See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 10, 2017

Good points: reasonable price for its proximity to Newmarket centre, clean, pleasant staff. Bad points: pretty much what everyone else has written. A couple with a young child, we thought a 'studio' would suffice for the night, but it was so tiny that we could barely move (literally!) with an extra single bed obviously shoved in there when it wasn't designed for it. There was nowhere (surfaces) to put anything apart from a tiny table, no hooks for towels/flannels, the bathroom window was cracked (and had obviously been that way for a long time), the shower ran so hard that it almost took the skin off. I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, as we were in Auckland for the week for work, we had to stay here.

The toilet had been hit with the “reverse mudslide”. It was fresh and perpetrated minutes before we checked in.

The beds are little more than straw-filled nests complete with bed bugs and the odd native insect.

From the looks of things, they had “reverse-vacuumed” and sprayed dust, crumbs and pubic lice from floor to ceiling.

I was close to calling the Police, as I was pretty sure the smell had violated me.

STAY AWAY!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2017

Stayed at this dump for the Lions test. They charged $200 a night. I got bedbugs and have big itchy bites up my legs. They refuse to refund us. Shopping trolleys outside, ciggie buts and the place is generally filthy. The room, unit 9 smelt terrible too. I have photos of my bug bites if you need to see. I am putting a complaint in with the health department.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hollyful
Reviewed June 23, 2017

Nearly four weeks into the Lions tour and the nadir had been reached, the bar will never be set so low again.
Awful room and utter cheapskates with the wifi despite the arm and a leg price it costs to stay. Luxury prices, brutal value.
Do yourself a favour, avoid this place at all costs.
No point complaining to the staff either. They really don't give a fig.
Great South Road? You're having a laugh with the use of "Great". Try miserable.

Room Tip: Just don't come here!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2017

This place is crap! This place is a dump! The beds,I am sure, are the beds people leave out on the sidewalks for bulk cleanup week. They are terrible. The room stank of something between cigarettes and sweaty socks. The bathroom/shower was filth,with the timber doors, swelling from being wet and damp. There is some shonky electrical work to wire up the wall mounted TV. The walls are thin, and you can hear every footstep and noise from the upstairs room. We were woken at 2.30 am by the upstairs occupant when they need to use the bathroom,get a drink and get back into bed. We thought the roof was going to collapse in on us. This place should be struck off the register.AVOID!!! You even have to go to the motel next door to check in !

Room Tip: Nothing good about this city dump. Infact,you would do better to go to the city dump and crawl into a 44 gallon drum.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple