“My Favourite Place”

Misty Mountain Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Mount Samson B&B and Inns
“My Favourite Place”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I love coming to Misty Mountain. This is a true B&B in every sense - their house is your house for the stay. Warm, open and caring. It is a home away from home. What people may not know are the extras you can partake in. If you love massage you will love Lori, Hugh and Corina's Ka Huna massages - they are the best. I regularly come back once a month for a massage, even when I am not staying in the B&B. Plus I have had mud wraps, luxuriated in the spa and sweated in the sauna. Sitting on the back down having breakfast, reading through the travel brochures and looking to wonderful view of the mountains is the best before having to make the trek back to my normal life!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LoriL371, Owner at Misty Mountain Retreat, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hugh and I appreciate your time to review and give feedback on your visits with us at Misty Mountain Retreat. It has been our pleasure welcoming you into our home and we look forward to pampering you again when next you visit. regards Lori

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Received a very warm welcome from Lori & Hugh. Such great hosts and made you feel like old friends you haven't seen in years.
The views were amazing and the couples Kahuna massage they both gave my husband and I were the best massages we have ever had!!
Will definitely be going back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JazminJade
LoriL371, Owner at Misty Mountain Retreat, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for your review, We are always happy to hear from our guests. Well the beds what can I say...all the guests want to take them home! Hugh and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I love this place and the people running it. I consider it home away from home. Lori and Hugh are warm and caring hosts and they think about the little extras. The veiw from the back verandah is stunning and there is nothing better than laying back in the extremely comfortable bed and watching the sunrise through the bedroom window. I live in paradise but get a better sleep when I'm here!!! Thank you Lori and Hugh.......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LoriL371, Owner at Misty Mountain Retreat, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are humbled that you feel that Misty Mountain is your " home away from home" and pleased you have a restful night sleep. Hugh and I look forward to welcoming you again when you next visit.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Thank you Lori and Hugh for the most wonderful 4 days. Your warmth and hospitality were really special.

The kahuna massage was incredible and the ceiling in the meditation room has to be experienced to be believed.

I enjoyed sauna, spa, massage, beautiful breakfast overlooking the glorious mountain range and much needed peace and quiet.

I would reccomend " Misty Mountain retreat" to anyone and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lori L, Owner at Misty Mountain Retreat, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you Gale for your wonderful review.
I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you again some time.
kind regards Lori - Misty Mountain Retreat
Melbourne
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Maybe I expected to much.
I booked a two bedroom apartment, but when I got there Lori and Hugh had stored someones furniture in the other bedroom (assuming because there was two of us we would share a bed)
Yes there is a balcony, but it over looks the septic which smells on hot days
. The work man started work on the Resorts new shed at 7.30, am., could they have waited a bit later, we were paying guests.
It was not the peaceful retreat we had hoped for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marree P
LoriL371, Owner at Misty Mountain Retreat, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Maree P, The late response to this review is due to only just joining TripAdvisor. I regret that we did not meet your expectations. I was away from the property at this time and I was not advise from my staff that there were any concerns regarding your accommodation. Rest assured something would have been done at the time had you mentioned it. Thank you for your time in giving a review
Owner
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

great people running it, beautiful spot, very comfy beds, good brekky BUT they should have said that there was a shared common area and that should be read as you will have to share a bathroom, shower sinks and mirrors, and that the tea station in rest of house, rest of house able to see into shared area. no locks on bedroom door either. oh and very thin walls (can hear all conversations wherever the are in the house and noise sharing floor. also they swiched our room. but really its the misinformation and the total lack of privacy that made me fell very let down by the place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BA743
Thank you for your time in writing a review. The late response is due to the fact I have just joined TripAdvisor and was unaware we had any reviews. I regret that we did not meet your expectations in pricing. As a result of concerns we have changed our doors to include privacy locks for guest comfort. regards
Owner
Brisbane Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Thank you Lori for making our one night stay oh so comfortable and enjoyable. John is still telling feeling fantastic after the amazing 90 minute Ka Huna Massage. Breakfast on the deck was a soul restoring hour. Your retreat is so easy and quick to drive to from Brisbane - blink and you are there. It is also a great place to stay to visit all the surrounding areas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MazBrisbaneAustralia
Oh so enjoyable I am pleased John enjoyed his massage and you both got the rest and relaxation you deserve. As I have only just joined TripAdvisor I am pleased to see such favourable responses.
Looks like John is overdue for another massage. We look forward to seeing you both again soon
kind regards
Dayboro Cottages & Llama Walks
Mount Glorious Getaways
Mount Glorious Getaways
#1 of 1 in Mount Glorious

Been to Misty Mountain Retreat? Share your experiences!