All reviews across the road pool area lovely hotel nice pool hotel manager room was large family suite personal service yogurt location is excellent nice surprise quality hotel breakfast buffet was excellent wonderful food spa services family vacation polite staff
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Very special Hotel for us.Nothing is too much trouble the staff are very attentive and professional giving us loads of good advice to make are stay easy which is just what you need when on holiday(Georgia and Yiannis ) the rooms are lovely and clean and comfortable. We had a few evening meals here which were exceptionally good close to michelin star (my wife’s a foodie so appreciates good food). The kids love the pool and deciding on what to choose for breakfast.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in hotel for the company off-site conference. To begin with the choice of Kea and other islands for business conference is not safe in Greece - this wonderful nation that wants to stay lazy as they permanently makes strikes to have the lifestyle of the Germans. We were simply lucky that the strike fell on May 30 and we were leaving on May 31, otherwise we wouldn’t be able even to leave the island for the non-operating ferry. Porto Kea is one of the 2 relatively big hotels on the island that can be used for the business conference - the rest are way too small, so I guess the limited choice was the reason to stay there. Hotel is made in the style of separate bungalows, some rooms inside with a nice sea view balcony or terrace, some tiny and dark with backyard view. Overall the small territory, a single tiny swimming pool and dirty beach in front adjusent to busy harbor give no reason to give 5 stars to this hotel but maybe for Greek standards it is. Food was ok, drinks for purchase totally overpriced. The problem is that the hotel that claims to be good enough for business purpose has big issues with service level. Non working internet has become the 1st biggest issue - in the rooms every morning at 9 am it stopped and gave ‘wrong password’ mistake, the worst is when the internet stopped during the business part when all of us needed it. The only thing staff could say is that they ‘are working on the problem’ without any exact time by which it is supposed to be fixed. To my question why internet doesn’t work in-room I got a striking answer that ‘for our technician it works’ - hotel manager who dared raise her voice from the beginning of the conversation was trying to tell me that me and my colleagues are idiots who say internet in room doesn’t work whereas the technician says it does. 2nd surprise came from the fact that 3-4 of my colleagues lived in a neighboring hotel whereas 3-4 rooms in our hotel they rented to other people. As the result, these people were unhappy with late night parties my colleagues made and called police whereas those parties are a pretty normal thing for corporate off-sites. The hotel should have had it in mind at the time of booking and give the full premises to our use only to satisfy both corporate and external guests. 3rd problem popped up when my colleagues opened 5 bottles of champagne during the business part for us - same hotel manage started to shout like crazy that alcohol can be purchased in hotel only. WTF?!!!! In every hotel u can use ur own alcohol anywhere apart from restaurant and we had it in the fully paid business room!!! As the result, she took a fine at the cost of those bottles in hotel price list. Overall, the hotel manager was a totally inadequate person who talked with a raised voice to us as if we owe something to her after fully renting her hotel off season and paying lots of extra services. Absolutely no desire to help solving the issues that were produced by the hotel itself. I would strongly recommend this lady to go work in Turkey to learn what the words service and client orientation mean.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank WomanOfTheWorld09
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Everything about the Porto Kea Suites says welcome! From our check-in to our final evening dining by the pool, everything was perfect. The hotel staff is professional yet warm and engaging. Helpful and diligent to the finest details - everyone we met was the embodiment of hospitality. The breakfast was the best we've seen in our travels - delicious and fresh with new items each morning! The location is perfect and the adjacent beach is great for a refreshing dip between hikes! Our room was away from the pool area with a view of the port - quiet and private. A true retreat!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2018

The hotel is conveniently located close to the port. it is one of the top hotels of the island. It has a relatively big pool for the size of the hotels of this small island. Close to a couple of organized beaches by car, but not so close to the most poplar beaches. Very clean Hotel. You can also see the ships come and go to the port. The noise of the ships was not bothering us at all. But this is very subjective. We enjoyed it a lot.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank pk2010pk
Reviewed February 20, 2018

We chose this hotel instead of Aigis Suites as we found it to be more child friendly and accessible. Though it could have been a perfect hotel for a family vacation, the lack of management, attitude and manners its a huge turn off. We were travelling with a 10 month old baby and another couple with children 8 and 10 years old. For this reason we have booked two family suites which specified that they had a kitchen area with a microwave and kettle which was ideal for us having to prepare baby's milk, food, wash his cutlery etc. When we checked in we were disappointed to see that there was no kitchen area in the room and also there was no ceiling fun as advertised which again for us was necessary as we wanted to avoid using the air-conditioning for the baby. I complained at the reception about this and asked to change room. The girl there at the time said that she would speak with the manager and let me know. When nobody came back to me a went again to the reception desk and the girl seemed to have totally forgot what I was talking about so I asked to peak with the manager. She appeared and explained to me that they had no available rooms and that we couldn't change and what she could do was to bring a microwave in the room for us . Certainty she didn't get away from her way and there was no apology of any sort as to why the rooms are not as depicted on their website.
Don't be fooled by the web site photos as the hotel is in great need of renovation and refreshing.
If you are not travelling with kids try the Aigis Suites. Its beautiful, quiet with magnificent views and polite staff.

Date of stay: July 2017