All reviewssunday lunchfamily lunchthree coursessteak and ale pieanniversary dinnerlovely eveningstable blockhanging basketslovely pubcomfortable accommodationcooked to perfectiontea coffeeplenty of parkinga lovely staylovely roomwould stay againstayed one night
Reviewed August 15, 2018

We visited the resaurant for our 26th wedding anniversary and had a lovely evening, the staff were helpful we were given a good table whichwas nicely decorated for us , a nice touch. The food and service was excellent. The hosts were very friendly and we enjoyed the atmosphere

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Michelle and her team did a wonderful job in hosting us for our grandsons christening. High tea was delicious and the decorations made the event very special. No stress and a thoroughly good time had by all.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stopped here for dinner and we couldn't fault anything. I had the vegetarian option of a courgette and aubergine bake and my friend had gammon and chips. Everything was cooked really nice and the prices were very reasonable. I would definitely recommend dining here we had a lovely evening.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I booked to stay over last minute as just got off Harwich ferry and was welcomed by Rob at the door. Although the bar and restaurant were closed on Monday nights I was offered a great tasting beef sandwich washed down with good ale. I was made to feel very welcome, my room in the annex was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was well cooked and plentiful, sausage and bacon particularly nice. Other than the cook up there was cereals, juice, yoghurts and toast all available. Definitely recommend the place as a stop over, very happy to stay and chat with Rob again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2018

We were fortunate to find this excellent place and stay for two nights after booking at short notice. The owners Robert and Michelle were very attentive and obviously take a great pride in their business. The restaurant, bar area and our room were spotlessly clean, nicely decorated and we couldn't find fault with anything. The staff were efficient and friendly without exception and we loved the food which was ample and well presented. Although we live 2-3 hours away we will certainly return in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed in a quirky first floor bedroom but it was quiet and very spacious. Most rooms are in a separate block of ground floor chalets.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple