city center, the marina and various shops and traditional tavernas. The hotel was completely renovated, while it still keeps its distinctive architecture coming from the late 70s design culture. With 162 rooms (conventional, suites, bungalows) our hotel offers all the comforts necessary for an enjoyable accommodation and a memorable summer vacation, while our restaurant offers a huge variety of culinary delights, including Greek and Cretan cuisine and cooked-to-order daily specials. Sitia hotel provides a wide range of facilities, where our guests can enjoy all-day sport activities and entertainment. In our lush gardens you will find peace and relaxation, while in our spacious pool area and on the beach you can try various sea and water sports. In addition, you can try our spa programs and services, provided by our highly professional staff. Finally, regarding transportation, a bus stop that connects the hotel with famous sightseeing (like Vai Palm Forest and Zakros Palace) is located directly outside the resort. Sitia Beach City Resport & Spa is only 1.5 Km away from Sitia Airport and 120 Km away from Heraklion Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sitia Beach City Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sitia Beach City Hotel Siteia
- Sitia Beach City Resort And Spa
- Sitia Beach City Resort & Spa Crete